The Art of Prometheus: The Planet

Started by ikarop, Apr 18, 2012, 02:56:26 PM

Author
The Art of Prometheus: The Planet (Read 25,813 times)

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Glaive on May 03, 2012, 08:55:30 PM
People will be saying Kubrick's '2001: A Space Odyssey' is shite, next...a film widely lauded as one of the greatest of the 20th Century...and has basically the same plot as 'Prometheus'; just with a happier outcome.*

*...I'm assuming.

Once again. You are wrong. 2001 did it in an entirely different way. See http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=43273.msg1351072#msg1351072.

Michael Harper

Quote from: Glaive on May 03, 2012, 08:55:30 PM
Quote from: ryanjayhawk on Apr 19, 2012, 07:05:55 PM
Why is the Ancient Astronaut pissing so many people off?  Why couldn't an advanced life form come to earth and either seed life or alter it?  Humans have made some huge jumps in just the past 200,000 years... these jumps seem to be unique to us.  All other life forms still living in a primal or natural manner, where we are exploring space, creating nuclear bombs, etc. 

If someone can scientifically prove that we weren't seeded or influenced by another life form not native to earth that would be one thing, but it's the can't prove or disprove situation and thats where the fiction comes in.

y u mad bro?

People will be saying Kubrick's '2001: A Space Odyssey' is shite, next...a film widely lauded as one of the greatest of the 20th Century...and has basically the same plot as 'Prometheus'; just with a happier outcome.*

*...I'm assuming.

I wouldn't say that 2001: A Space Odyssey had a happy outcome. Frank Poole dies. HAL turns evil. Dave goes through the biggest mind-f**k of all time. I'd say it was a pretty grim outcome to be honest.

But...saying that, the film does always brighten my day! HaHa :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed