Ridley Scott Wants to “Scare the Shit Out of People"

Started by Stolen, Jun 21, 2016, 08:14:21 PM

Author
Ridley Scott Wants to “Scare the Shit Out of People" (Read 35,807 times)

The Alien Predator

Must be just me then.  ;D

LordCassusSnow

Wow this whole thing is sounding exactly like Prometheus when it was in production. I wish i could take quotes from Scott from that time and compare them to what he's saying now because this is some scary Deja Vu shit right here lol. But if big movie corporations can reboot movies over and over i'd say, if Covenant fails like Prometheus failed, there should be a petition to reboot the Alien prequel. Surprised there wasn't a petition to kick Riddle's ass off the directors chair once it was announced we were getting another Prometheus. Riddles(probably): "No really, i'll do it better this time. I'll put Aliens in it. Lots and lots of aliens and lots of gore! The story might be shit but at least people will have gotten what they wanted right?" It's official people. Riddles is actually giving us his own versions of Avp and Avp-R.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Wow this whole thing is sounding exactly like Prometheus when it was in production. I wish i could take quotes from Scott from that time and compare them to what he's saying now because this is some scary Deja Vu shit right here lol. But if big movie corporations can reboot movies over and over i'd say, if Covenant fails like Prometheus failed, there should be a petition to reboot the Alien prequel. Surprised there wasn't a petition to kick Riddle's ass off the directors chair once it was announced we were getting another Prometheus. Riddles(probably): "No really, i'll do it better this time. I'll put Aliens in it. Lots and lots of aliens and lots of gore! The story might be shit but at least people will have gotten what they wanted right?" It's official people. Riddles is actually giving us his own versions of Avp and Avp-R.

Actually Prometheus didn't really fail, it was released to mixed reviews but it did pretty well at the box office.  It did well enough to green light a sequel so it isn't really fair to call it a failure.

I have mixed feelings on Prometheus myself, but I consider it to be a far better film than either AvP movie or even Resurrection.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 22, 2016, 09:30:25 AM
I'm interested to know they've got featurettes being shown off now.

I suspect it's probably similar to that San Diego Comic-Con Prometheus featurette that I posted in the social media thread a while back. That was also an exclusive but eventually leaked (or was officially released) online.

Can anyone remember how long it took to go public?

Here's the link again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIahZSwHCKU

LordCassusSnow

Far better movie? Aside from being a prettier movie, Prometheus is just about the same.

426Buddy

Quote from: LordCassusSnow on Jun 22, 2016, 04:58:11 PM
Far better movie? Aside from being a prettier movie, Prometheus is just about the same.

We'll just have to disagree then, still far from being a failure.

LordCassusSnow

Box office wise anyway.

426Buddy

LordCassusSnow

Did you even read Alien Engineers? Do you even know what this movie was supposed to be before Riddles went Lost on us? This movie is a cluster f**k of stupid characters and bad editing and pacing. But, from my experience on the web, only ignorant mainstream alien fans give this movie such high praise. Us hardcore Alien fans aren't so foolish. Fassbender was pretty good though. Also, im sure Prometheus got just as much awards as Avp did. Which is practically 0.

426Buddy

Quote from: LordCassusSnow on Jun 22, 2016, 06:32:48 PM
Did you even read Alien Engineers? Do you even know what this movie was supposed to be before Riddles went Lost on us? This movie is a cluster f**k of stupid characters and bad editing and pacing. But, from my experience on the web, only ignorant mainstream alien fans give this movie such high praise. Us hardcore Alien fans aren't so foolish. Fassbender was pretty good though. Also, im sure Prometheus got just as much awards as Avp did. Which is practically 0.

Like I already said... my feelings are mixed on the film, I didn't love it or hate it. But your assertion that mainstream fans are ignorant or are the only ones who praised the movie is just absurd.

Alien Engineers had some great stuff in it and also a lot of terrible stuff as well, would it have been a better film? we'll never know.

Corporal Hicks

The movie wasn't great but it wasn't a failure at all. As Buddy is trying to explain, it did well financially and critically (sitting comfortably around 6/7). It wasn't a massive success, by any standards, but it certainly wasn't a failure.

Thomas H.

I love how, as soon as people have a positive opinion about Prometheus, there will always be people shouting at us that we should accept it's a horrible movie.
There are people out there that liked/loved it. Deal with it. Stop trying to make us think the same thing you do. ;)

proto leech

Quote from: LordCassusSnow on Jun 22, 2016, 04:58:11 PM

Pfffft hell no. Prometheus has lots of problems, but its leaps and bounds better than the avp trash even at its worst

NickisSmart

Quote from: LordCassusSnow on Jun 22, 2016, 06:10:48 PM
Box office wise anyway.

It wasn't a flop. The critics were pretty divided. Not universally hated, however.

mace-in-the-face

This douche is arrogant about his work to the point that he is rivaling Steve Jobs.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed