Even More Concept Art (115 Images)

Started by ikarop, Jul 05, 2012, 09:13:22 PM

Author
Even More Concept Art (115 Images) (Read 20,927 times)

robertmartin

Interesting to see the chests burst of the engineer.

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Art for the primodial ship looks a lot like Grievous' ship from Revenge of the Sith.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: psychonaut25 on Jul 06, 2012, 09:49:34 AM
Why concept art must be allways better than actual movie ??? ??? ??? ???

Well, it's more stylish, but I wouldn't necessarily say that most things we've seen in this project's concept art would've been better on the big screen.

Different, but not unquestionably better.

With that said, it would've been nice to have seen the partial crustacean themes kept for the trilobite design, as seen on these. But, again, it wouldn't have been a really massive improvement (and the old superfacehugger design, minus the leg membranes, would have been better than any of them).

fiveways

fiveways

The original ship designs reminds me way to much of the ship in "Battle Beyond the stars".

Also, the more i see the more I think a lot of the stuff here might be before the direct alien prequel thing was axed. 

IaMaPh1991

wow it a shame a lot of that Engineer design work wasnt used... and I like the old abandoned look to the scenery, like it truly has been left alone for 2000 years and it shows. Wish they did more suited Engineer's too, as a throwback to the film. Oh well, still liked it anyways :) but I still think we can do better

BANE

BANE

Quote from: fiveways on Jul 07, 2012, 02:10:12 AM
The original ship designs reminds me way to much of the ship in "Battle Beyond the stars".

Also, the more i see the more I think a lot of the stuff here might be before the direct alien prequel thing was axed.
That looks like a warty foot.

Nightmare Asylum

There's some beautiful art in there :)

psychonaut25

Quote from: BLAIN on Jul 07, 2012, 03:54:04 PM

That looks like a warty foot.

ORRIBLE !!

fiveways

"Battle Beyond the Stars" is still one of the greatest films ever made.  I thank god for "Star Wars" because all the shitty clones that followed it?  Amazing.

zakzak

zakzak

The concept art for the Mothership arriving on primordial Earth. This is a very unusual concept for a flying saucer. Why would it position itself flat at the waterfall? Does gravity act differently inside the ship?

NGR01

NGR01

This is how it looks in the movie.
You can see it more clearly whene it takes of behind the sacrifice engineer.

The juggernaut might also don't flight in the same position as it takes off i think.

BTW where does that image comes from?

LarsVader

Zenzucht

That is the spaceship with boobs which got Cameron promoted within the Roger Corman company?

Concerning of "Mother Ship", it always seemed to me that Gigeresque biomechanical interiors (in Prometheus more mechanical) can be walked or climbed easily, so the xenomorphs can be all over the place.. Or it is easier for their resin (or black goo) to spread around.. So when the "Mother Ship" takes off and changes position, the crew simply walk on what was the wall before..

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed