Did Jungle Hunter kill an Alien?

Started by overthere, Oct 20, 2020, 09:19:18 PM

Author
Did Jungle Hunter kill an Alien? (Read 3,557 times)

overthere

overthere

I recently rewatched the first AvP movie (pretty decent actually, just wish it was set in the future) and it seems like plasma cannon is a reward for killing an alien.

Does that apply to every Predator? Did Jungle Hunter kill an alien in order to have his?

Come to think of it, I dont remember if City Hunter has one?

I only know movies, what does the lore say?

The Necronoir

There really isn't a consolidated "lore manual" like that in this franchise, although Fox purportedly kept one in-house for any projects being developed (more likely a list of "do-nots" than anything else).

You could certainly infer that from the film, but there's nothing to suggest that the predators have a homogenous culture like that. On the contrary, what we see in each of the movies seems to indicate quite a diversity it appearance and customs, etc.

Maybe this particular clan plays things that way, while others do their own thing, just like hunting clubs or sporting codes among humans.

Master Chief

What The Necronoir said.

Quote from: overthere on Oct 20, 2020, 09:19:18 PM
I recently rewatched the first AvP movie (pretty decent actually, just wish it was set in the future) and it seems like plasma cannon is a reward for killing an alien.

Does that apply to every Predator? Did Jungle Hunter kill an alien in order to have his?

Come to think of it, I dont remember if City Hunter has one?

I only know movies, what does the lore say?

City Hunter had one.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: The Necronoir on Nov 03, 2020, 03:12:14 PM
There really isn't a consolidated "lore manual" like that in this franchise, although Fox purportedly kept one in-house for any projects being developed (more likely a list of "do-nots" than anything else).
There is a Predator "bible", Andrew Gaska wrote it. It's Predator-specific, though - no AvP stuff allowed.
Short answer to the OP's question: in the Predator franchise, no. In the AvP franchise, it's possible?

Definitely agree that Predators don't have a homogeneous culture - it's one of the things I like most about them.

Samhain13

I see that more as an exclusive thing of the AVP clan. Having to grow through that ritual to get the plasma caster.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Xenomrph on Nov 04, 2020, 01:02:15 AM
There is a Predator "bible", Andrew Gaska wrote it. It's Predator-specific, though - no AvP stuff allowed.
Short answer to the OP's question: in the Predator franchise, no. In the AvP franchise, it's possible?

Definitely agree that Predators don't have a homogeneous culture - it's one of the things I like most about them.

Come on... you're not being fair Xenomrph. What Gaska is talking about is licensing... i.e.  if you shell out money to use the Predator license but not pay for AvP nor Alien licensing, that is what you're allowed to get into.

But in this discussion, it is 100% "allowed".

Gr33n M4n

Maybe the City Pred made his own, which would explain why it looks so different.

Samhain13

I think the other Predators beside the Elder had the same model.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Gr33n M4n on Nov 04, 2020, 07:16:19 PM
Maybe the City Pred made his own, which would explain why it looks so different.

I like its design. Wish it was refferenced more. Creators tend to stick to JH's one. I mean, come on - CH is on the same level with original if not surpasses him

Samhain13

Kind of looks like a cellphone.

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

It also looks like the outer shell of an insect. Kind of like the Predator ship itself.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 04, 2020, 02:07:50 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Nov 04, 2020, 01:02:15 AM

Come on... you're not being fair Xenomrph. What Gaska is talking about is licensing... i.e.  if you shell out money to use the Predator license but not pay for AvP nor Alien licensing, that is what you're allowed to get into.

But in this discussion, it is 100% "allowed".

I wasn't talking about this discussion, more of "the canon" (for those interested in such things).

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Xenomrph on Nov 05, 2020, 04:02:30 AM
I wasn't talking about this discussion, more of "the canon" (for those interested in such things).

You said you were answering the OP - "Short answer to the OP's question: in the Predator franchise, no. In the AvP franchise, it's possible?"

Since the AvP and Predator movies are in the same universe, and the OP brought up lore, not license canon, it's my hope to see these conversations flourish and subsequently encouraged, not boxed by licensing restrictions.  That's the dream.  :)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Maybe I worded my initial post poorly.

Voodoo Magic

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed