The Predator | Final Trailer [HD] | 20th Century FOX

Started by Tetsujin, Aug 31, 2018, 01:03:07 PM

Author
The Predator | Final Trailer [HD] | 20th Century FOX (Read 41,889 times)

pmaz11

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 05, 2018, 07:55:21 AM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 04, 2018, 03:16:25 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 04, 2018, 01:55:45 PM
Quote from: azamultic on Sep 04, 2018, 01:42:58 PM
Quote from: David 8 on Sep 04, 2018, 01:38:04 PM
Quote from: azamultic on Sep 04, 2018, 12:23:31 PM
Quote from: David 8 on Sep 04, 2018, 10:55:15 AM
Quote from: azamultic on Sep 03, 2018, 09:35:22 PM

Yep agree)  Ohhh man I was cool with "Predators" at first, but more i think about it more I get irritated that they downplayed predators so much)
And to think that Rodrigez dissed Predator 2 and and ended up making predators "Feel" so weak  ;D at least Stephen Hopkins did make CIty Hinter cool and dangerous as f...k  ;)

He did?

It's still a better movie than anything he's made.

Sorry, I didn't get, did you talk about Stephen Hopkins that "he did? it's still a better movie than anything he's made" or you asking about Rodrigez dissing Predator2?  :)

I was talking about Rodriguez dissing Predator 2.

Yeh, he said in interview that he isn't fan of Predator 2 and making a sequel for "Predator 1" he ignored all what happened in Predator 2 and said that it's never happened for his vision of Predator universe.   :(

It made no difference to the film.

But, IMO it helps understand in what state of mind he conducted this project...  And i think it wasn't the greatest one to say the least.

I don't think so. I know there's issues with the film but I still thoroughly enjoy Predators (in fact, it's one of the few I actually get a bit upset about when people slag it off) and I wouldn't say his dislike of Predator 2 showed at all to me.

I definitely agree with you Hicks on those points. Predators of course wasn't perfect or anything, but I still really enjoyed it and it gave some new elements while still playing the story line a little safe I guess. I also liked the cast for the most part, (which is not how I really felt at first about the new The Predator movie, but I'm definitely way more hyped about all of the actors & the overall look of the film so far ;D)

& if Rodriguez had any dislike of Predator 2? I think he maybe just wanted his film totally separate and to not directly tie any parts to it if he wasn't the biggest fan. Instead he went with a story that subtly just referenced the first Predator story, but not the sequel in anyway. Which is ok with me, because it didn't have to connect too much to that film's story I guess for me at least. Still, Predators worked I thought and had some decent quality and effects to it too. It's missing a few extra things I would add/change, but overall it was a step up after the AVP films for sure.

georgeromero

Rodriguez is nuts. I remember him saying his dislike about Murtaugh and Riggs from Lethat Weapon as well. It's his opinion which I think is irrelevant.

ELDERCLANLEADER

Predators was an absolute mess.. Royce: "we have height advantage, we are in a good spot, we need over lapping fields of fire" ... next minute they all walk off in the complete opposite direction. I mean it was just dumb. Nolan was wasted.  Secondly I'd of had more respect for the film if classic beat mr black. Classic was strung up all through the film only to be butchered at the last minute. It was just awful. It should of ended with Royce being used as bate by classic, classic killing mr black, and then a final showdown with Royce.

Predators was an absolute mess.. Royce: "we have height advantage, we are in a good spot, we need over lapping fields of fire" ... next minute they all walk off in the complete opposite direction. I mean it was just dumb. Nolan was wasted.  Secondly I'd of had more respect for the film if classic beat mr black. Classic was strung up all through the film only to be butchered at the last minute. It was just awful. It should of ended with Royce being used as bate by classic, classic killing mr black, and then a final showdown with Royce.

Lionhart

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Sep 05, 2018, 10:16:17 AM

I keep pretending that movie was never made, same with the avp movies.

blood.

LOL there's no way in hell that would make sense as a storytelling mechanism regardless of the 'predator' setting. They went to all that trouble to establish that these new predators were bigger and "better", there's no way they\d contradict that by having an OG predator undo all their work previously in the film. Literally the only purpose classic has was to make the new predators look good.

Oh man Predators is TERRIBLE !

azamultic

I personally would be okay with classic predator dying and loosing to Berserks, if the whole direction(in terms of directing) of the movie was few levels higher.

Danversity

Rodriguez doesn't like Predator 2, big deal. Neither do 2.479 other people. Predator 2 is not a popularly well-regarded film. Arnold doesn't like it either. We don't know if Shane likes it - he's addressing it directly in his movie, but that doesn't mean he likes it.

Predators was a fine movie imo, had its issues, sure, but a solid little film. Way better than anything the Alien franchise got after Aliens. And Rodriguez's dislike for Predator 2 was completely irrelevant for that movie. There's no such thing as "ah because he went with that mentality the movie sucked"; no. Most people just don't like Predator 2, and that's it.

BigDaddyJohn

I wouldn't say it's because Rodriguez entered the franchise with this mentality that Predators was meh. It just helps understand his arrogance when you clearly see that this film is less fun and memorable overall than predator 2 for a lot of people too.

Predators benefited a lot from the AVP/AVPR effect, which is that anything that came out after would've been regarded as fairly good compared to those turds  :laugh:.

Predator 2 got the opposite effect. It's widely criticized because gna gna no Arnie gna gna no big muscles  :laugh:. Of course it's an inferior movie than the first one, but it's still enjoyable for good reasons too.

Danversity

Danversity

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 05, 2018, 04:52:12 PM
I wouldn't say it's because Rodriguez entered the franchise with this mentality that Predators was meh. It just helps understand his arrogance when you clearly see that this film is less fun and memorable overall than predator 2 for a lot of people too.

That is completely subjective, tho. Predators was generally better received than Predator 2. Critics and most audiences that do like Predators often say is closer to being the sequel the original deserved than Predator 2 ever was. Even if it doesn't look like it from this niche standpoint, that's the majority of people who accept Predators more than they do Predator 2. I don't completely disagree with them, for me Predator 2 and Predators are pretty much in the same level overall, but sometimes my balance tilts a little more in favor of Predators.

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 05, 2018, 04:52:12 PM
Predator 2 got the opposite effect. It's widely criticized because gna gna no Arnie gna gna no big muscles  :laugh:. Of course it's an inferior movie than the first one, but it's still enjoyable for good reasons too.

I often think about why Predator 2 got dissed the way it did, ever since I first saw it. Never made sense to me. It's a solid film. Of course there will be those who criticize it for the lack of big guns compared to the first one, but I don't think that justifies the widespread bad reception that Predator 2 had. Then I was rewatching it the other day and I think I figured it out, or at least one reason... See, like Shane said in interviews, we all know what the Predator looks like. At this day and age, everybody knows what the Predator looks like so it's very easy to let this slide - especially me, for I saw Predator 2 before I saw the original -, but Predator 2 treats it as if it was the first film. There's this big mystery as to "what is killing those people?", "what does it look like?", "where does it come from?", "why can't we see it?" when people already knew all of those things back then. It keeps hiding the Predator as if we had never seen it before, and the movie never engages in new territory up until the 3rd act, where it finally acknowledges all the things that we already know and moves on to the next step. I think that, for people who saw that movie when it first came out, must've been kinda disappointing. I don't think we should hold that against the movie today, it's an outdated issue - everybody knows what the Predator looks like today and they're gonna go into the first movie knowing that already, so when they get to 2 they won't have that in mind and it won't matter -, but it's just something I was thinking.

BigDaddyJohn

I kinda agree, but what you said about predator 2 trying to keep the predator mysterious despite most people knowing who he is, applies totally and even more powerfully to Predators...

Danversity

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 05, 2018, 05:25:26 PM
I kinda agree, but what you said about predator 2 trying to keep the predator mysterious despite most people knowing who he is, applies totally and even more powerfully to Predators...

I think it's a little different with Predators, because it very quickly reveals the Crucified Predator. So then the question becomes if that thing is there, what are the ones hunting them? But right after the Berserkers attack during that scene, they are immediately fully revealed. Up until then the film does a fine job in portraying how differently these new Predators hunt, with the dogs and the Falcon and everything, but from then on it kinda falls short on keeping that up.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Danversity on Sep 05, 2018, 05:52:38 PM

I think it's a little different with Predators, because it very quickly reveals the Crucified Predator. So then the question becomes if that thing is there, what are the ones hunting them? But right after the Berserkers attack during that scene, they are immediately fully revealed. Up until then the film does a fine job in portraying how differently these new Predators hunt, with the dogs and the Falcon and everything, but from then on it kinda falls short on keeping that up.

Yes some ideas could've been interesting, but are underused/useless (the falcon thing, the fact that they are on an alien planet that feels exactly like earth...)

Danversity

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 05, 2018, 06:14:47 PM
Quote from: Danversity on Sep 05, 2018, 05:52:38 PM

Yes some ideas could've been interesting, but are underused/useless (the falcon thing, the fact that they are on an alien planet that feels exactly like earth...)

Yeah, I guess Predators was an idea for a $100mi budget that was forced to be compressed under $40mi, and that's probably the film's biggest issue.

azamultic

azamultic

Quote from: Danversity on Sep 05, 2018, 04:30:37 PM
Rodriguez doesn't like Predator 2, big deal. Neither do 2.479 other people. Predator 2 is not a popularly well-regarded film. Arnold doesn't like it either. We don't know if Shane likes it - he's addressing it directly in his movie, but that doesn't mean he likes it.

Predators was a fine movie imo, had its issues, sure, but a solid little film. Way better than anything the Alien franchise got after Aliens. And Rodriguez's dislike for Predator 2 was completely irrelevant for that movie. There's no such thing as "ah because he went with that mentality the movie sucked"; no. Most people just don't like Predator 2, and that's it.

Oh no, he isn't adressing it in the movie and it doesn't have affect on it other then he acknowledges the things from first movie and ignores the second. It wasn't what I am saying, BigDaddyJohn sayed it better "I wouldn't say it's because Rodriguez entered the franchise with this mentality that Predators was meh. It just helps understand his arrogance when you clearly see that this film is less fun and memorable overall than predator 2 for a lot of people too. "

Predators are okay with me, it just was less fun then Predator 2, they had 3 predators and they tryed to make them more scarier then fisrt two. But this predators got killed by 8 people(8?). I mean my problem is that this group of people was like group of the most dangerous people on Earth, but they didn't feel like Dutch,  or Mike Harrigan. I would believe that team of 8 Dutches or 8 Harrigans would kill 3 predators, but team of these guys who were in the movie, no. And it's not problem of the actors, they are all good. It's just we know Harrigan is bad ass, because we can compare him to all his other team mates, we know Dutch is freaking dangerous because we can compare to everybody else too. And when Dutch or Harrigan killes the Predator in the end, we are not surprised or feel cheated, we knew this guys were the top of their game. Now when I see how Falconer and Tracker died in the Predators, I was underwhelmed, and it felt anticlimactic. The idea of a yakuza fighting with Predator in the field with high grass was a good idea, I didn't feel the scene, didn't feel the action(the music cover of "Billy" theme with asian motive was great ). The way Tracker died was lame too, and felt lazy. Action between Mr Black and Classic, was ok for me, action between Royce and Mr Black was worse.

Again Rodriguez didn't straight up dissed second movie in his movie, but him dissing "Predator 2" in the interview, and not delivering it for me personally, felt like the boxer who trash talks, and after getting KO by another boxer(not saying that Predator 2 KO Predatos  ;))

I am admiting that Predator 2 is kind of controversial in the fan base of predator(and not only fan), and I do agree that Stephen Hopkins isn't a great director, and more likely weaker then Rodriguez, but I do feel that he made much more "FUN" Predator movie(With a bad ass Predator). Again could be my subjectivity  ;)  Also "It keeps hiding the Predator as if we had never seen it before" they did show City Hunter early in the movie  ;) they didin't keep him in secret as much as Jungle Hunter  :)

Danversity

Right, but we can't really blame Rodriguez for that. We're always crediting Predators to him, but he didn't direct that movie. He only produced it, and wrote the very very first draft of the script that was mostly scrapped. Nimród Antal was the director, and any issues the film may have had on the portrayal of the Predators and characters are his fault a lot more than they are Rodriguez's. Rodriguez himself is a brilliant director, if he had actually directed Predators, it would've been a completely different movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed