The Official SKULL or NO SKULL Thread

Started by FiorinaFury161, Feb 18, 2017, 11:38:01 PM

Do you like the skull in the Alien head?

Love the SKULL
It's ok
It makes no difference on how I feel about the Alien
Dislike the SKULL
Hate The SKULL
Hate The SKULL and the people who love it
Author
The Official SKULL or NO SKULL Thread (Read 140,895 times)

windebieste

Look!  YOU CAN SEE THE SKULL!!!!!!1!

;D

-Windebieste.

FiorinaFury161

Local Trouble

ScrapBrain

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 05, 2017, 04:36:05 PM
The fact that the "runner" didn't even have a bovine or canine snout only further proves that the alien doesn't inherit the skull of its host.

I don't see this as "proof" at all. You don't even see under the Runner's frontal dome from what I can remember. And dog/bovine-like eye sockets could easily be hidden under there. Alien 3 is somewhat of a freak in the formula, I mean, the Xeno was even originally designed to have effeminate lips, a tongue lined with sharp teeth and retractable blades between it's fingers.

Quote from: windebieste on Aug 08, 2017, 05:34:39 AM

https://i2.wp.com/www.hideousplastic.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/CovenantAlien.gif?resize=500%2C208

;D

-Windebieste.

;D

NeoXenoPred

Loved the skull. It added the mysterious vibe and also looks creepy.

ScrapBrain

Quote from: NeoXenoPred on Aug 09, 2017, 10:11:57 AM

Exactly. The skull gives it a far more unsettling presence by making the creature more than just a beast.

Local Trouble

Quote from: NeoXenoPred on Aug 09, 2017, 10:11:57 AM

It was far more mysterious before David created it.

Space7Horror

Quote from: windebieste on Aug 08, 2017, 05:34:39 AM

https://i2.wp.com/www.hideousplastic.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/CovenantAlien.gif?resize=500%2C208

;D

-Windebieste.

Wow I don't remember that shot in the movie, very nice I like it a lot and to chime in on the debate I think the skull is great when subtle.  It's best when it is visible when light hits it a certain way it adds a creepy vibe to it.

Reichu

I'm somewhere between "it's OK" and "I dislike it". If attention is drawn to it, like in the collectibles with the see-through domes, I think it looks very tacky. As something almost subliminal, it's quite effective. I prefer if "in reality" there is no skull beneath the dome, though. I think a lack of eyes, or any point of reference for eyes, makes the alien much more unique than it being another skull-faced monster.

Alionic

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 12, 2017, 07:24:35 PM
There should be an option for hating both the skull and the people who love it.  >:(

This is what I voted. How anybody can even support the slightest notion of the xenomorph having eyes is beyond me.

Olde

Olde

I voted what difference does it make. Because seriously. Who cares.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Olde on Aug 26, 2017, 02:32:55 AM

That's hate speech.

windebieste

LOL... too awesome!   :laugh:

-Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Alionic on Aug 26, 2017, 01:15:45 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on May 12, 2017, 07:24:35 PM
There should be an option for hating both the skull and the people who love it.  >:(

This is what I voted. How anybody can even support the slightest notion of the xenomorph having eyes is beyond me.

They don't have eyes. They have empty eye sockets which I find f**king terrifying. Just that empty skull looks so creepy to me.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 26, 2017, 06:44:58 PM
Quote from: Olde on Aug 26, 2017, 02:32:55 AM

That's hate speech.

Someone doesn't appreciate the fun of it.  :P

Local Trouble

If the eye sockets and nasal cavity are vestigial and get "paved over" as the cranium forms before shedding the carapace, I can live with that.  The end result would, of course, be the Winston/Cameron head.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed