Lanard Toys Producing 4-Inch Scale Aliens & Predator Figures- Toyark

Started by 426Buddy, Nov 22, 2019, 01:57:15 AM

Author
Lanard Toys Producing 4-Inch Scale Aliens & Predator Figures- Toyark (Read 52,726 times)

bobcunk

Are these available in Canadian Walmarts or do we screwed yet again. We always seem to be behind or don't get stocked at all, luckily we got some jurassic world stuff that is more rare in the States. I know it's worse in the uk and Australia but Canada is so close, I actually feel more American since I never watch Canadian tv or follow our politics, I practilcy know everytime Trump takes a shit but could tell you one thing that Trudeau is up to.

Gilfryd

These are tempting in a goofy, economical kind of way. Always meant to have a few little Aliens and there's a good bit of variety with a Big Chap, Warrior and Runner, although I might just go with the Queen and call it a day if it impresses me in person.

I could place her next to the JAKKS Pacific Godzilla 2019 I just got -
Spoiler
[close]

The Old One

The Old One

Ah, the trifecta. 

426Buddy

local walmart had lots of these, not selling well I think. Took some pics as i passed through, i think the queen is great in person!

Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Machiko Naguchi

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 14, 2020, 08:57:12 PM
Quote from: Machiko Naguchi on Jan 14, 2020, 02:37:05 PM
Hmm I guess I don't get these.
That's because you aren't the target demographic for these toys.

Well then what is supposed to be the demographic? An initial look would say younger kids, but most of the people on the forum here that are talking about buying them are probably adults. Again, I am all for more products and especially ones to bring in newer audiences.

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Jan 14, 2020, 03:18:22 PM
People love the Kenner line itself, it's just it's version of the DNA reflex that's deplorable and that coming into serious stories involving the creature is annoying. No danger of that with this line, so far. It's just really cute.

I agree some of the DNA reflex idea they used is silly for ones like the scorpion, mantis, crab etc. that couldn't actually be facehugged, but all the others that could be facehugged I have no problem with it.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Machiko Naguchi on Jan 21, 2020, 08:06:04 PM

Well then what is supposed to be the demographic? An initial look would say younger kids, but most of the people on the forum here that are talking about buying them are probably adults. Again, I am all for more products and especially ones to bring in newer audiences.

People love the Kenner line itself, it's just it's version of the DNA reflex that's deplorable and that coming into serious stories involving the creature is annoying. No danger of that with this line, so far. It's just really cute.

I agree some of the DNA reflex idea they used is silly for ones like the scorpion, mantis, crab etc. that couldn't actually be facehugged, but all the others that could be facehugged I have no problem with it.
Literal kids are the intended audience, just like the Kenner toys were in the 90. The old Kenner toys are the things that got me interested in the franchise back when I was 9; I saw the toys, thought they looked cool as heck, and then learned there were movies and stuff and it was all downhill from there. :P

I'm interested in these new toys because I am a literal child trapped in an adult's body by way of arrested development that I should probably see a therapist about so I can join adult society instead of blowing my spare money on children's toys, but I might as well enjoy the ride while it lasts.

Also I got the Queen Alien and holy goddamn is it huge. It's radically out of proportion with anything in the line, it just dwarfs the power loader. Like it's a foot tall and the head seems only a little smaller than the NECA Queen.

Also the new Alien RPG clarifies that the scorpions that the Scorpion Alien comes from are giant scorpions (and therefore can be facehugged).

The Old One

The Old One

It also clarifies that any Alien produced from an animal is roughly identical to the Sentry, as it is with human born Soldiers, minute variation.

BlazinBlueReview

Found these at my Walmart this morning. Almost picked up one for my son. It was the motorcycle with what looked like the red runner from Alien 3. It was a huge surprise.

They also had the eggs that had the like Lego Build an Alien in them. Pretty curious about that one as well.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I picked up one of the lego slime eggs.  Interesting but kinda lame.

Aliens come in pieces inside a pouch of slime. you put it together and put them in the slime in the egg. Two tiny huggers.

Xenomrph

There are three different pairs of Aliens in the slime eggs, you can identify which pair you're going to get by the serial number embossed on the bottom of the egg. I know the one ending in 77 is the Green/Glow in the Dark pair; the other two pairs are Orange/Grey (76), and Greenish-Grey/Red (78).

I ended up merging all three slime pools into one big mega-pool, I'm planning to use it to slime up some of the Lanard stuff I got, and use it in the old Kenner Queen hive Playset.

Machiko Naguchi

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 22, 2020, 03:07:12 AM
Quote from: Machiko Naguchi on Jan 21, 2020, 08:06:04 PM

Literal kids are the intended audience, just like the Kenner toys were in the 90. The old Kenner toys are the things that got me interested in the franchise back when I was 9; I saw the toys, thought they looked cool as heck, and then learned there were movies and stuff and it was all downhill from there. :P

I'm interested in these new toys because I am a literal child trapped in an adult's body by way of arrested development that I should probably see a therapist about so I can join adult society instead of blowing my spare money on children's toys, but I might as well enjoy the ride while it lasts.

Also I got the Queen Alien and holy goddamn is it huge. It's radically out of proportion with anything in the line, it just dwarfs the power loader. Like it's a foot tall and the head seems only a little smaller than the NECA Queen.

Also the new Alien RPG clarifies that the scorpions that the Scorpion Alien comes from are giant scorpions (and therefore can be facehugged).

Haha, I can't argue with that. I'm all for it!

As a side note, I tried to check them out the other day but my Wal Mart did not carry them  >:(

Nukiemorph

The Lanard figs and Construx eggs are selling well at both Walmarts in my town. Makes me happy.

Xenomrph

I'm hoping we get a continuation of the Lanard stuff somehow (scaled-down Dropship that can seat 1 person, hollow on the inside but with an opening ramp like how the APC's top opens, fold-out wings) but I hope they listen to feedback on the human figures and up their game with those.

JokersWarPig

These showed up at my Walmart so I grabbed them for my brother (except the Queen, no sight of her).

The Old One

The Old One

It probably got picked up first.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed