Predator: Hunting Grounds Trial Weekend Starts March 27

Started by molasar, Feb 26, 2020, 03:03:46 PM

Author
Predator: Hunting Grounds Trial Weekend Starts March 27 (Read 26,058 times)

Corporal Hicks

I think they had something like that in the comics or the CCG. A Scattergun?

The Shuriken

Quote from: Kailem on Feb 27, 2020, 07:23:45 PM
Yeah I would have preferred the spear gun over the bow to be honest (which just seems a bit too "human" and cumbersome to me), but since it looks like that'll be a weapon that shoots similar projectiles and can also pin enemies to walls they might have considered including both redundant.

Would love to be proven wrong though! The spear gun was one of the most fun weapons in the old AVP's.

The Predators have more than a few weapons that could be considered "too human". The spears, glaive, whip, smart disk too. Their smart disc is basically a returning chakram.

SuperiorIronman

The rifle Broken Tusk had I assumed was a shotgun. I wonder if that could get an appearance here.

Gr33n M4n

I'd imagine a scattergun would be more useful against a pack of Xenos. Broken Tusk used what was more like a hand held plasma caster with a shotgun-like mechanism.

Kailem

Quote from: The Shuriken on Mar 10, 2020, 09:27:12 PM
Yeah I would have preferred the spear gun over the bow to be honest (which just seems a bit too "human" and cumbersome to me), but since it looks like that'll be a weapon that shoots similar projectiles and can also pin enemies to walls they might have considered including both redundant.

Would love to be proven wrong though! The spear gun was one of the most fun weapons in the old AVP's.

The Predators have more than a few weapons that could be considered "too human". The spears, glaive, whip, smart disk too. Their smart disc is basically a returning chakram.

Most of the time they have some sort of twist though that makes them feel not feel identical to human weapons, especially the smart disc. For me the bow just looks too much like "a bow."

Gr33n M4n

Dutch used a handmade bow and It just seems like something only Humans would use. Seeing a Predator with a bow is just strange. Especially with no lore explanation.

SuperiorIronman

In the case of the bow I think it's fine because it does retain the theme and bows already are kind of messed up hunting instruments. A cursory glance into it has the bow cause heart and lung damage which makes sense for the character as it wouldn't want to damage the head.

I guess maybe the weapon is a bit to normalized and explored but I wouldn't call it out of character for one to possess.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Gr33n M4n on Mar 11, 2020, 03:01:38 AM
Dutch used a handmade bow and It just seems like something only Humans would use. Seeing a Predator with a bow is just strange. Especially with no lore explanation.

I think a bow is a pretty basic and fundamental hunting weapon. As much so as simply a spear. It's been something I've wanted to see done in a Predator aesthetic for so long and I think it works.

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Mar 10, 2020, 11:43:47 PM
The rifle Broken Tusk had I assumed was a shotgun. I wonder if that could get an appearance here.

As Gr33n says, I believe the burners are more like handheld shoulder cannons than a shotgun.

426Buddy

Quote from: Gr33n M4n on Mar 11, 2020, 03:01:38 AM

So a spear and knives are okay but a bow doesnt fit? :laugh:

Gr33n M4n

The knifes and spears the Predator use are unique though, both in appearance and functionality. It's my opinion that the speargun, having already been in the games and in film would've been the better choice.

razeak

razeak

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 07, 2020, 07:13:07 PM

Honestly, I quite like the bow. You're completely right in how they're both functionally the same, so it's one or the other. But I've been wanting to see a Predator bow for some time and I've gotta say I like the addition.

If the predators never figured out a bow, I would be pretty disappointed. A bow perfectly fits their bipedal form.

Assuming there are bipedal creatures capable of creating tools on other worlds in our reality, it's extremely likely they'll figure out or have figured out a bow. One could be bow hunting dinner right now.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: molasar on Mar 24, 2020, 03:45:40 PM
https://www.gematsu.com/2020/03/predator-hunting-grounds-trial-weekend-detailed-predator-and-hunter-trailers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfF9DW0roF8

Nice!!!

I love hearing the variation of the main Predator theme, and I think that was the first time I saw the application of the mud mechanic. I'm looking forward to getting my hands dirty on this one!  *pun intended*

Corporal Hicks

Definitely our first actual look at the mud mechanic. I mentioned we hadn't seen it when we chatted to Illfonic for the podcast, glad to see they've put it out in something!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed