The Official "What was that Movie?" Thread

Started by DUB1, Nov 15, 2014, 02:48:20 PM

Author
The Official "What was that Movie?" Thread (Read 39,021 times)

DUB1

DUB1

Use this thread to ask about the titles of movies you have vague memories about. -Omega

I believe it was from the 90s, and on the cover, there was a man with empty eye sockets and a snake, or snakes, coming out of them. Does anyone know what I'm talking about, and if so, what was the title? Thanks in advance.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Caught the chance and made this a sticky. Anyway, Perhaps you're thinking of...

DUB1

Quote from: Omegazilla on Nov 15, 2014, 03:43:14 PM
Caught the chance and made this a sticky. Anyway, Perhaps you're thinking of...

No, it had nothing to do with Jason Voorhees.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Do you know any more details about this film?

SM

1976 rather 1990s perhaps?

Spidey3121

I feel like this will be a useful thread. The trouble is when my memory of a film is such that I can only remember obscure details, I have trouble explaining it so that anyone has any idea what I'm talking about :laugh:

KirklandSignature

KirklandSignature

I got one...

It takes place at a wedding and one of the characters makes a remark to another guy asking if if he's the wedding planner. The guy comments that just because he is gay doesn't mean he's the wedding planner. Immediately after; the wedding planner pops in and says in a flamboyant voice "did someone say wedding planner!?"

Sozin

Quote from: KirklandSignature on Nov 20, 2014, 03:54:50 PM
I got one...

It takes place at a wedding and one of the characters makes a remark to another guy asking if if he's the wedding planner. The guy comments that just because he is gay doesn't mean he's the wedding planner. Immediately after; the wedding planner pops in and says in a flamboyant voice "did someone say wedding planner!?"

Wedding Wars?

DaddyYautja

I was looking into Alien 3 and it's production story with the wooden planet and monks and somehow i ended up looking at the Legion novel which was use to create the Exorcist III. At the end of the book there's this little piece.

Quotehe believes the Big Bang was Lucifer falling from heaven, and that the entire Universe, including humanity, are the broken parts of Lucifer, and that evolution is the process of Lucifer putting himself back together as an angel.

And i remember seeing this same specific thing in a movie that i dont think was the Exorcist III.
What i barely remember about the movie was that there was a group of scientist studying something. Maybe some church relic? It was some sort of super thick substance? And i think the container that was in was leaking and made people to mad?

Anyway, at the end that idea i quoted was said. That Lucifer was the universe trying to put itself back together.

So what film was that? It wasnt the Exorcist III, right?

Sozin

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Mar 09, 2015, 12:17:49 AMAnd i remember seeing this same specific thing in a movie that i dont think was the Exorcist III. What i barely remember about the movie was that there was a group of scientist studying something. Maybe some church relic? It was some sort of super thick substance? And i think the container that was in was leaking and made people to mad?

Anyway, at the end that idea i quoted was said. That Lucifer was the universe trying to put itself back together.

That has got to be Prince of Darkness (1987).

[cancerblack]

I've got one. I'm pretty sure it was a kids movie, set in medieval times. There was a kaiju type monster in it that was pretty clearly a rip-off of Godzilla and Spacegodzilla in design. I want to say that the monster started small-ish and then grew to Godzilla size, but I might be misremembering.

DaddyYautja

Quote from: Laufey on Mar 10, 2015, 04:04:58 PM
Quote from: DaddyYautja on Mar 09, 2015, 12:17:49 AMAnd i remember seeing this same specific thing in a movie that i dont think was the Exorcist III. What i barely remember about the movie was that there was a group of scientist studying something. Maybe some church relic? It was some sort of super thick substance? And i think the container that was in was leaking and made people to mad?

That has got to be Prince of Darkness (1987).

Riiiiiiight.
Yeah, i think this was it.
Thanks!
Now i got to look for the thing.

Sozin

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Mar 10, 2015, 11:12:48 PM
I've got one. I'm pretty sure it was a kids movie, set in medieval times. There was a kaiju type monster in it that was pretty clearly a rip-off of Godzilla and Spacegodzilla in design. I want to say that the monster started small-ish and then grew to Godzilla size, but I might be misremembering.

The Legend of Galgameth?

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Laufey on Mar 16, 2015, 06:29:42 PM
The Legend of Galgameth?

THANK YOU!

This has actually been bugging me for sixteen years.

Space Invader

Ok so, there is a guy swimming in a pool and suddenly he gets attacked by some invisible thing, leaving huge scratch marks on him. That's all I remeber, it was in 1998 or 1999 I think.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed