[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread

Started by The Shuriken, Jun 05, 2022, 02:47:11 AM

Are you for the new Predator face or against?

I do like the new face design
30 (20%)
I do not like the new face design
73 (48.7%)
It is ok and I am willing to accept the new face design
47 (31.3%)

Total Members Voted: 149

Author
[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread (Read 134,718 times)

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 26, 2022, 11:37:57 PMI'd say it was closer to about a 7 to a 7.5 out of 10.  Like ACM.

Spoiler
[close]

ace3g

ace3g

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: ace3g on Aug 29, 2022, 09:34:28 PMhttps://www.instagram.com/p/Ch22RZzPyBg/

Nice to see some thinking in historical terms of the evolution of the weaponry.

ace3g

BlueMarsalis79

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Nightmare fuel! :o This one in particular reminds me of that creepy Goya painting 😂

frasermaxx

Quote from: ace3g on Aug 29, 2022, 11:36:56 PMhttps://www.instagram.com/p/Ch3FfjjPgNO/
I actually prefer this over what we got, looks a lot more menacing here. 

BigDaddyJohn

Me too.

BlueMarsalis79

It's almost like when it comes to the practical application, ADI's never put the concept in practice as good as the drawings. When it comes to the Predator in particular.

ace3g

frasermaxx

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Aug 30, 2022, 06:52:50 PMIt's almost like when it comes to the practical application, ADI's never put the concept in practice as good as the drawings. When it comes to the Predator in particular.
Yeah it was a bit too clean/smooth and lacked the fine details, grit and wet look that is present in the concept art. Had they pulled this design off like the art on screen I say we would've got the second best face design after the original Stan Winston one. It doesn't matter here that the mandibles don't close in an 'X' fashion but the concept art is very cool and intense looking like the original predator. Its all in the eyes, look at the eyes in the artwork, brilliant. The CGI ruined it too.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Aug 30, 2022, 06:52:50 PMIt's almost like when it comes to the practical application, ADI's never put the concept in practice as good as the drawings. When it comes to the Predator in particular.
These concepts clearly aren't the final approved design, given they lack mandibles.

It's not up to ADI if the director says "Nah version 800 with dry skin and hella drool is where I wanna be."

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Looks pretty moist to me honestly, and ADI has spoken about Dan Trachtenberg wanting it even wetter than ever before and them being unable to accommodate, because the K-Y Jelly solution that they use just dried up constantly.

As for the mandibles in concept art sometimes they are present sometimes they are not for the sake of clarity. 

Four times now I have seen the final design for the face of a Predator by ADI in either concept art or maquette form looking good, but then the actual practical head, does not look good. At some point here "what the director wants" stops working as an excuse for the final practical iteration, especially in the case of Prey, where it got replaced by CGI probably wisely.

SiL

SiL

So is it ADI's fault the thing dried up or is it the material limitations of trying to create the design?

The original moist Predators are seen in pretty quick cuts, easy to respray each time.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed