New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios

Started by Moosh89, Jan 17, 2018, 05:20:48 PM

Author
New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios (Read 154,357 times)

Kradan

Is it being developed by a Russian guy IIRC ? Maybe Disney's tentacles don't reach Mother Russia yet

Kimarhi

They probably hacked Disney's servers, have all kinds of dirt on the executives, and can now release at their leisure. 

khas

What are the chances, counting the prequel novel is released in late April and the game comes out a month later (in theory), that there is still no miserable trailer for the game?

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

I've been fighting the urge to post that joke.

We better not have a book on the shelves with "prequel to the exciting new Aliens game!" on the cover without a trailer for the casuals to Google. That wouldn't help the game at all.

Kailem

Yeah at this point the book will probably be pushed back again as I can't see the game coming out any time within the next few months if we haven't even had a single trailer or shred of marketing yet.

Voodoo Magic

When did we learn about the book and read the blurb? 2019, with a summer 2020 release? I would imagine Weston Ochse would have been paid by now. Maybe at this point it's a Titan thing and they can't push it out any further.

khas

No news in sight. I do not understand the secrecy that exists with this game and more with the negative precedent that was Aliens Colonial Marines, after the long development it had. The people of Cold Iron Studios should be aware that this does not benefit the hypothetical success of the game.

SiL

Arguably the issue is that there was so much hype and so many different concepts of the game that it made the disappointment that much more amplified. Probably best to keep a lid on it into they have something worth showing.

See also, Cyberpunk.

Drukathi

I agree with khas - this secrecy is becoming absurd. All we have received lately is a mention on the cover of another book. And I do not understand how the name announcement can cause negative hype and disappointment. We don't even know what the game is called. I doubt that logic and sanity would allow comparing this situation to Cyberpunk.

khas

The only thing I can think of is that the game is not up to par, and they dare not show us a single image and even less a trailer or gameplay.

Kradan

Quote from: Drukathi on Jan 18, 2021, 10:06:40 AM
And I do not understand how the name announcement can cause negative hype and disappointment

"cough"Blackout"cough"

SiL

Yeah, there are plenty of good reasons to not start running the hype train until they're ready. We also don't know how COVID affected their development schedule.

Corporal Hicks

Or their owners changing hands several times throughout development.

khas

Do you think Cold Iron workers read our messages in the forum? It would be interesting if someone leaked the title or some image of the game ...

Kradan

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed