Sigourney Weaver Radio Interview

Started by Darkness, Jul 11, 2008, 07:59:10 PM

Author
Sigourney Weaver Radio Interview (Read 15,607 times)

Darkness

Darkness

For those of us in the UK, check out this Radio Broadcast on iPlayer. There’s an interview with Sigourney Weaver if you fast forward to 2:33:00 where she talks about her new movie Wall-E. Go to 2:38:15 and she talks about the Alien movies. Here’s the transcript of the main comments:

Sigourney: “The reason why I don’t think there’ll be another Alien is that there are all these Alien vs Predator movies that I think have taken the rather elegant, mysterious creature and made him less so. We could have gone back to space to the original planet where the aliens were from but now everything’s about the whole Alien vs Predator thing.”
Interviewer: “Yeah, they’re a little less subtle aren’t they than the original concept, I think.”
Sigourney: “I think Ridley Scott would probably agree with you.”

She hit the nail on the head, I think.  :-X  She goes on to talk a little more about the Alien series in general and what it meant to her. Thanks to WisePredator for the news.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Hm. I'm totally sure I agree with her since the AvP films haven't created any sort of definite origin for the Aliens.

Harry72

Harry72

A very interesting interview. Thanks to WisePredator !

The Chibi Kiriyama

It's unfortunate that the Alien vs. Predator franchise was made the way Davis wanted. I'd love to see a fifth Alien film, but Fox has milked this cash cow so hard that I don't think audiences will ever respond to the franchise in the same way again.  We've lost Winston...soon, we'll start losing most of the people who care and can do something about this.

Spidey3121

I dont think the 1st AvP killed the Alien franchise, i think it was Fox's insistance on making a 2nd + much crappier one. AvP: R is a complete insult to the Alien franchise.

The Ultimate Predator

I now don't think AvP as a concept can ever have a decent film adaption made. Stick with continuing the Predator series,a nd possibly the Alien series at a later date.

gonk

gonk

she is too old! people need to move on, what did you expect from an AvP movie? oscars? There is more chance of Alien being remade to Weaver making another

marrerom

marrerom

i still believe that she wants to make alien5..IT WILL HAPPEN!!!

pvt hicks

pvt hicks

ok...didnt she just say she wanted to do it? get the ball rolling, already!

JK

JK

Sylvester Stallone in Rocky and Harrison Ford in Indy 4. Why not Sigourney Weaver in A5?

Bio Mech Hunter

I have to agree with Spidey3121 and The Ultimate Predator, but I still dream of having one last epic Alien film with Sigourney that restores the franchise to it's former glory. Or at least, something close to it. A sort of swan song to one of the most talented female actors of our time and one of the most terrifying creatures to grace the big screen. *sigh* Wishful thinking on my part I guess...  Damn you Fox.

Chris P

Chris P

As much as that sucks, I do agree.  I still wish they would at least try to re-create the wonder that is:   A L I E N

kcirtap33

kcirtap33

avp is a different animal.....alien 5 could still be plausible.no need for her to get involved,she is just after 1 more big payday.ripley is dead,lets move on.

gameoverman

What a way to end a great franchise - AVPR, the most retarded movie in existence.  It's killed any chance of Alien 5 or Predator 3.  Just face the facts, folks...    :(  

dallas001

dallas001

>:(   Well in 1989 and 1990 FOX had the idea right on thier plate in front of them. But they opted for the poorly performing and franchise downturn starter ALIEN 3. Then when they couldn't keep any good stuff up, they opted for AVP. All they had to do back then was use the idea people have said since I was in JR High 18 years ago. Plus FOX and ADI screwing over Giger was A BIG MISTAKE BACK THEN.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed