Project Prometheus: New Viral Video

Started by ShadowPred, Jun 27, 2012, 06:58:22 PM

Author
Project Prometheus: New Viral Video (Read 21,478 times)

episodenone

Quote from: Truise on Jun 27, 2012, 10:20:09 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 27, 2012, 09:54:20 PM
Quote from: Truise on Jun 27, 2012, 09:45:29 PM
Why are they bothering with this type of stuff ?

Some people (myself included) enjoy the viral marketing. Also, its a good way to keep the audience interested and see how much desire there is for a sequel.

Well, yea, i understand that but why not come out and say something concrete instead of playing this kind of charades ?
It feels out of fashion. I don't want more stuff related to the marketing exercise as i am pretty bored it with after all we've seen for the last months and the way the movie turned out.

I will keep checking thing's out to help the cause, so to speak, but they better improve things the second time around if they decide to green-light the sequel !

Silver Platter.
Story.

Enjoy.

Or go with it -- because oh so many other movie franchises do cool stuff like this.

Vepariga

where do you submit a resume to Weyland corp?  :P

Ruzena

Ruzena

CUT IT OOOOFFFF!

RoaryUK

Once again it's a case of another great viral, shame about the movie...

MR EL1M1NATOR

Disappointing they didn't put as much thought into the movie as they did the virals. Nothing is more effective then word of mouth, which they probably now can see after the massive drop in box office takings after the first week.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: MR EL1M1NATOR on Jun 28, 2012, 05:05:32 PM
Disappointing they didn't put as much thought into the movie as they did the virals. Nothing is more effective then word of mouth, which they probably now can see after the massive drop in box office takings after the first week.

Well, there's that, and the fact that it was released around two very popular and anticipated animated family movies. I'd say Prometheus did pretty good given its time of release.

On the topic of virals, I would love to see some stuff from Yutani's POV now, since we didn't get to see any of Yutani in the film. I remember Ridley saying he had fun working on that relationship, so maybe he has some stuff planned for them?

NGR01

NGR01

Like the work put into the virals.
Sadly it looks its not going anywhere...

Pvt. Himmel

Here comes the negativity police chief himself.. ::)

ripley161

Fantastic video . Really enjoying these viral videos and can't wait for more  :) 

Max Powers

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 28, 2012, 05:07:04 PM

Well, there's that, and the fact that it was released around two very popular and anticipated animated family movies. I'd say Prometheus did pretty good given its time of release.

Because Prometheus was competing for the same audience?

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Max Powers on Jun 28, 2012, 07:32:40 PM

Not that it was competing, but with Prometheus, the people who wanted to see it saw it. With Brave and Madagascar 3 it wasn't just the people who wanted to see them, but also the parents and other family members of kids who wanted to see them. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people who saw Prometheus also saw the animated movies (and even bought more tickets for the animated movies, because they were buying for their kids as well).

Also, I'd be lying if I said that Brave doesn't look really good. Haven't seen it, though.

Max Powers

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 28, 2012, 07:36:35 PM
Quote from: Max Powers on Jun 28, 2012, 07:32:40 PM

the people who wanted to see it saw it.

Exactly. It hasn't really been getting great word-of-mouth from what I've experienced. And the promos basically disappeared from TV after the first week.

Pvt. Himmel

Rumor is that sources at FOX plan to make an announcement of a sequel and if you notice that next batch of virals all have new actors in them...they will be in the sequel. hopefully this is true...

BonesawT101

maybe an animated film set afer prometheus?

Ash 937

Quote from: BonesawT101 on Jun 28, 2012, 09:46:29 PM
maybe an animated film set afer prometheus?

Now THAT would be awesome!  It sort of reminds me of the Animatrix cartoons that were released after the final Matrix film came out.  By many accounts, the animated film had a lot more to offer fans than the last two Matrix films did in terms of depth and imagination.

I'd love to see Ridley allow for something like this to happen.  He already allowed Prometheus to happen so I don't see why something like this wouldn't be completely possible.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed