AvP2 and Reshade 2.0

Started by yaji, Apr 21, 2016, 06:53:45 AM

Author
AvP2 and Reshade 2.0 (Read 17,937 times)

Lucifero

Lucifero

Quote from: yaji on Apr 23, 2016, 02:28:54 PM
Hi, it goes like that:

1. Install and run dgVoodoo.
2. Add AvP2 folder to "Config folder / running instance"
3. Use following options in DirectX tab: dgVoodoo Virtual 3D Accelerated card and select 1024MB of VRAM.
4. Apply.
5. Run AvP2.exe, go to "Display" and in "Display" sub-window select dgVoodoo Dx Wrapper
6. Install ReShade 2.0
7. Go to "profiles" tab and click on + (I know, the gui of this tool is horrible). Add AvP2 to the list.
8. Go to shaders tab, select shaders you want, and save.
9. Click on shader you want to configure and go to "shader settings" tab, make some changes and save.
10. Start the game and enjoy :)

problem at step 5 dgvoodoo is not visible on display settings

help

yaji

yaji

I messed up a bit this guide, go to dgVoodoo\MS copy dlls from this folder and paste them to AvP2 folder.

Lucifero

Lucifero

Quote from: yaji on May 16, 2016, 03:31:32 PM
I messed up a bit this guide, go to dgVoodoo\MS copy dlls from this folder and paste them to AvP2 folder.
tnx for tip
Tomorrow I'll try to do
the PC on which the test I will have windows 10 and has the problem of black screen.
I'm curious to see if I solve the problem without having to use the pach made by kenny .

nothing dont work
if i press display opzion i see this

if i press ok i see this

if i press play i see this

any idea/ tip?
I've seen this error when long ago I was doing the emulation test whit Geran

malik22

malik22

any updates on this mod

Randomizer

Randomizer

I think people realized how much of a trouble this was and abandoned the project, though it would have been a great improvement for AVP2. Some things are just too old to keep up.

Lucifero

Lucifero

Quote from: Randomizer on Aug 21, 2016, 06:41:42 AM
I think people realized how much of a trouble this was and abandoned the project, though it would have been a great improvement for AVP2. Some things are just too old to keep up.
It works perfectly in the English version

JP

JP

QuoteI think people realized how much of a trouble this was and abandoned the project, though it would have been a great improvement for AVP2. Some things are just too old to keep up.

lol how is this hard to use? it's just as easy as droping some dlls in your avp2 directory and then chose what reshade shaders you want.

Randomizer

Randomizer

Oh, I know it's still available, just thought it remained in the buggy & laggy state it was at first. My bad.

malik22

malik22

would be nice if someone made an installer or something I never got it to work

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: malik22 on Aug 30, 2016, 12:28:42 AM
would be nice if someone made an installer or something I never got it to work

Did you Follow's Yaji Guide?

malik22

malik22

yes i did i will try again and is there anyway to play in 4k? and get widescreen?

Lucifero

Lucifero

Quote from: malik22 on Aug 20, 2016, 08:57:28 PM
any updates on this mod
dgVoodoo is not a mod is a emulation program.
Quote from: malik22 on Sep 01, 2016, 08:57:02 AM
yes i did i will try again and is there anyway to play in 4k? and get widescreen?
I do not understand your question

malik22

malik22

can the game be played in 4k resolution?

malik22

malik22

finally got the mod to work with the latest reshade and it does looks amazing I used your settings from the first page yaji.Anyone have some other settings  8)

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: yaji on Apr 22, 2016, 06:34:55 PM
If I can suggest some settings, I recommend:

AMBIENTOCCLUSION (AO_METHOD 1, AO_SHARPNESS_DETECT 1, iSSAOSAmples 24) - it will give you lots of new shadows and add lots of deapth to the scene.
BLOOM by Ganossa - will give you sweet lighting effects on sky, lamps and muzzle fires.
LENSDIRT - will add an effect of "dirty screen" when you look at some powerful light sources. Its nice, trust me.
LENZFLARE - just a simple lens flare, looks nice on outpost4 and colony
TECHNICOLOR - for old movie like colors.
FILMGRAIN - it will add some noise to the scene.
AMBIENTLIGHT - not sure what it does, but I have it turned on.
FXAA - for anti aliasing. The Dx7 to 11 wrapper doesn't allow to use multi-sampling I think.
CA - for chromatic aberration. The default values might be a bit too strong.

Oh and check RBM - I won't tell you what does it do, but trust me, you will like it. But my GTX660 is too slow to handle it.

Most of those make it a blurry mess :P

Quote4K

No.

2048x1536

Ambientlight is Screen Space Indirect Lighting, aka reflected light sources give material a tint based on their pixel color data or from a preprojected source, it uses ambient occlusion techniques for casting so it's expensive as hell as far as framerate goes.

Of course if you have anything remotely modern you can run AVP2 at a billion frames so...

Quotewindows 10
Use Reshade 1.5 and it will work, you will of course, lose any effects not present in 1.5

RBM is the "depth bias" trick I used in Crucible of Darwin, except for doing it manually with special textures and some alpha channel bullshit, it's done procedurally based the light/dark values of the textures to create pseudo 3d, kinda like parallax mapping does.

See how the crest and arm "pop"? RBM does that in real time without no alpha trickeration.

Another awesome thing about 2.0 is you can use a LUT to produce up to 16 bit color provided you know how to write a little shader code, so you can get the same type of "deep color" (aka 10 bit LUT) that Alien: Isolation has.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed