CONGRATS FOR REAL! Playable Females in Multiplayer!

Started by Moosh89, Jun 08, 2012, 04:29:11 AM

Author
CONGRATS FOR REAL! Playable Females in Multiplayer! (Read 107,801 times)

Moosh89

Moosh89

Sept 2nd,

Quote from: ChrisF;2708666I am happy to be able to confirm that female marines are playable in competitive multiplayer as well as co-op, complete with customization elements. This is something the team has been planning and working on for quite some time, and that work is finally at the point where we can confirm it will indeed ship with the game when it releases on February 12, 2013.

Congratulations everyone!!!

I am hoping these "Customization elements are as advanced as to allow Hair, Skin, Body build (Slim/Thicker), and of course Armour customization!, It would be fantastic to build a marine that represents you!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

A reply to the Thank you letter I sent Ms. Hiller!:

Quote'this is great news for all dynamic  fans of Aliens.  Especially the ladies!

Corp Ferro

Just got a retweet from Vasquez!!!

https://twitter.com/jenettebras/status/243161704362569728

QuoteYES!!! RT @MOOSH_89: @jenettebras Thank you so much for your support for Playable Females!, The petition is a success! http://bit.ly/QebGuw 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also here is a video appeal from the cast!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6CF3kcszpA#ws

SM

Seems odd that they don't have females considering how iconic Vasquez is.

Moosh89

I know, hey? Yet you can be DEAD male marines online... Seems kinda odd to me!

predxeno

Are you kidding me?  Playble females are a MUST.  I mean, one of the most disappointing aspects of AVP2010 (trying so hard to forget the losing XP glitch and the horrendous nightmare of The Six Pack trophy/achievement) was the fact that there were no playable female marines.  What is Gearbox thinking leaving females out? ???

Predaker

It sucks they won't have playable female marines. (But plenty of AI female marines they claim.)

I blame the meta game. With all the player customization, armor, etc. They would have to create so much more just to have a different character model.

SM

If you can customise your character to have no helmet and a bandanna - problem solved.  :)

Moosh89

Quote from: predxeno on Jun 08, 2012, 04:58:27 AM
Are you kidding me?  Playble females are a MUST.  I mean, one of the most disappointing aspects of AVP2010 (trying so hard to forget the losing XP glitch and the horrendous nightmare of The Six Pack trophy/achievement) was the fact that there were no playable female marines.  What is Gearbox thinking leaving females out? ???

Thanks for your support!, Lets change that by getting as many signatures as possible! And don't forget to pass it on!

Njm1983

Still dont believe theres no female marines.... what the hell. Ill sign the petition.

This shit makes no sense there were 3 female marines in aliens.

WinterActual

WinterActual

I am kinda glad there are no playable female marines. Its pissing me off to know I am in squad of 6-7 other marines which are female models but actually in the real life they are male rofl. Its weird you know  ;D Its confusing to see a female model but when that player use his mic and you hear male voice out of female mouth.

Pred-man201

They should put ripley as a multiplayer character that would be awsome

SM

Chicks aren't susceptible to sonic EEElectronic ball breakers, so having them for multiplayer will give them too much of an advantage.

Moosh89

Moosh89

Quote from: Voodoo Actual on Jun 08, 2012, 06:25:02 AM
I am kinda glad there are no playable female marines. Its pissing me off to know I am in squad of 6-7 other marines which are female models but actually in the real rile they are male rofl. Its weird you know  ;D Its confusing to see a female model but when that player use his mic and you hear male voice out of female mouth.

It's only weird if you were trying to hit on them ;)

haha

Quote from: SM on Jun 08, 2012, 07:25:31 AM
Chicks aren't susceptible to sonic EEElectronic ball breakers, so having them for multiplayer will give them too much of an advantage.

We may not have balls, but it sure doesn't tickle when we get hit there (TMI... haha)

But seriously... to be true to the franchise, and ALL its fans, this needs to change!

shadowedge

You have to have female marines or playable characters in a proper Aliens game.

Aliens is ALL about strong female character. That is like it's #1 theme. Come on Gearbox!

The link to sign the petition does not work though.

WinterActual

Quote from: shadowedge on Jun 08, 2012, 09:16:58 AM

The one in her signature is working fine.

shadowedge

Quote from: Voodoo Actual on Jun 08, 2012, 10:26:07 AM
Quote from: shadowedge on Jun 08, 2012, 09:16:58 AM

The one in her signature is working fine.

I didn't see that sig.

Totally signed!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed