Unmade Movies

Started by KiramidHead, Apr 11, 2017, 11:15:14 PM

Author
Unmade Movies (Read 28,613 times)

Kradan

Kradan

He liked baldies even back then

Btw, KiramidHead, I've listened to your I Am Legend episode recently too and it was very ebjoyable !

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Kradan on Jan 29, 2021, 08:16:08 PM
He liked baldies even back then

Btw, KiramidHead, I've listened to your I Am Legend episode recently too and it was very ebjoyable !

Thanks. That's one I'm happy with but really want to revisit down the line because there were a lot of gaps in the info I had back then and I picked up a couple of more drafts since.

Kradan

Kradan

Well, I've learned a few things from that episode

1. Movie was based on the book

2. They'd been trying to make movie since what - late 50s ?

3. Episodes where you have mix of great, good and terrible scripts for the same movie are the best ones (Alien 3, I Am Legend. Superman Lives, The Flash, The Hulk etc.)

PM when you release new episode on that, will ya ? I might even bring my ass to write a review  :D

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I saw Blade Runner and The Martian one night. Ridley is good with books apparently.

Kradan

Kradan

Too bad the movie most people will remember him for was written by crazy man and two fraud producers

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Kradan on Jan 30, 2021, 12:37:17 AM
Well, I've learned a few things from that episode

1. Movie was based on the book

2. They'd been trying to make movie since what - late 50s ?

3. Episodes where you have mix of great, good and terrible scripts for the same movie are the best ones (Alien 3, I Am Legend. Superman Lives, The Flash, The Hulk etc.)

PM when you release new episode on that, will ya ? I might even bring my ass to write a review  :D

Well, Hammer tried to make one in the late 50s, the Italians did make on in the mid-60s, and the early 70s had The Omega Man. WB tried to do another from the mid-90s but didn't get it done until 2007.

And okay, sure. My sig link changes whenever I put out a new one, but I'll PM you if you insist. ;D

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

David Lynch almost adapted a manga by the creator of Akira thanks to George Lucas.

Quote from: via slashfilmDomu: A Child's Dream tells the story of an old man and a child with extraordinary powers. The old man is losing his mind and takes control of an apartment building, causing tenants to kill themselves, but he's challenged by a young girl with her own special abilities.

In the '90s, after the success of Twin Peaks and Wild at Heart, David Lynch almost made a live-action adaptation of Otomo Katsuhiro's manga Domu: A Child's Dream. It's not as well known or popular as Katsuhiro's own Akira, but it's still considered a major work. And in a number of ways, this movie adaptation almost happened because of George Lucas.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

It's a bit of tangent to the thread topic, but I've been reading through the available drafts of Walter Hill's Extreme Prejudice. The original John Milius draft from the 70s is actually quite different from the movie, and in some ways feels like a bit of a practice run for Red Dawn. The 1985 Lukas Heller draft is something of a midway point between the Milius draft and the movie, with some things being closer to the final project but still quite different. And the shooting script is an interesting read as well, as it contains all of the stuff that Hill shot and later cut in post, like the role played by Andrew Robinson, and it makes the actual motives behind the black ops mission much more clear.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: io9Now, according to The Hollywood Reporter, Romero's widow, Suzanne Romero, is looking for directors to helm Twilight of the Dead, which is based on a screenplay she's been quietly overseeing for the last few years written by Paolo Zelati, Joe Knetter, and Robert L. Lucas. Zelati actually wrote a treatment with George before his passing and approached Suzanne for permission to continue, which she granted.

https://twitter.com/io9/status/1388219115769192448

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Oh nice

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Rereading the Cliff Dorfman Crow remake script. You could lose a few pages just by deleting all of the ellipses, goddamn. :laugh:

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Guillermo del Toro Has Spent 'Roughly 16 Years' Writing Screenplays That Never Got Filmed
Quote"By my count I have written or co-written around 33 screenplay features. Two to three made by others, 11 made by me (Pinocchio in progress) so- about 20 screenplays not filmed. Each takes 6-10 months of work, so, roughly 16 years gone. Just experience and skill improvement."

If I've obsessed over this right, these are del Toro's main unrealized projects –

Meat Market: A Love Story (Original screenplay)
Mephisto's Bridge (Based on the novel Spanky by Christopher Fowler)
The List of Seven (Based on the novel by Mark Frost)
The Left Hand of Darkness (Based on The Count of Monte Cristo)
At the Mountains of Madness (Based on the novella by HP Lovecraft)
The Wind in the Willows (Based on the novel by Kenneth Grahame)
Drood (Based on the novel by Dan Simmons)
The Haunted Mansion (Based on the Disney attraction)
Beauty and the Beast (Based on the fairy tale)
The Hulk TV Pilot (Based on the Marvel Comics)
Justice League Dark (Based on the DC Comics)
Fantastic Voyage (Based on the 1966 film)
The Buried Giant (Based on the novel by Kazuo Ishiguro)
The Coffin (Based on the Oni Press Comics)
The Champions (Based on the British TV series)

With these ultimately being made -

Pacific Rim 2 (2018, directed by Steven S. DeKnight)
The Witches (2020, directed by Robert Zemeckis)
Nightmare Alley (2021, directed by del Toro)

And no idea what these could be -

Secret Project (Untitled)
Superstitious

Ingwar

Ingwar

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I've read a couple of drafts of Left Hand of Darkness, it's a pretty good Monte Cristo adaptation, shifted to 1860s Mexico. And Justice League Dark was a fun read.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

I wouldnt mind reading his take on The Champions to be fair

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed