Aliens: Fireteam Elite Catch All

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 09, 2021, 03:26:43 PM

Author
Aliens: Fireteam Elite Catch All (Read 91,939 times)

Kailem

Kailem

Yeah I don't care how many times it appears in how many Alien games, it'll always be cool to see.

BlueMarsalis79

And this' the first time we have seen the Prometheus version if I'm correct.

City Hunter Yautja

Hemi

Hemi

Spray and pray?

QuoteAs a whole, it moves fast and has a high durability, so you have to keep shooting until the opponent gets stuck, but the player can't carry too many bullets. If you shoot too well, you can run out of bullets along the way.

By the looks of it ammo is going to be scarce (according to the japanese "review"). Kinda a good thing imo.

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: Hemi on Jul 20, 2021, 12:30:27 PM
Spray and pray?

QuoteAs a whole, it moves fast and has a high durability, so you have to keep shooting until the opponent gets stuck, but the player can't carry too many bullets. If you shoot too well, you can run out of bullets along the way.

By the looks of it ammo is going to be scarce (according to the japanese "review"). Kinda a good thing imo.

Spray and pray: to start shooting wildly in a sweeping fashion, hoping the bullets hit the target.

Kailem

Kailem

Case in point:

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: Kailem on Jul 20, 2021, 07:21:49 PM
Case in point:

https://i.imgur.com/vahrkFL.gif

To be honest, if I was in an Xenomorph hive I'd probably shoot like that too.

Kailem

Kailem

Just a random bit of lore, but apparently this won't be the first ship named "Endeavour" in the Aliens universe. I'm finally reading through the Alien RPG's Colonial Marines Operations Manual, and I came across this little factoid in the universe timeline section:

Quote from: Alien RPG"2162 - The UA, 3WE, and ICSC form the Allied Frontier Force (AFF). The USCSS Endeavor is destroyed by the UPP. The Tientsin Campaign begins. "

Though here it's described as a "commercial survey ship" rather than a warship like in the game. Still, with all the deep cut lore references it looks like this is going to have, it'll be interesting to see if any of the NPC marines make reference to its namesake.

Galactus123

Galactus123

City Hunter Yautja

I think a cool DLC pack for this game in future is Predator armor and plasmacaster. Like Noland in Predators.

Hemi

Hemi

I rather have everyone stick to their side of the universe for change imo.

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: Hemi on Jul 24, 2021, 12:47:23 AM
I rather have everyone stick to their side of the universe for change imo.

Fair point. Aliens and Predator need their standalone games, just like their standalone films.

Hemi

Hemi

I agree. Would be nice to get another dedicated  AVP game. It's been too long.  :)

RidgeTop

Kailem

Kailem

I guess "Phalanx" will be the first new DLC class that they probably didn't mean to reveal.

Also I'm guessing just by the general outline that the "Super OP Gun" is going to be a gun that fires Dutches.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed