Sigourney Weaver Talks Prometheus & Alien movies

Started by Darkoo, Dec 15, 2011, 08:00:12 PM

Author
Sigourney Weaver Talks Prometheus & Alien movies (Read 19,845 times)

psychonaut25

Quote from: Malakak on Dec 15, 2011, 11:32:43 PM
Precisely what I'm thinking if she's a robot.  We don't know enough, and I imagine it's in part because of the cryosleep thing, but I think this means even if she's a human she's obsessed with being ready/warmed up and following routines. She has to follow her routine and do the pushups, not caring she's naked, like some sort of military officer or robot.

I was thinking exactly the same...

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Malakak on Dec 15, 2011, 11:32:43 PM
Precisely what I'm thinking if she's a robot.  We don't know enough, and I imagine it's in part because of the cryosleep thing, but I think this means even if she's a human she's obsessed with being ready/warmed up and following routines. She has to follow her routine and do the pushups, not caring she's naked, like some sort of military officer or robot.

Exercises really aren't that big of a deal... It's what astronauts do.

Personally, I couldn't care less whether they're shown naked, but seeing as, like SM said, they had it way back in 'Alien', it's really not a major thing. We're most likely going to see all of the characters doing it (male and female) to reflect the original.

Toy

Quote from: SM on Dec 15, 2011, 11:48:30 PM
They didn't care about nakedness much at the start of Alien too.

Aye, a good point. It might only be telling if she does them immediately after getting out of cryo while no one else is doing them.  And we still don't know when she's doing the naked pushups.

ThisBethesdaSea

i think both women survive.

Ash 937

Quote from: tmjhur on Dec 15, 2011, 10:32:19 PM
But what if that is the twist of sorts. We've heard that it's Theron that kind of stands in the background a lot. What if she steps up her game and becomes the hero. The evil cynical suit type becomes the righteous hero.

The scope of this film and the exploration into our own origins is huge.  I don't think that Ridley would place the heroine of it all in a suit for some corporation because this is still a mainstream Hollywood film after all.  I like the darkness of this idea but I also think that this sort of twist is too twisted, so to speak.  I prefer that everyone dies at the end of Prometheus and all that is left for the WY corporate bosses is a vague log from Repace's ship that something strange, profound, and (possibly) valuable is on LV-426, opening the door for Scott's continuation into the original 1979 film. 

Or something like that.

marsekay

Quote from: Malakak on Dec 16, 2011, 02:07:50 AM
Quote from: SM on Dec 15, 2011, 11:48:30 PM
They didn't care about nakedness much at the start of Alien too.

Aye, a good point. It might only be telling if she does them immediately after getting out of cryo while no one else is doing them.  And we still don't know when she's doing the naked pushups.

Space jockey Simon says, "Get naked!"

Space jockey Simon says, "Do 50 push ups!"

i think will be nearer the end haha.

Tribal

Tribal

Quote from: Ash 937 on Dec 16, 2011, 05:32:53 AM
I prefer that everyone dies at the end of Prometheus and all that is left for the WY corporate bosses is a vague log from Repace's ship that something strange, profound, and (possibly) valuable is on LV-426, opening the door for Scott's continuation into the original 1979 film. 

Or something like that.

Really?

I mean, do you really need another movie where everyone dies at the end? Man, this is too cliché, and belongs to the 80's.

I'm expecting MUCH more than this from Mr Ridley... I want a movie full of suspense, fear, darkness, questions, mysteries and reveals... not another "Freddie Krueger" on a spaceship  :P

And I want some of them alive for the sequel  8)

DJ Pu$$yface

I don't see how it can be cliche when most of the time there is at least one survivor. Eg; the guy and his new girlfriend.

Personally, I'd like to see them all die.

echobbase79

I never knew Joss Whedon wrote a Alien 5 script? I'd love to get my hands on a copy!

SM

It's never surfaced.  He may have written a treatment as they were planning to do Alien 5 after Resurrection got a lot of good early  buzz.  But when it didn't perform they canned it.

ThisBethesdaSea

I still heavily fault Sigourney for not knowing that the script for Alien Resurrection was pretty bad. She should've known better. AR featured every tired trope from the films preceding it, it was terrible, and she thought it was fresh and new (obviously she was only reading Ripley's portion).

robbritton

In fairness to her, as an actress, the idea of Ripley that A:R presented was fresh and new. It's hardly surprising that that's what she'd hone in on - Ripley is of course the most important aspect to her. The script, while clunky, was nowhere near as grim as what ended up on film. All the wrong elements were brought to the party, alas.

Anyway, it's nice to hear her thoughts, and I shall be interested in her reaction to the finished film. She's every bit as important as the creature to the mythos and it somehow feels right that everything should have her blessing.

SM

QuoteIn fairness to her, as an actress, the idea of Ripley that A:R presented was fresh and new. It's hardly surprising that that's what she'd hone in on - Ripley is of course the most important aspect to her.

Exactly.  Not sure why it's so difficult for people to comprehend this.  And as I said the early buzz was very positive.

QuoteThe script, while clunky, was nowhere near as grim as what ended up on film.

The shooting script was worse than what ended up on film.  A lot of shitty dialogue thankfully got canned.  Whedon did originally write more elaborate sequences in earlier drafts, but Fox kept taking money off them.

robbritton

To clarify, it was an earlier draft I had in 1996 that I refer to (which was sold to me by a high street comic shop, amazingly!) - there was a lot I was excited to see, and not a jot of it appeared onscreen! Well done, filmmakers!  ::)

AlexVelez

Quote from: Spartan113 on Dec 15, 2011, 11:24:52 PM
Quote"I will be as excited as anyone to see how he recreates this creature, re-energizes the Alien

So, did she just, like, confirm that this will be an Alien movie?

She could have meant the space jockey? Maybe there will be a cameo appearance by Giger's alien at the end of the film. Ridley said the last 8 minutes would somehow tie into the first Alien film.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed