Other ships leaving Sevastopol

Started by farsightblogger, Apr 28, 2020, 06:49:15 PM

Author
Other ships leaving Sevastopol (Read 2,917 times)

farsightblogger

Just for a RPG adventure idea I'm working on, I was wondering if there had been any mention anywhere else about any other vessels leaving the station when things went south. I've been through the game and don't remember hearing that, as well as reading what I can about the general story.

If it's mentioned anywhere I'd like to know, but any window where a ship could have left the station just as the scope of the problem was beginning would be helpful.

My players are pretty clued up on Alien so it'd help with the immersion.

Hudson

Hudson

Quote from: farsightblogger on Apr 28, 2020, 06:49:15 PM
Just for a RPG adventure idea I'm working on, I was wondering if there had been any mention anywhere else about any other vessels leaving the station when things went south. I've been through the game and don't remember hearing that, as well as reading what I can about the general story.

If it's mentioned anywhere I'd like to know, but any window where a ship could have left the station just as the scope of the problem was beginning would be helpful.

My players are pretty clued up on Alien so it'd help with the immersion.

I've played the game through at least 5 or 6 times and read the book (which has transcriptions of the computer terminal stuff) and don't recall mentions of any other ships by name. If your players are as clued up on Alien as it sounds, they should be willing to give you a free pass in the face of all the BS stuff that Fox tried to say was canon before Disney bought them.

farsightblogger

What is it, Private.

Quote from: Hudson on Apr 28, 2020, 07:16:43 PM
I've played the game through at least 5 or 6 times and read the book (which has transcriptions of the computer terminal stuff) and don't recall mentions of any other ships by name. If your players are as clued up on Alien as it sounds, they should be willing to give you a free pass in the face of all the BS stuff that Fox tried to say was canon before Disney bought them.

Yeah, I read through the transcripts and didn't see anything that would contradict what I have in mind and - to be truthful - I think it's really me that wants to make sure it fits, I'm just using them as an excuse!

Cheers, Hudson.

SM

SM

Europa?  ;)

SpaceKase

SpaceKase

Yeah, it was material from a deleted subplot where the crew of the Torrens originally came across the ship adrift in space with all all hands lost or something, this was before Torrens arrived at Sevastopol. The only remanents left of the subplot I believe were logs from either the exec Ransome or some shopkeeper telling his wife to gather up their kid and leave everything else behind because he had a lead on a ship willing to break quarantine and GTFO. In the final game they never follow up on it though.

Still Collating...

Quote from: SM on May 01, 2020, 12:07:26 AM
Europa?  ;)

Oh nice! So maybe that's how Defiance got its aliens.... ;D

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SpaceKase on May 01, 2020, 01:20:08 AM
Yeah, it was material from a deleted subplot where the crew of the Torrens originally came across the ship adrift in space with all all hands lost or something, this was before Torrens arrived at Sevastopol. The only remanents left of the subplot I believe were logs from either the exec Ransome or some shopkeeper telling his wife to gather up their kid and leave everything else behind because he had a lead on a ship willing to break quarantine and GTFO. In the final game they never follow up on it though.

The Solace: https://avp.fandom.com/wiki/Solace

Quote from: SM on May 01, 2020, 12:07:26 AM
Europa?  ;)

She was a Seegson ship after all... Was this something talked about during development?

Kradan

Kradan

Oh man, if only there was a Director's cuts of the games. I would like to walk through frozen ship.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed