[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread

Started by The Shuriken, Jun 05, 2022, 02:47:11 AM

Are you for the new Predator face or against?

I do like the new face design
30 (20.1%)
I do not like the new face design
73 (49%)
It is ok and I am willing to accept the new face design
46 (30.9%)

Total Members Voted: 148

Author
[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread (Read 129,808 times)

SiL

SiL

The sculpt is every bit as stubby and awkward looking as the final thing. It does not look "fine".

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Well Michael Vincent is on Twitter any pressing questions about Feral's fingers may find an answer there

Or perhaps I'll interview him someday. Hmmm

SiL

SiL

There was definitely some thinking behind making the claws short and stocky because it definitely wasn't an accident.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: SiL on Sep 05, 2022, 05:04:47 AMThere was definitely some thinking behind making the claws short and stocky because it definitely wasn't an accident.
They probably got that off geckos or - since the general gist is that this guy comes from a harsh climate - fat deposits on the fingers, sensorial fingers (more than the sense of touch) etc

SiL

SiL

And while the extra grip pads on the hands look interesting that's just extra latex on an area where you need it to be as thin as possible.

They also seem to disappear in CGI.

happypred

YT short showcasing practical feral

ace3g

BISHOP 93

Quote from: happypred on Sep 05, 2022, 10:08:09 AMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI3d2EZPpdo
YT short showcasing practical feral

Nice vid. Just wish they'd have stuck with the practical face reveal. Really think the CGI pulls you out of it more than the practical would have.

SiL

SiL

I get why they went with CGI enhancements, but they clearly didn't have the resources to make the CGI enhancements better than the practical so they actually make it worse.

Feral_PRED

The practical eyes looked way more menacing.

ace3g

As a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login.

ace3g

Corporal Hicks

Awwww, I'd have liked to have seen some of those styles. Was something I kinda missed about the Emissaries too. They played with that in the concept art, and it's something I loved with Top-Knot in the comics.

Sol

Sol

This is the first film where I enjoyed the Predator's redesign, and where it worked for me. It wasn't trying to reinvent the wheel, just to do it. It was a redesign with a lot of explanation on to what its supposed to be. And it's not intended to replace previous Predator designs, but be an addition to it. It's world-building at it's finest.

BlueMarsalis79

Maybe I am the crazy one, but I would describe the hand here as elegant if unorthodox looking.

https://www.instagram.com/p/ChjIEoYOBrE/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y%3D

And yet the one in the last slide here as not that.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Chz_jCcJdjI/

The ends of the fingers look inflated from the back of the hand angle, the thumb in particular, rather than looking textured from all other angles and slim from the back of the hand.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed