Started by Darkness, Nov 04, 2006, 04:23:01 PM

Which would you rather see?

Alien 5
194 (38.4%)
Predator 3
311 (61.6%)

Total Members Voted: 437

Author
Alien 5 or Predator 3? (Read 152,361 times)

Shaak

Shaak

Hi  :)

I'm a big alien fan but after Alien 4 I don't want to see another bad film. Better stay with the good memories of the trilogy. Don't care much about predator.

DB)Diablo

DB)Diablo

Now what I *want* is to see both.

But for the sake of this thread, I'll say Predator Three.

Let's see if it goes in the direction of most other series...

The Ultimate Predator

Predator 3 every time for me.  ;D

VenomX

VenomX

I'll have to say Predator 3 as well, I always was more of a predator fan since they are more of a civilized species (well, depending on how you define that), with a culture and things like language and customs to discover. Not that I have any hope that Fox won't completely screw that one up, but ideally speaking it's still the species I'd like to see more of.

The aliens, while I like them a lot, feel mostly just like bugs with a fairly primitive and predictable behaviour to me. Nothing wrong with that, it's partway what makes them so terrifying, but it also makes me feel there's nothing more there to discover really, they can give them more screen time, but unless they go and change what they essentially are like in Resurrection, throw in a new reproductive system for an extra twist or something, it kinda feels to me like there's nothing new under the sun there.

The only case where I'd prefer an A5 over a P3 is if they threw in the Pilot race, their connection to the aliens, and did it the right way.  :)

The Ultimate Predator

Maybe, it would be interesting ro read up about the Pilots, but, Predator 3 if it went into their homeworld or more into their culture would be far more interesting.

Predator Schwarzenegger

Predator Schwarzenegger

hey people, I'm new here, just want to say Hi  ;D - but anyway, to the point :D:
I have always been a Predator fan so Predator 3 all the way. I love Alien and Aliens, but I always go back to Predator.
I think because Predator is probably less known than Alien, trust me heaps of people had to hire out Predator 2 after AVP cos they never even knew it existed, with the first remembered more for a great testosterone filled Arnie sci-fi actioner than anything else, I think a limp Alien 5 is more (horrendously) likely than a great Predator 3.  :'(

The Ultimate Predator

Might well be true, though I hope it isn't.

Yautja

Yautja

Id have to go with Predator 3. Even though im a big Alien fan and would love to see Alien 5. Im more of a Pred fan.

Darkness

Darkness

I've gotta say I'm surprised at all the votes for Predator 3.

I would have always chosen Alien 5 since it would be written and possibly directed by James Cameron.

Predator Schwarzenegger

Predator Schwarzenegger

Quote from: Darkness on Dec 12, 2006, 09:57:43 PM
I've gotta say I'm surprised at all the votes for Predator 3.

I would have always chosen Alien 5 since it would be written and possibly directed by James Cameron.

Yeh, but at some stage or another so was Spider-man and AVP, so I don't let those 'rumours' fuel my choices at all. Besides, as inevitable as it is I think it would take a lot to make Alien 5 work. People here (OZ) are kind of 'Aliened Out' after the lacklustre Resurrection.

The Ultimate Predator

I agree, and to me there is so much potential for Predator.

maledoro

maledoro

They should make Predatorз. Let Fox leave the Alien franchise alone.

DB

DB

I suppose I'd be excited at the prospect of either, but at this time I would actually be more interested in seeing a third Predator flick.

The Ultimate Predator

Indeed. I would still love to see A5, but P3 would be brilliant.

Newsfop

Newsfop

Hello everyone, non-classic newbie here. Don't worry, I won't say anything too stupid. I do my research.

I personally would prefer to first see a Predator sequel over an Alien. I love and hate being scared. I still prefer some really good slug-outs over pop-and-screech. There's a great deal still to be discovered about the Predator race, I feel. How does their heirarchy unfold? Is there any link between the stories? Were the predators from the first two films acting out of the order or going according to their own ways of hunting protocol? Obviously I don't want to see a board meeting full of predators, otherwise we'd have something as boring as a Klingon court-room scene. I guess what I'm trying to say is that the Predators seem so much more interesting because of their honor code and their technology. The aliens are so one-track in their thoughts. They're expert killing and reproductive machines, but that's it, plus everything about them is disgusting. And I say that with the utmost respect.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed