Just re-watched AvP 2004.....

Started by Scott Conover, Sep 29, 2018, 05:01:22 PM

Author
Just re-watched AvP 2004..... (Read 32,771 times)

Local Trouble

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 10, 2018, 12:10:30 AM
At least Alien 3 left all the worldbuilding intact...then Alien Resurrection flushed it all down the toilet.

The Old One

The Old One

Basically everything that isn't the characters, and honestly, regardless of the fates of notable others, I honestly think the last time we see Ellen Ripley is by far Sigourney Weaver's strongest performance, my favourite version of the character that's so very tired.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 09, 2020, 01:44:54 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Jan 08, 2020, 10:51:15 PM
Resurrection was destroying a beloved property through lazy writing, cheesy humor and hybrid creatures before it was cool.

I'm a trendsetter?

:D

I already want to burn it

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jan 09, 2020, 07:07:36 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 09, 2020, 01:44:54 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Jan 08, 2020, 10:51:15 PM
Resurrection was destroying a beloved property through lazy writing, cheesy humor and hybrid creatures before it was cool.

I'm a trendsetter?

:D

I already want to burn it

https://i.imgur.com/RJS8V2X.png?1

Why burn something that can clearly be useful, like for clearing out one's sinuses?

Highland

Highland

Random thought. I tell my boy story's of movies , tonight was AVP.

It occured to me..... Where were the humans going to come into play in the story if the pyramid was burried under the ice? Did the Predators know that the current humans would stumble upon the pyramid in time to birth some Aliens? Otherwise....there would have been no Humans as incubaters? They ( the predators) obviously know the pyramid is buried under ice because they shot a laser tunnel into it?

So basically the whole premise is - we hope these humans notice this pyramid firing up?

426Buddy

426Buddy

Do they fill in the tunnel in when they leave? No tunnel left over from the whaling village disappearance.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Highland on Apr 08, 2020, 01:15:37 PM
So basically the whole premise is - we hope these humans notice this pyramid firing up?
In the modern era that makes some kind of sense -- we have satellites, and Predators know a lot about us.

1904 is a harder sell, but obviously a bit of luck (There happened to be a whaling station on the island), but what about 1804? 1704? 1604? Etc.

Did they just not use the pyramid during those times? Were there other pyramids still operating? Were there pyramids on other planets they used instead when they realised humans weren't near the pyramids?

Also, why did the Predators leave the ancient mummified corpses, but apparently neatly cleared out all of the whalers -- not to mention everyone else between Whatever BCE and 2004?

Highland

Highland

Quote from: SiL on Apr 08, 2020, 01:26:35 PM
In the modern era that makes some kind of sense -- we have satellites, and Predators know a lot about us.

1904 is a harder sell, but obviously a bit of luck (There happened to be a whaling station on the island), but what about 1804? 1704? 1604? Etc.

Did they just not use the pyramid during those times? Were there other pyramids still operating? Were there pyramids on other planets they used instead when they realised humans weren't near the pyramids?

Also, why did the Predators leave the ancient mummified corpses, but apparently neatly cleared out all of the whalers -- not to mention everyone else between Whatever BCE and 2004?

Only other explanation I guess is that they'd gather up some randoms since the humans aren't really their main concern.

SM

SM

Quote from: SiL on Apr 08, 2020, 01:26:35 PM

There was never any settlement on Bouvet, so in it's fictional history it could've also been settled in 1804.  1704 and 1604 could be tougher sells, but they could've done stuff elsewhere like you said (Cambodia, Central America, etc).  I think the piles of bones in that room off the sacrificial chamber may account for previous victims perhaps?

SiL

SiL

Quote from: SM on Apr 08, 2020, 10:30:50 PM
I think the piles of bones in that room off the sacrificial chamber may account for previous victims perhaps?
Good point, but still, why leave the sacrificial victims on the slabs?

SM

SM

Pride of place?  Maybe they normally would clear them away before the next hunt rather than after the last hunt?  Janitors day off?

Don't make me rationalise AvP, man!

SiL

SiL

Why was there a penguin native to warmer climates in Africa in Antarctica? I NEED ANSWERS

SM

SM

It's a robot.

Happy now?  ARE YOU??

SiL

SiL

Makes about as much sense as the rest of the movie, I'll take it!

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: 426Buddy on Apr 08, 2020, 01:19:21 PM
Do they fill in the tunnel in when they leave? No tunnel left over from the whaling village disappearance.

The previous tunnel may have been dug from a different direction, and a distance away. The team just arrived at the one spot they knew of. Plus, if nothing else, there was 100 years of snow and shifting ice.

Quote from: SM on Apr 08, 2020, 10:51:54 PM
Pride of place?  Maybe they normally would clear them away before the next hunt rather than after the last hunt?  Janitors day off?

Don't make me rationalise AvP, man!

The temple was buried in an ice age or something. No humans for sacrificing, until the whalers came along. So the mummies of the aztecs were still in place since it was abandoned until hosts returned. Once we had better technology, they baited the hook.

Having the dials set for 1904 is a narrative thing I guess they didn't think through. I don't see those whalers having enough scientific incentive to go down a hole that dark and deep. Unless they were forced. Had the dials been set for a few thousand years ago, and the opening with the whalers just been a straight up surface hunt without the alien, it would've made more sense.

Quote from: SiL on Apr 08, 2020, 11:46:06 PM
Why was there a penguin native to warmer climates in Africa in Antarctica? I NEED ANSWERS

Because he knew Paul and needed the work.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed