NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 843,141 times)

windebieste

windebieste

Ah, yes... and no.  I just don't have the space to stow everything I want.  I'm having trouble justifying the purchase of some of the 7 inch items I'm buying.  Then, I still want to get the big quarter scale NECA figures I'm missing (Translucent Prototype and Cameralien.)  So, I gotta draw the line somewhere. 

As much as I would love to get it, the Jockey just doesn't make the list, I'm afraid.

-Windebieste.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Picked these two guys up over the weekend. I like them both a lot, but Gorilla wins it for me. He's actually the more pose-able of the two, the legs on mantis look really cool but aren't very practical. I might remove the lower leg and have him stand normally, but I'm not sure yet.

I also picked up another creature pack and put the blue face hugger and green chest burster in the extra stasis pods. I might do this with all of the Kenner figures if they keep coming with these extra bits.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I ordered the three new Kenner figures from Toys R Us yesterday, I'm really looking forward to getting them in-hand. The Gorilla Alien was one of my favorite old-school Aliens toys, but the Mantis Alien was cool too, and I think the NECA Mantis is the one I'm looking forward the most just because of the insane retooling, new details, and paint/plastic scheme. I'm really looking forward to more Kenner-inspired Aliens (and Predators), I've bought pretty much all of them so far.

SuicideDoors

SuicideDoors

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Dec 23, 2016, 01:35:16 AM
Quote from: SuicideDoors on Dec 20, 2016, 08:44:14 AM
I'm not one to comment on merch really, but that skull is awful! Why is bone overlapping the teeth like they're lips?

The lower jaw is obvious being used as a stand. But they still messed up a bit in how it looks.

It looks rubbish. Full stop.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: windebieste on Dec 25, 2016, 03:55:34 AM
Ah, yes... and no.  I just don't have the space to stow everything I want.  I'm having trouble justifying the purchase of some of the 7 inch items I'm buying.  Then, I still want to get the big quarter scale NECA figures I'm missing (Translucent Prototype and Cameralien.)  So, I gotta draw the line somewhere. 

As much as I would love to get it, the Jockey just doesn't make the list, I'm afraid.

-Windebieste.
Shame. Would have loved to read your in-depth review of the thing!

windebieste

windebieste

Thank you.  I'll take that on board as a vote of confidence.  It's too bad NECA doesn't send stuff overseas for review, otherwise I'd hound them relentlessly for stuff.  lol.

All the same, I bought a bunch of older NECA 'ALIEN' figures recently at about half price so I will be reviewing those.  Those reviews will be posted on my site next year. 

-Windebieste.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Got my Mantis Alien today! It's a thing of beauty.

windebieste

windebieste

I just posted my first review for the New Year over on HIDEOUS PLASTIC.  It's an older figure from 2014, NECA's cool Ripley in her jump suit.

More coming soon!

-Windebieste.

Vark_

Vark_

Did anyone post the teaser of the next NECA 7" Ripley ?
Ressurection, that is ;). Neca says on Tweeter that it's gonna be the only human character out of this movie though.
Surely a xeno, the newborn, and perhaps a clone pack ?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Shame that they're not doing more humans from Resurrection, I'd totally buy a Call or Johner figure. Shit, maybe even Christie if he had the wrist-guns.

That Lacrima-99 looks pretty great, though; I always liked that weapon's design. I've still got my old 1997 Hasbro 'Alien Resurrection' Ripley that came with one as an accessory.

bobcunk

bobcunk

I want Vriess and his wheelchair and shotgun.

windebieste

windebieste

Quote from: Vark_ on Jan 01, 2017, 01:21:11 PM
Did anyone post the teaser of the next NECA 7" Ripley ?
Ressurection, that is ;). Neca says on Tweeter that it's gonna be the only human character out of this movie though.
Surely a xeno, the newborn, and perhaps a clone pack ?

Last year's News.   ;)

-Windebieste.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: bobcunk on Jan 01, 2017, 04:33:40 PM
I want Vriess and his wheelchair and shotgun.

I'd love to see that

windebieste

windebieste

It's an interesting idea. 

How would you set up the articulation on the figure?  I guess the arms, head, and upper torso would be set up to current NECA standards, but a seated figure poses its own challenges.  Has NECA ever made such a thing as a seated figure? I imagine everything below the waist might have to be fixed immovably into a seating position, maybe?  I don't know...  I'm thinking it would have to be this way because a proper seating position with knees together is a tight arrangement for articulated figures that otherwise stand naturally. 

Vriess does have to abandon the chair at one point, right?  That will add quite some challenge to the figure's preparation. 

The wheelchair would be an entirely separate item with the wheels fully rotating and the shotgun concealed as separate pieces throughout the chair. 

Sure, it would be an interesting challenge, though - if NECA chose to take it on.  It could be cool, yeah. 

-Windebieste.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 01, 2017, 01:56:52 PMThat Lacrima-99 looks pretty great, though; I always liked that weapon's design.

Ditto. I kinda liked that they just went mad with the guns in that film rather than just having a Pulse Rifle rip-off.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed