AvPGalaxy's Let's Play Aliens vs. Predator (2010)

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 13, 2018, 09:11:42 AM

Author
AvPGalaxy's Let's Play Aliens vs. Predator (2010) (Read 60,812 times)

Corporal Hicks

We’ve recently uploaded the first episode of Alien vs. Predator Galaxy’s Let’s Play Aliens vs. Predator (2010) to our YouTube Channel! RidgeTop and I are playing through the marine campaign of Rebellion’s Aliens vs. Predator (2010) first.

This is our first real attempt at doing anything like this so feedback is appreciated! We will be continuing to release more videos of our playthrough every Tuesday so keep an eye out on our channel! Check it out and let us know what you think.

Keep a close eye on Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest on Alien and Predator! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter and Instagram to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums!

Saith

I likewise started another playthrough of this game recently, I guess it had been about 4 years or so.
Man, the Multiplayer was so awesome back then!

A few niggling issues aside, it's still a damn Solid Game.

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

If you dont play it atleast on Hard, its pointless. This game deserves to be played on Hard or Nightmare difficulty. Its about Aliens and Predators. . damn,  it should be played on harder settings. I finished both ACM and AVP on hardest difficulty on Xbox 360. The Marine campaign in AVP on Nightmare is a huge challenge, esspecially the last ending mission, but I still recomend it for all true fans and players. Play this kind of games on lower than Hard is just a serious insult for me. I really hope that they made the ACM and AVP background compatible for Xbox One X, it will be marvelous! Bigger resolution, more stable (if not more) Fps and so on. . just imagine that. Game community of both these games will be playing it once again, and in a much bigger scale! I hope Microsoft choose AVP or ACM if not both of them, in order to made these games backward compatible. Fingers crossed.

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

You guys should got the original Xbox and made the let's play videos about Predator Concrete Jungle. Its an awesome game! It has a lot of unique ideas that some fans never seen before. Do it! And play it on Young Blood difficulty if not directly on Bad Blood.

TheDerelict

Ooohhh, I do love a "lets play". I can loose hours of my life on this very happily. But when your finished having fun on AvP how about an "isolation" lets play on nightmare mode. That seperates the men from the boys. 😁

Xeno from Chino

Xeno from Chino

This was a very fun game. Right before my Xbox 360 died on me last year, I got to play this game one last time. I forgot how fun it was. And the dark tint really added to the deadly atmosphere. Even the flashlight or flares wouldn't illuminate the gameplay too much as a Marine. The AI was pretty decent too. Whenever the aliens would attack, it could actually be hard to hit them because they moved quickly and they could also take a few hits before they died. I also liked how some of the aliens would hide in the walls right in plain sight as you go through some of the levels. I think my only complaint was the lack of available weapons for the Marine campaign.

Huggs

Well done. The sound levels were balanced about right. The commentary was interesting and clear without drowning out the gameplay. Great presentation of a way underrated game. It hit all the right notes for me. If only rebellion would've handled A:CM, we really could've had something special. Maybe someday.

Komenja

Hey, this is pretty good! Great commentary, I haven't seen an LP of these games with hosts who know their Alien/Predator fluff before. Looking forward to the next part!

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Petr Švancara on Mar 13, 2018, 01:36:01 PM
If you dont play it atleast on Hard, its pointless. This game deserves to be played on Hard or Nightmare difficulty. Its about Aliens and Predators. . damn,  it should be played on harder settings. I finished both ACM and AVP on hardest difficulty on Xbox 360. The Marine campaign in AVP on Nightmare is a huge challenge, esspecially the last ending mission, but I still recomend it for all true fans and players. Play this kind of games on lower than Hard is just a serious insult for me.

I've played it through on Nightmare. 2010 is the only game I 100%ed on the 360. However, we don't want these videos to take forever and have to restart them too much so Normal it is. Sorry to have insulted you so much.  :P

QuoteI really hope that they made the ACM and AVP background compatible for Xbox One X, it will be marvelous! Bigger resolution, more stable (if not more) Fps and so on. . just imagine that. Game community of both these games will be playing it once again, and in a much bigger scale! I hope Microsoft choose AVP or ACM if not both of them, in order to made these games backward compatible. Fingers crossed.

I still think 2010 looks gorgeous. I really feel we're due another one though!

Quote from: Petr Švancara on Mar 13, 2018, 01:44:58 PM
You guys should got the original Xbox and made the let's play videos about Predator Concrete Jungle. Its an awesome game! It has a lot of unique ideas that some fans never seen before. Do it! And play it on Young Blood difficulty if not directly on Bad Blood.

We're planning on playing through as many of these are possible.

Quote from: TheDerelict on Mar 13, 2018, 01:46:05 PM
Ooohhh, I do love a "lets play". I can loose hours of my life on this very happily. But when your finished having fun on AvP how about an "isolation" lets play on nightmare mode. That seperates the men from the boys. 😁

Isolation will definitely happen. We'll see about Nightmare though.  :laugh: I hope you enjoy these!

Quote from: Huggs on Mar 14, 2018, 02:16:30 AM
Well done. The sound levels were balanced about right. The commentary was interesting and clear without drowning out the gameplay. Great presentation of a way underrated game. It hit all the right notes for me. If only rebellion would've handled A:CM, we really could've had something special. Maybe someday.

Quote from: Komenja on Mar 14, 2018, 08:12:32 AM
Hey, this is pretty good! Great commentary, I haven't seen an LP of these games with hosts who know their Alien/Predator fluff before. Looking forward to the next part!

Thanks for the feedback. Glad you think we're doing right.  :)

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

The problem is, that Aliens are on Normal too easy to kill. On normal, you see the buttons for dodge everytime when they trying to attack you in front. On Hard, you never see it, so you need to know when and where exactly you should dodge just by yourself. Plus, the overall behaviour of Aliens on Hard are a little bit different, they are rushing more, and are more agressive. I never play it on Normal or lover difficulty just because I have a strong feel that it will be not fair against Xeno. I mean, who dont want to fight against true hard and realistic Xeno, and. . who wants to fight against lame, easy Xeno, right? I understand that for this video its maybe for you guys a better way how to show us your gameplay in normal. But, as I said. There is a difference between it, Aliens (on normal) in bigger group are mostly attacking player one by one, but on Hard. . they are trying to attack you in couples, so. . more than one at the time. . and that is more realistic. Aliens should not wait until they attack from close distance one by one. . they all should attack you if you are really close to them. Also, the whole solo fight against the Predator is much better on Hard, you can kill him too fast on lower difficulty. But other than that, you guys give us atleast something to watch. Hardcore player speaks here, sorry but I demand a higher difficulty next time, you can always record only sucessfull walkthrought without any deaths and edit the talking later.

Corporal Hicks

I don't think you'll be wanting to watch any more then Petr. We'll only be playing through on Normal. We don't have the time to keep going and going until we get it done in one take.

RidgeTop

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. I've played through both Isolation and AVP (2010) on Nightmare and have unlocked every trophy/achievement for both games.

You gotta be a bit more focused on the game at those higher difficulties, which wouldn't work well for us providing a commentary. I wouldn't mind doing some survivor or challenge rounds for a video, but normal just makes sense if we want to get through all these campaigns in a timely manner.

Now if we're talking Aliens: Colonial Marines, yeah we might have to consider bumping that one up.

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

Corporal Hicks - I can watch anything, even if I dont like it, but I dont said here that I dont like what I see. . so I keep watching your gameplay, its still a fun. But fact is that this game is basically serious (only) on harder settings. I found it funny how you said that you dont have time to do it right on one take, lol. The game itself is not that hard even on hard difficulty. I think that it can take about less than 30 minutes to finish each mission on Hard if you know well the environment around you. Plus, playing this on PC with bigger and stable Fps should made it even less challenging. Do you have plan to show us here only the Marine Campaign? What about other two? I think people here will be glad to see your other walktrought with Pred and Xeno. It helps to reduce waiting on actual Predator trailer.

Still Collating...

Liked the video guys. And I really do love the game. Far from perfect, but it was the first alien/predator game I ever played. It's really great having dedicated fans who know the universe so deeply play it.
Would like to see more, keep up the good work.  ;)

Romansky

Since all these new games have guest characters don't you think it would be neat to hunt Xenomorphs and Queens on Monster Hunter..I know this is off topic :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed