[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread

Started by The Shuriken, Jun 05, 2022, 02:47:11 AM

Are you for the new Predator face or against?

I do like the new face design
30 (20%)
I do not like the new face design
73 (48.7%)
It is ok and I am willing to accept the new face design
47 (31.3%)

Total Members Voted: 149

Author
[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread (Read 133,978 times)

BlueMarsalis79

I reckon it is ADI's honestly.

And here's another example of ADI practical application compared to the CGI, I think you would have to be intellectually dishonest to not say that the CGI iteration's both better and clearly reflects the Director's intent in comparison to what ADI delivered. 

SiL

SiL

Considering that ADI has no problem making pointed claws, no, I can't blame them for that one. They very deliberately sculpted stubbier claws and then the CG model has them sharp. Something went horribly wrong in communicating between departments and since the CGI is later, it feels like ADI got shafted.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Or... like their prior Predator faces, what they delivered was not quite right in final realisation, for the fourth time- so Dan Trachtenberg opted to replace what he could when he could. 

I believe this to be true considering the practical fingers do not look stubby or sharp, they just look awful, like Halloween shop gloves. 

SiL

SiL

Nah, the claws are stubby in the sculpt and the sculpt is what gets approved. If Dan wanted them start there he should've asked for them sharp there.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Yes... it's the director's fault, four times in a row, not ADI, the one consistent element always in each project. Sometimes the sculpt looks far better than the final product. Fugitive comes to mind.

I mean... just look at Harbinger Down for ADI unrestrained.

SiL

SiL

Considering their Predators' hands haven't been an issue before this movie, yes, it does make sense that issue is not their fault.

Look at the sculpt of Feral's hands. It's exactly what's in the movie. The photos are freely available for you to look at.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I think if not for the nails they would look just nearly as fake in AVP.

Their sculpt for the heads are what never quite makes it to the final practical product.

SiL

SiL

https://www.instagram.com/p/ChjIEoYOBrE/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Last slide, stubby nails, weird sausage fingers, clay sculpt.

Scar's hands were fine, Wolf's were better, Fugitive's also.

And it's not like sculpted rubber gloves on a person ever look particular great so why this is the hill you're dying on I don't know. The original Predators' don't look fantastic in motion if you dwell on them too long.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I never said the clay sculpt for the hands were different from the final product though, just the heads and nearly always, I only said the hands look not great which I believe to be true.

Dan Trachtenberg opted to go for that sculpt, but for all we know that's ADI's fifth go round on the gloves and he just decided to move on than have them do them again, we just do not really know.

We do not even know how far back he planned to alter everything with CGI additions or replacements, could be  just like Alien Covenant where everything or most everything got designed as a CGI stand in from the get go.

426Buddy

I didn't have an issue with any of ADIs work here. The CG hands just looked better than the gloves. I don't mind the glove work here though. I mean everytime I watch P2 I see the suit folding at the back of the knee, when he's carrying Willy's head. Sometimes there are some limitations to practical.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: 426Buddy on Sep 01, 2022, 10:57:19 PMI mean everytime I watch P2 I see the suit folding at the back of the knee

Lmao me too every f**king time  :laugh:

Kradan

Same here

BlueMarsalis79

It's difficult to miss.

PAS Spinelli

I'm too busy starting at City Hunter's thong to notice that

Master Chief

I'm sure someone can get a clear image of Feral's left hand when he's using his MediKit.  Banana hands.  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed