Prometheus vehicles exposed

Started by Valaquen, Aug 28, 2011, 08:22:11 AM

Author
Prometheus vehicles exposed (Read 61,917 times)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Likin' those designs. :)

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Weyland-Yutani logo with the old Weylan-Yutani wings.

need emergency medical services

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: Valaquen on Aug 28, 2011, 03:04:36 PM

I wanted to ask Cobb himself. Cobb took off the 'd' in Alien to remove it somewhat from its inspiration, 'Leyland'; as he designed the logos and such for both films, he must have added it back later. The words Weyland-Yutani don't appear in the Aliens script, last time I checked.

Well one thing, as far as I know he never talked about removing the D from Leyland to change it, only changing the L to a W, and that could almost be like a Japanese mispronunciation. I'd like to ask Cobb that question too along with a few others

I suppose at the end of the day, this vehicle is just a futuristic version of one of these Personel Carriers used in the army

JaaayDee

Griffith

Griffith

Gimme a minute in Photoshop:
http://f.666kb.com/i/bwgmpabyjdv2syb7j.gif

3D version

Snowdog

Snowdog

Quote from: prometheUSA on Aug 28, 2011, 09:09:47 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-3tCumSDHP50/TlnR3g3I4uI/AAAAAAAAAJ0/S8GxthePVPI/s1600/prometheus_vehicle_truck.jpg

Red markings on the vehicle looks to me like some kind of logo with letters in it. One of the letters I'm thinking is a  W

Any photoshop heros want to do this justice?

It actually says "EVS" not "W" :( As much as i would love to see the "W" ofcourse :P

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Since the triangles from the W/Y logo is meant to be the Y, i'm willing to bet those triangles MAY represent the Yutani corp, if Ridleys going there.

Can't say I dig the vehicle, but the landing leg is awesome.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: Snowdog on Aug 28, 2011, 09:49:05 PM
It actually says "EVS" not "W" :( As much as i would love to see the "W" ofcourse :P

I thought so first of all myself, but....

Never say no to Panda!

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Aug 28, 2011, 09:55:06 PM
Since the triangles from the W/Y logo is meant to be the Y, i'm willing to bet those triangles MAY represent the Yutani corp, if Ridleys going there.

Im pretty sure that it is a Yutani vehicle, logo would make no sense other way i guess.

beb

beb

these set designs and vehicle designs are not doing it for me this doesnt jump out and say alien prequel i wont be satisfied until i see the cinematography the colors of the vehicles and the hive slash jockey ship set design feel different of course i cant really bitch until the trailer or screening but ill do it anyway

NUB DESTROYER

NUB DESTROYER

Quote from: Snowdog on Aug 28, 2011, 09:49:05 PMch as i would love to see the "W" ofcourse :P

The undoctored photo is too blurry to show anything conclusive. That's what I asked if there was anyone who would do this justice on Photoshop

Here's my attempt. Magnified x4, played around with hues, luminosity

Nothing conclusive. Maybe my PS technique is wrong.

I don't want to take this too far. Based on the circumstance, I'd go with Never say no to Panda's design

ThisBethesdaSea

Quote from: beb on Aug 28, 2011, 10:39:07 PM
these set designs and vehicle designs are not doing it for me this doesnt jump out and say alien prequel i wont be satisfied until i see the cinematography the colors of the vehicles and the hive slash jockey ship set design feel different of course i cant really bitch until the trailer or screening but ill do it anyway

I just need some explanation on this remark. So, let me get this straight, despite everything we've seen, all of the decidedly Gigeresque leaked images, and the design of the ship, the Nostromo-like entryways, ALL of it....this isn't saying A L I E N prequel? No offense pal, but your comment/s come off as pretty daft and decidedly pissy. If anything the images we've seen disprove everything you wrote. Not only does Prometheus resemble A L I E N in tone and design, it appears to be more of a prequel then Ridley and crew were letting on.

josh_axey

josh_axey

Quote from: prometheUSA on Aug 28, 2011, 10:39:52 PM
Quote from: Snowdog on Aug 28, 2011, 09:49:05 PM...

Contributing to the "confirmation".

Enlarged the image.
Note the lighter shade of pixels... these are the actual lines of the decal on the vehicle. The deeper colour is just the blur of the poor quality image melding into the rest of the vehicle.
Note my very crude outlining.

Basically it looks exactly like Panda's logo deconstruct.

Personally convinced that it is a Y shape made from the three triangle like blocks. Does this mean Yutani? I'm thinking it might  :)
Speculation aside, I'm damn sure it is a Y surrounded by logotype "wings".

[edit]
On seconds thoughts... considering VIckers is supposed to be the one in charge of "the company" and she "nickel and dimed it together"... perhaps Vickers is the family name, not her first name - and it is in fact a "V" for Vickers... as in "Vickers Industries", "Vickers Engineering", "Vickers Potato Chips", etc.

This is of course assuming the "connection" to the ALIEN universe, without the direct sequel like implication of it being directly tied to the company we know. It could also be a vehicle from the apposing faction, from whoever owns the Magellan, etc.

You get the idea........
[/edit]

Wobblyboddle77

Wobblyboddle77

ThisBethesdaSea i agree with you completely, that geezers comments come across as negative, come on beb old boy, this movie screams Alien prequel, all the signs are there. Be enthusiastic like the rest of us are, we can see Scott and his crew are working so damn hard at this film, so let's sit back and marvel at these pictures. The big question for me is what do these damn space jockeys look like? it's driving me insane arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, anyway less than a year to go lol. There should be a countdown timer to the release of prometheus on this site lol.

m138jewski

m138jewski

that can easily be a w or even a w/y combo.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed