Alien Reborn

Started by Stingray, Jun 24, 2012, 07:52:30 PM

Author
Alien Reborn (Read 21,806 times)

Stingray

Stingray

EDIT: Workprint at page 10.

The movie is not finished yet, but I have managed to make three TEASER trailers with what I have so far.

--
In the depths of the Epsillon Reticuli star system, the crew of the commercial starship USCSS "Dreadnaught" awaken to find themselves on course for a mysteriously abandoned asteroid mining base. There they find the wreckage of a Colonial Marine starship, the USS "Sulaco". Upon investigating the crash site, they discover something absolutely horrifying. An alien parasite that stows away on their starship and hunts them down, one by one. Get ready to return to the place where no one can hear you scream!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKJpzP_xTFI#
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZBXFfPU64U#

--

This is not a remake of the first movie, it is actually a sequel that takes place just after the third film, but with a new crew of characters. However, I'm giving the space marine stuff a break and going back to civilians on a commercial ship, being hunted by a singular alien.

I have released some footage of one complete scene, but I can't show publicly. PM me if you want to see it.  ;)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Looks and sounds interesting. I'll give it a watch when you release it.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Looks good. Already in for the long haul, can't wait to see this. Already a fan of your artwork, so I'm definitely seeing this.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I'm definately interested in seeing this.  :)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

I'm regularly not interested in fan fiction/films, but this just looks so wonderfully 70's, and the design looks bang-on in line with the Alien aesthetic. I like all of the model stuff, too.

Keeping an eye on this one for sure.

Stingray

Stingray

Thank you all very much!

So far things are going slow, and I've yet to find the four volunteer actors needed for the parts. But... for now, I guess I'll keep up with set construction and special effects in the meantime.

BTW, I have some behind the scenes "updates" videos I posted on youtube, which I don't think are getting much attention. Do you mind if I post them here? They basically show how I constructed the models, sets, computer mainframes, effects, etc.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I'd be interested in seeing those. Post away :)

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jun 25, 2012, 09:00:43 AM
I'm regularly not interested in fan fiction/films, but this just looks so wonderfully 70's, and the design looks bang-on in line with the Alien aesthetic. I like all of the model stuff, too.

Keeping an eye on this one for sure.

Yea, I'm not really fond of fan fiction/films but this definately looks like an exception.

I like the attention to detail in those models.

SiL

SiL

Good golly I'm impressed.

Would it be possible to do a tutorial on how you put your models together? Even something basic to give an idea of the process?

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Finally got a chance to watch the BTS stuff, and it looks excellent! You're definitely putting a ton of hard work into this project, and it really shows.

I would also love to see a little tutorial, if possible. The models look amazing, and I'd love to see how they came together.

Keep up the great work, I can't wait for the finished product!

Stingray

Stingray

SiL and Nightmare Asylum, thanks. And sure, I'd be happy to do a quick tutorial. At six o'clock, when my battery charges up, I'll go out and film it for you guys.  ;)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Thank you very much! I really love your designs, and would love to see how you accomplished them. Maybe someday I'll try giving something similar a go myself :)

So have you done much filming yet, or was the stuff in the first post shot solely for the trailer?

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I just finished watching all of these vids. And It all looks amazing. Awe inspiring stuff right there.

I have a question about this tutorial you are planning on doing. Will it show how a concept goes from an idea, to the drawing board, then on to being made? Because I was wondering how exactly you do these models. When you draw them up, do you already have an idea in your head on how exactly you will go into constructing the thing afterwards, or do you just say "well this  part of the drawing looks like a bottle, so I'll go ahead and use a bottle for this section when I build it." ?

Stingray

Stingray

Nightmare Asylum, no problem. As a matter of fact, I already finished about two scenes already, with only my character Ferrin, as I still don't have other actors or an Alien suit yet. Plus various special effects shots... lost count regarding those.  :D

As I mentioned earlier, I did put together one of the 'somewhat' finished scenes for a demonstration, but you'll have to PM me to see it.

ShadowPred, thanks. Well, I was actually going to do both showing how I built the models from the concept art, then show an example of how they were built with additions of all the details. And, yes, it goes pretty much how you said at the bottom there. If something fits the shape of what I'm constructing, I'll use it and build over it. Taarna was done similarly, except that had a longer progess of accumulating pieces to form the basic shape, and whatnot. No worries, I'll try and do a more in-depth description in the vid to answer your question.  :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed