How did Ripley survive drowning in Alien 3?

Started by Jermzzzy, Apr 18, 2012, 09:51:01 AM

Author
How did Ripley survive drowning in Alien 3? (Read 10,347 times)

Mr. Clemens

It'll be interesting to see how Colonial Marines smooths these details over. They've said the game will explain the oddities at the beginning of A3, and Fox has said the story will be canon (for those who care about such things)...

Local Trouble

I can't wait to see what thoroughly researched explanation they come up with...

SM

Preapre for a potentially endless wait.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: RaisingCane on Sep 24, 2012, 05:07:14 PM
I can't wait to see what thoroughly researched explanation they come up with...
Wait until it loads:

Local Trouble

It's still loading.  I'll keep waiting.

stephen

Quote from: RaisingCane on Sep 24, 2012, 02:21:25 AM
I don't know if Fincher put the egg there or not, but I do know that simply cutting the egg out entirely would have solved a lot of problems.  It's far easier to explain a stowaway facehugger than it is to explain a whole egg.

Very true.  I've always said that the problem with the egg is the location.

If we never see the egg then it's much easier to accept.

Local Trouble

Or one could even theorize that a facehugger simply hitched a ride on the queen's back.  That I can buy.

stephen

Quote from: RaisingCane on Sep 25, 2012, 02:21:49 AM
Or one could even theorize that a facehugger simply hitched a ride on the queen's back.  That I can buy.

I can buy that.  It's even a part of my "egg on the sulaco" theory.

Gilfryd

Quote from: RaisingCane on Sep 24, 2012, 02:21:25 AMIt's far easier to explain a stowaway facehugger than it is to explain a whole egg.

True.

But back to the egg.  :D They even got the design wrong. It's got too many petals..

I know it was supposed to house a super facehugger or whatever but when they did reshoots it's like they just didn't care...

Alien 3 was basically doomed the moment Fox decided to make a release date and not a movie.  :(

SM

QuoteThey even got the design wrong. It's got too many petals..

Since when is four too many?

Local Trouble

I forgot how ridiculous that super facehugger looked.  It's like Rob Liefeld designed it, but added webbing and spikes instead of pouches just to make it look more "extreme."

SM

"Pouches"?

Local Trouble

SM

Ah.

:D

Gilfryd

Quote from: SM on Sep 25, 2012, 08:31:08 PMSince when is four too many?

It's got five. Right?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed