The Predator | Final Trailer [HD] | 20th Century FOX

Started by Tetsujin, Aug 31, 2018, 01:03:07 PM

Author
The Predator | Final Trailer [HD] | 20th Century FOX (Read 41,892 times)

huntin8-t0n

Quote from: azamultic on Sep 03, 2018, 09:35:22 PM
Quote from: huntin8-t0n on Sep 03, 2018, 07:28:56 PM
Quote from: azamultic on Sep 03, 2018, 03:25:23 PM
Quote from: huntin8-t0n on Sep 03, 2018, 03:12:33 PM

Yea, sure thing :) It's just my opinion, but I withold the right for anyone to change it, who knows, maybe one day a movie like that is made in I'll be lik 'wow'
But at the moment, I don't think that would be the right direction.

Yes, I agree  ;) Right now I think the progression goes pretty well I mean:

1) Predator (1987) : has elite force; jungle; one predator
2) Predator 2 (1990) : has a group of cool police detectives; team who knows and is hunting predator; megapolis; one predator and a bunch of them in the end.
3) The Predator (2018) : has a group of "damaged" soldiers( good contrast to Dutch team); bigger team who knows more about predator and even captures one; suburbs, forest,swamp, base, jungle; Two predators one against another; and yehh kid. But overall pretty logical progression if you look at it from this side.
Now I didn't include "Predators" in this progression list because I have a love hate relationship with this movie, and also because Rodriguez dissed "Predator 2"  :(

Yea, Predators had some fine idea, but in the end the whole concept failed to me because of execution. So I have mixed feelings too, because of practical reasons too (looks and sound)
But like you said, if there's a good buildup, sometime in the future there could be a movie which introduces the predator a bit more like not just a mysterious creature, but a character. Not a full protagonist, but a developing character.

I really hope this movie will help the build-up for a vast world of predators, which is yet full of mystery :)

Yep agree)  Ohhh man I was cool with "Predators" at first, but more i think about it more I get irritated that they downplayed predators so much)
And to think that Rodrigez dissed Predator 2 and and ended up making predators "Feel" so weak  ;D at least Stephen Hopkins did make CIty Hinter cool and dangerous as f...k  ;)

Exactly, City Hunter defeated the whole owlf team, like half the gangs in LA (exaggerating :D) and the finest of LAPD, except Harrigan. He was ferocious, bloodthirsty but calculating. My only problem was with him the too many gadgets, but they were ok. In predators the whole "super" team defeated like six people in the movie, losing 3 of their own in the process. They felt like weaklings, even though were portrayed as beasts.

And City Hunter messing around with people (Lambert, Harrigan) and toying with them gave him a unique personality. He felt like a bully a little, but not the loudmouth type, but the one that takes you down in a sec after he finished playing with you  :D

Danversity

Danversity

Can we please meme the shit out of this?

Like...

Insulin

Insulin

"They are fast" you haven't seen fast yet,  wait till Casey Bracket trades her microscope for a sniper scope.

Brzrkr

Quote from: huntin8-t0n on Sep 03, 2018, 07:28:56 PM
Quote from: azamultic on Sep 03, 2018, 03:25:23 PM
Quote from: huntin8-t0n on Sep 03, 2018, 03:12:33 PM

Yea, sure thing :) It's just my opinion, but I withold the right for anyone to change it, who knows, maybe one day a movie like that is made in I'll be lik 'wow'
But at the moment, I don't think that would be the right direction.

Yes, I agree  ;) Right now I think the progression goes pretty well I mean:

1) Predator (1987) : has elite force; jungle; one predator
2) Predator 2 (1990) : has a group of cool police detectives; team who knows and is hunting predator; megapolis; one predator and a bunch of them in the end.
3) The Predator (2018) : has a group of "damaged" soldiers( good contrast to Dutch team); bigger team who knows more about predator and even captures one; suburbs, forest,swamp, base, jungle; Two predators one against another; and yehh kid. But overall pretty logical progression if you look at it from this side.
Now I didn't include "Predators" in this progression list because I have a love hate relationship with this movie, and also because Rodriguez dissed "Predator 2"  :(

Yea, Predators had some fine idea, but in the end the whole concept failed to me because of execution. So I have mixed feelings too, because of practical reasons too (looks and sound)
But like you said, if there's a good buildup, sometime in the future there could be a movie which introduces the predator a bit more like not just a mysterious creature, but a character. Not a full protagonist, but a developing character.

I really hope this movie will help the build-up for a vast world of predators, which is yet full of mystery :)

Yep agree)  Ohhh man I was cool with "Predators" at first, but more i think about it more I get irritated that they downplayed predators so much)
And to think that Rodrigez dissed Predator 2 and and ended up making predators "Feel" so weak  ;D at least Stephen Hopkins did make CIty Hinter cool and dangerous as f...k  ;)

He did?

It's still a better movie than anything he's made.

azamultic

Quote from: David 8 on Sep 04, 2018, 10:55:15 AM

He did?

Sorry, I didn't get, did you talk about Stephen Hopkins that "he did? it's still a better movie than anything he's made" or you asking about Rodrigez dissing Predator2?  :)

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Danversity on Sep 04, 2018, 05:05:09 AM

Like...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Brzrkr

Quote from: azamultic on Sep 04, 2018, 12:23:31 PM

He did?

Sorry, I didn't get, did you talk about Stephen Hopkins that "he did? it's still a better movie than anything he's made" or you asking about Rodrigez dissing Predator2?  :)

I was talking about Rodriguez dissing Predator 2.

azamultic

Quote from: David 8 on Sep 04, 2018, 01:38:04 PM

He did?

Yeh, he said in interview that he isn't fan of Predator 2 and making a sequel for "Predator 1" he ignored all what happened in Predator 2 and said that it's never happened for his vision of Predator universe.   :(

Nathsp

Quote from: Danversity on Sep 04, 2018, 05:05:09 AM

Like...

Oh lol!

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: azamultic on Sep 04, 2018, 01:42:58 PM

He did?

Yeh, he said in interview that he isn't fan of Predator 2 and making a sequel for "Predator 1" he ignored all what happened in Predator 2 and said that it's never happened for his vision of Predator universe.   :(

It made no difference to the film.

Brzrkr

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 04, 2018, 01:55:45 PM

He did?

Lol. Exactly.

azamultic

azamultic

Ohh sure, it didn't. It's just his attitude towards Predator 2, I got a little bit offended because I am a very big fan of predator 2. And I was like:"okay, bring it on (as a producer)". And at first I liked "Predators" but it did leave a bad taste in my mouth, more I thought about it, more I was getting irritated. Man at least make a cool Predator who feels dangerous. Stephen Hopkins isn't A list Director and I would assume he is much lower league then Rodrigez, but damn his City Hunter was vicious. I know Nimrod Antal and Rodriguez tried to make these group of people the most dangerous people on Earth (like squad of Dutches and Harrigans ) and it's why it's logical that these Three "Baad" Predators lost to them, but the problem is I didn't feel and see these people as Dutches and Harrigans. So yeh I was sad that he dissed my favorite movie and didn't deliver a better movie, but of course it's my personal opinion  ;) 

BigDaddyJohn

He did?

But, IMO it helps understand in what state of mind he conducted this project...  And i think it wasn't the greatest one to say the least.

Insulin

Insulin

Jurassic World's Hybrid FX Predatouaurus Rex looks amazing.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 04, 2018, 03:16:25 PM

He did?

But, IMO it helps understand in what state of mind he conducted this project...  And i think it wasn't the greatest one to say the least.

I don't think so. I know there's issues with the film but I still thoroughly enjoy Predators (in fact, it's one of the few I actually get a bit upset about when people slag it off) and I wouldn't say his dislike of Predator 2 showed at all to me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed