ALIEN INFINITY - sci-fi animated short fan-film

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 24, 2015, 07:01:46 PM

Author
ALIEN INFINITY - sci-fi animated short fan-film (Read 1,351 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I've not watched this yet but Ross posted this over at the Weyland-Yutani Bulletin:

QuoteI made this between January 2015 and August 2015, on and off. Sometimes I'd go weeks without working on it, and sometimes
I'd go weeks when all I seemed to do was work on it.

I made it on my mid-range laptop using, mainly, Cinema 4d r15 and Adobe After Effects.

It should be stressed that my work on this film was NOT primarily as modeller. Most of the models used in this film were resourced
for free from around the internet. You'd be amazed and some of the brilliant stuff put out there by some very skilled individuals. Credit for the stuff I used goes to:

Lorenzo Mangogna
Reif Dietmar
Herminio Nieves
3dregenerator
Remco van der Meer
www.theforce.net/scifi3d
YouTube channel: rroobboo 999

If you're interested in 3D animation but have trouble getting hold of motion capture data, then I absolutely recommend going to: YouTube channel: rroobboo 999

Though this film is based heavily on 20th Century Fox's "Alien" film franchise, you may notice that a lot of elements and characters come from various video games. This is because I chose assets that I simply liked the look/feel of rather than assets that were true to the franchise.

In terms of the sound, I used freely available sound effects from all over the internet. I also used Video Copilot and Magix Music Maker to further the soundscape. But the works of James Horner, Joe Henson and Alexis Smith are where the music mainly comes from.

Making this film was a lot of fun and a lot of stress in almost equal measure, which I think is what everyone who makes short films (animated or live-action) experiences. And long may it continue, I guess.

Xenomorphine

Hah! That was impressive animation!

Think the story felt like a lot had been cut from it, though. Little confusing.

Darkness

Hey, just saw this on Aliens Collection and was about to post it here. Some nice parts but the characters' mouth movements and voice acting really let it down.

Corporal Hicks

Sequel to Infinity.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed