AvP Galaxy Gets Hands-On With Preview Of Aliens: Fireteam Elite With 15 Minutes of Gameplay!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 21, 2021, 03:24:48 PM

Author
AvP Galaxy Gets Hands-On With Preview Of Aliens: Fireteam Elite With 15 Minutes of Gameplay! (Read 10,222 times)

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: AFE Too easy on Jul 21, 2021, 10:44:07 PM
This game looks wayyyyyy too easy.

Looks can be deceiving. We were mostly playing on standard, but when we started playing 'intense,' it got quite challenging. There are two higher difficulty settings than intense: Extreme, and Insane. They scare me.

Quote from: R Lar on Jul 21, 2021, 09:58:20 PM
Does the pulse rifle have a grenade launcher ?

No, there is a heavy grenade launcher weapon. I was surprised with the lack of underslung attachments for the Pulse Rifle, but I guess they didn't want it to be the go-to AR when there are so many others. It's still a fantastic feeling weapon.

Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Jul 21, 2021, 10:11:23 PM
Quote from: R Lar on Jul 21, 2021, 09:58:20 PM
Does the pulse rifle have a grenade launcher ?

A very important question. Especially, if there is going to be little time to breath between Xenomorph hordes.

There is but it's mainly on the ship hub area which you can go to by choice in-between missions, or automatically at the end of a campaign. There are still some moments to catch your breath in the missions themselves.

Quote from: Jumss on Jul 21, 2021, 07:29:39 PM
Very cool that you guys got a preview of this. Looking forward to playing with everyone again like the AvP game nights all those years ago

We really need to set up some community game nights again, and not just for this! I'm craving some AVP2 evac.

Quote from: Darkness on Jul 21, 2021, 06:59:10 PM
Really detailed work guys to get this done in the timeframe you had. I kinda wish I'd have put my two cents in but I felt like I'm not as qualified as you guys to comment on it as I very rarely play online multiplayer these days.

I'm sure it'll do good and find its audience. There is a lot of good things in there. It is non-stop action, you very rarely have a chance to breathe between the hoards of Xenomorphs.

Yeah I think it'll do well. And thanks, D. It was great playing through this build with you and Hicks. Looking forward to more once the game sees its release!

Rudiger

Since when do xenos move like speed skaters??? They look so goofy.

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: Rudiger on Jul 22, 2021, 08:50:15 AM
Since when do xenos move like speed skaters??? They look so goofy.

Exactly! Xenos on ice. Lol XD

Protomorph

Protomorph

I have a few questions if its ok:

1 - Do you know if there is a finite number of Aliens that come at you in a given section of a level. For example if you are in a specific part of the level will the Aliens just keep coming at you until you move onto a new section or can you mow them all down and have a breather before moving onto the next batch?

2 - I assume that
Spoiler
the alien alluded to in the video that we would be familiar with from infiltrator will be the pale alien known as Seven?
[close]

btw thanks for the video, i really enjoyed it and appreciated what you all bring for us fans.

RidgeTop

Quote from: Protomorph on Jul 22, 2021, 09:51:54 AM
I have a few questions if its ok:

1 - Do you know if there is a finite number of Aliens that come at you in a given section of a level. For example if you are in a specific part of the level will the Aliens just keep coming at you until you move onto a new section or can you mow them all down and have a breather before moving onto the next batch?

2 - I assume that
Spoiler
the alien alluded to in the video that we would be familiar with from infiltrator will be the pale alien known as Seven?
[close]

btw thanks for the video, i really enjoyed it and appreciated what you all bring for us fans.

1 - I think it depends on the area, there are some bits where they would stop and others where they just seemed to keep coming until we moved to the next area.

2 - It's...
Spoiler
Monica
[close]

Glad you enjoyed!

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

I really want a photomode! Since there is  offline capabilities there is no reason for it not to. The moment they drop that hint, i would be willing to shell out for the full deluxe version or just the base for that matter.
People will go crazy with photomode with depth of field, lens types, etc.etc.

Xiggz456

Nice preview guys! Really looking forward to this though I wish I had that PS5 but they're damn near impossible to find...

Hemi

Awesome work guys, that was a fun view! And... HORDE MODE CONFIRMED!!

No regrets getting the pre-order now. Great watch... And that last hero shot of the dropship firing... thats what you want to see in an Aliens game. Brilliant.

Hyped!

Enjoy

Acid blood seems harmless. Is it ?

RidgeTop

Quote from: Enjoy on Jul 22, 2021, 09:46:58 PM

Acid from regular Xenos on standard difficulty is not too bad, the more acid-specialized Xenos like the 'Spitter' or 'Burster' will be more damaging. On the higher difficulties though, you'll really have to be mindful of acid damage from all of them.

Huggs

I can't stand spitters. And I'm going to hypocritically gloss over that one shot from Alien 3. Just so ya know.

BlueMarsalis79

The Prequel novel allows for them through vagaries and I'd be surprised if this actually explains them in any substantial way. 

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: RidgeTop on Jul 22, 2021, 10:19:16 PM
Quote from: Enjoy on Jul 22, 2021, 09:46:58 PM

Acid from regular Xenos on standard difficulty is not too bad, the more acid-specialized Xenos like the 'Spitter' or 'Burster' will be more damaging. On the higher difficulties though, you'll really have to be mindful of acid damage from all of them.

This is good news. Confirms my question about difficulty levels.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Are there climbable ladders? Ive seen in the citidel location there is a statue of the engineers from the torso up. A ladder is slanted on his shoulder to the top of his head. I'm just wondering if taking ladders and traversing up them are allowed like in The Last of Us or more accurately Death Stranding, for example? Maybe there are hidden areas to discover?

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 22, 2021, 10:23:56 PM
I can't stand spitters. And I'm going to hypocritically gloss over that one shot from Alien 3. Just so ya know.

I recall the Spitter being in Alien Resurrection who kills Christie:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed