Outland = same universe as Alien?

Started by bishoop, Mar 17, 2013, 12:41:54 PM

Author
Outland = same universe as Alien? (Read 23,900 times)

SM

SM

:laugh:

Local Trouble

Quote from: szkoki on May 02, 2013, 11:24:05 AM
just seen it, has very alienish parts but not as good as u say guys, it deserves a 6 and dunno why sean is in it  ???

I admit it's not a great movie, but captured the feel of the Alienverse perfectly.  Maybe even better than Aliens did.

Bold statement?

Origin

Origin

Heh, thanks for reminding about this movie (and the subsequent Blu-Ray re-release). So glad they finally fixed the AWFUL transfer that we've been stuck with forever.

419movienight

Here is how I see the continuity.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Battlestar Galactica
--------------------
Predator
Predator 2
Aliens VS. Predator
AVP: Requiuem
Predators
--------------------
Prometheus
Alien Covenant
Alien
Outland
Aliens
Alien 3
Alien Resurrection
--------------------
Firefly

TC

TC

I'm writing a fan-fic thing:

Marshall William T. O'Niel arrives on space station Thedus in pursuit of Dr. Ian Cuthbert, a fugitive medical researcher responsible for the deaths of several people resulting from illegal drug experiments.

At the same time, the USCSS Nostromo, a space freighter owned by Weyland-Yutani Corp, is about to leave port when its science officer, a crewman called Standish, goes AWOL, delaying the ship's departure.

Marshall O'Niel is tracking Cuthbert when he stumbles across Standish, injured and in a highly distressed state. Standish reveals that he was abducted by Cuthbert but managed to escape. They think they have a trace on Cuthbert but learn that Weyland-Yutani assigned him to the Nostromo under a false identity - "science officer Ash". They are too late to stop the departure of the Nostromo, which has now entered hyperspace and is incommunicado.

Together, O'Niel and Standish proceed to investigate the suspicious circumstances under which WY whisked Cuthbert/Ash away, uncovering a deep conspiracy concerning WY, Con Amalgamate and Seegson Corp.

TC

***EDIT: Oh, I guess I should explain, this is set in a reboot universe. So Ash is not a robot. (At least, I don't think he is  ;D )

NetworkATTH

I watch it and just plug my ears whenever they say Europa and imagine its some farther solar system with a gas giant to make it fit.  :P

Local Trouble

Io.

NetworkATTH

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Yeah if you think Africa and Canada are "pretty much the same thing." :laugh:

NetworkATTH

Quote from: OpenMaw on Apr 23, 2018, 03:33:13 AM
Yeah if you think Africa and Canada are "pretty much the same thing." :laugh:
Africa is very hot. Io is very cold. Europa is very cold. Titan is very cold. I made a goof, do not roast me

Local Trouble

Io = Mustafar
Europa = Hoth

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: NetworkATTH on Apr 23, 2018, 06:24:40 AM
Africa is very hot. Io is very cold. Europa is very cold. Titan is very cold. I made a goof, do not roast me

What if I broil you?

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 23, 2018, 07:34:52 PM
Io = Mustafar
Europa = Hoth

It's time to ask that age old question. What does God need with a starship?

Local Trouble

You're asking for a lightning bolt to the chest.

NetworkATTH

Quote from: OpenMaw on Apr 23, 2018, 10:23:37 PM
Quote from: NetworkATTH on Apr 23, 2018, 06:24:40 AM

What if I broil you?

All of our collective futures are broiling and filled with steam anyways, might as well get it over with.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed