20th Century Fox & Tongal Announce Alien Short Film Contest!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 27, 2018, 05:55:56 PM

Author
20th Century Fox & Tongal Announce Alien Short Film Contest! (Read 77,354 times)

Perfect-Organism

Most likely, the teams putting these films together are putting their own money into them.  30K is negligible for this type of project.  That is not the real reward here.  The real reward is the exposure that these films will get the crew and all involved.  These people are going all out...

Corporal Hicks

AN ADVANCE LOOK AT THE 'ALIEN' 40TH ANNIVERSARY SHORTS PROVES IT'S TIME FOR A FEMALE DIRECTOR TO HELM THE FRANCHISE

QuoteFanbase Press was lucky enough to be invited to the Twentieth Century Fox Studio Lot for an advance screening of all six Alien shorts followed by an IGN panel discussion with the filmmakers behind these new contributions to the franchises' mythos. While even the casual Alien fan will definitely want to check out these binge-worthy mini-movies themselves upon release, below are some initial reactions to these Alien 40th Anniversary Shorts, followed by a short, spoiler-free synopsis of each film in order to whet your appetite.

And he included something at the end that I thought was supposed to be off-the-record but it's out there now...

QuoteAs mentioned previously, the Alien 40th Anniversary Shorts will be released weekly on IGN, starting on March 29th.  Beginning on May 3rd, they will be available on the official @AlienAnthology social channels and AlienUniverse.com, along with exclusive behind-the-scenes content. Additional, Fanbase Press received confirmation from some of the filmmakers that the shorts will also be included as bonus content on the Alien 40th Anniversary Blu-ray.

The Old One

The Old One

Fantastic news, physical media FTW.

Nukiemorph

Awesome!  I wasn't planning to get the 40th blu-ray unless it included these shorts.

Pre-ordering that steelbook to avoid the ugly shiney alien.

HuDaFuK

On the one hand, really glad these are getting a physical release!

On the other, annoyed because I'm gonna have to buy Alien yet again and I don't have a 4K player :P

P1NK8C1DBOOTS

SOLD!! Just preordered the steel book 👌👌👌

Prez

That is great news! I think I might wait to my Steelbook arrives now before I watch these.

Also congrats to @TheOldOne too for your part in all of this.

Can't wait to watch these.

Keyes

I was hoping these would get an official physical media release, so more incentive to pick up the 4K UHD disc  :)

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

I don't have a 4K player either, but this will be about the fifth 4K blu-ray I'll own.  They always come packaged with a standard blu-ray.  I just hope the short films are on the standard blu disc too.

I am a tad concerned that I don't see these shorts on any lists of special features.  If this turns out to be false, I'm cancelling my pre-order.

The Old One

The Old One

Understandable.

Voodoo Magic

When packaged together, it's been my experience that the 4K disc doesn't contain the bonus content other than audio commentaries. It contains just the 4K movie itself.

The standard blu-ray that accompanies it is what contains the bonus features

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 28, 2019, 12:32:40 PM
When packaged together, it's been my experience that the 4K disc doesn't contain the bonus content other than audio commentaries. It contains just the 4K movie itself.

The standard blu-ray that accompanies it is what contains the bonus features

Yeah thats what ive seen too. Its like they piggy back on blu-ray lol

Voodoo Magic

Is there a space issue on the 4K disc I wonder? I ask with no authority on the matter.

TC

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Mar 28, 2019, 03:37:26 AM
Most likely, the teams putting these films together are putting their own money into them.

Quite likely, as in: cast and crew working for low pay or no pay. Which is a way of saying, "putting their own money into (the films)."

In spite of the low budgets, these are, after all, professional productions. Money gets prioritised for spending on cash items - that means materials and equipment hire. (And craft services  :D )

Wages go to the bottom of the list.

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Mar 28, 2019, 03:37:26 AM
... The real reward is the exposure that these films will get the crew and all involved.  ...

Yes. Certain cast and crew will get something significant to boast about on their resumes. How much of a career boost the generator operator will get in return for foregoing a decent day's wage is, well, debatable.

TC

irn

Yo FOX. I know you're reading this. I'm not buying another thing from this franchise until you make a sequel to Alien Covenant.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed