Started by KiramidHead, Apr 11, 2017, 11:15:14 PM

Author
Unmade Movies (Read 28,609 times)

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Quote from: Ingwar on Oct 13, 2021, 10:16:30 PM
Quote from: Gilfryd on Oct 13, 2021, 10:21:48 AM
The Buried Giant

Kazuo Ishiguro's novel of the same name.

https://www.slashfilm.com/562561/unmade-guillermo-del-toro-movies/

Thanks, list updated.

Argh new page, here's my post -

Quote from: Gilfryd on Oct 13, 2021, 10:21:48 AM
Guillermo del Toro Has Spent 'Roughly 16 Years' Writing Screenplays That Never Got Filmed
Quote"By my count I have written or co-written around 33 screenplay features. Two to three made by others, 11 made by me (Pinocchio in progress) so- about 20 screenplays not filmed. Each takes 6-10 months of work, so, roughly 16 years gone. Just experience and skill improvement."

If I've obsessed over this right, these are del Toro's main unrealized projects –

Meat Market: A Love Story (Original screenplay)
Mephisto's Bridge (Based on the novel Spanky by Christopher Fowler)
The List of Seven (Based on the novel by Mark Frost)
The Left Hand of Darkness (Based on The Count of Monte Cristo)
At the Mountains of Madness (Based on the novella by HP Lovecraft)
The Wind in the Willows (Based on the novel by Kenneth Grahame)
Drood (Based on the novel by Dan Simmons)
The Haunted Mansion (Based on the Disney attraction)
Beauty and the Beast (Based on the fairy tale)
The Hulk TV Pilot (Based on the Marvel Comics)
Justice League Dark (Based on the DC Comics)
Fantastic Voyage (Based on the 1966 film)
The Buried Giant (Based on the novel by Kazuo Ishiguro)
The Coffin (Based on the Oni Press Comics)
The Champions (Based on the British TV series)

With these ultimately being made -

Pacific Rim 2 (2018, directed by Steven S. DeKnight)
The Witches (2020, directed by Robert Zemeckis)
Nightmare Alley (2021, directed by del Toro)

And no idea what these could be -

Secret Project (Untitled)
Superstitious

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I just read a script for a movie version of The Saint, written by Terry Hayes, with both Renny Harlin and John McTiernan attached to direct at different points. It was meant to have Roger Moore reprise his role as Simon Templar, who teams up with his illegitimate American son played by Tom Cruise. Not bad, with some decent action.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Spider-Man versus Kraven the Hunter ~ a lost short fan film from 1974

Another lost media case, but still an interesting and very early example of kaiju film: Daibutsu kaikoku.

Quote from: IMDbThe plot focuses on a giant Buddha statue (known in Japan as a "Daibutsu") 33 meters in height. It comes to life and tours the country, mainly seeing tourist sights...

The film disappeared without a trace in 1934. There was a remake in 2018. It looks awful though 👉👈

Also...there was apparently an unfinished King Kong parody called 'The Lost Island', where puppets brought human characters to life..  ;D

ralfy

ralfy

Also, as mentioned in various threads, Jodorowsky's Dune.

Add to that the rest of Mishima's Sea of Fertility series.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I read the Point Break 2 script, written by the original writer. It's one of the most counterintuitive sequel premises I've come across, with Keanu relegated to bookend cameos, and Swayze returning in a major role, in spite of the fact he f**king died in the original. Also, Anthony Kiedis' character pops up as well, just hanging around Swayze in Indonesia despite the fact they barely knew each other in the first movie.  :laugh:

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I've reread Del Toro's Montecristo/Left Hand of Darkness drafts, and they read better when I know not to expect a weirder, more fantastical take. And it's fun to see that the gigantic crucifix from Pinocchio is more or less in this story, too. :laugh:

I do still think that the anti-revenge message doesn't work as well as it could. In fact, Dumas did a better job with the idea of Dantes' revenge going too far. Here, it's just not quite as impactful as it should be.

Immortan Jonesy

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

ralfy

ralfy

The first thing that came to mind when I thought about Spielberg's plans were Band of Brothers and others.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

God, I would love to see a sequel to The Social Network. :laugh:

ace3g

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed