Predators Video Thread

Started by Doomofman, Apr 21, 2010, 09:31:37 PM

Author
Predators Video Thread (Read 26,787 times)

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

That's just showbusiness... harsh but effective on masses.

Most people never heard of Antal (hell I didn't know him until he was announced to be the director of Predators), whereas Robert Rodruigez is almost a brandname and people can identify with a face that they've heard of which ultimately leads to a better success of the movie...

Thats unfortunately how the cookie crumbles...

creature creator

creature creator

yhea is know,
but i think it is still a bit respectless to give the man almost no credit.

still no offence to RR, he will have done alot of things for the movie.

Jb

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

But if you think about it the producer of most movies are disrespected in this case it is the other way round.

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

True, I mean look at Davis... I don't know about him but I'm so hate him for producing the AvP movies *sigh*

can someone tell me what year it takes place?

Corporate Merc

Corporate Merc

Quote from: 369 on Jun 23, 2010, 02:46:17 AM
can someone tell me what year it takes place?

Present day.

creature creator

creature creator

i thought it was a few years after PREDATOR, or is there written the oppisite?

JB

chrisr232007

chrisr232007

I couldnt be right after predator look at the weapons the people are using and the clothing i say its present.

Corporate Merc

Corporate Merc

Quote from: creature creator on Jun 23, 2010, 05:15:08 AM

JB

I see it being present day because of royce's AA-12 shotgun, they definitley didnt have those in the 80's but judging from the trailer and various screenshots my bet is present day.

chrisr232007

chrisr232007

Quote from: Corporate Merc on Jun 23, 2010, 05:33:42 AM

JB

I see it being present day because of royce's AA-12 shotgun, they definitley didnt have those in the 80's but judging from the trailer and various screenshots my bet is present day.

Agree with you 100%

bleau

bleau

Quote from: Corporate Merc on Jun 23, 2010, 05:33:42 AM

JB

The scope on Isabelle's Rifle is newer also.

creature creator

creature creator

o oke thanks for the information ;)

but there has been said that this was just after predator in a article, or am i loosing it? :D

JB

Quote from: creature creator on Jun 23, 2010, 04:04:11 PM

but there has been said that this was just after predator in a article, or am i loosing it? :D

JB

ya from reading the story's and watching the interviews i thought it was after predator.But it was there weapons that made me think it was present day.

Corporate Merc

Corporate Merc

Quote from: 369 on Jun 23, 2010, 05:37:40 PM
Quote from: creature creator on Jun 23, 2010, 04:04:11 PM

JB

ya from reading the story's and watching the interviews i thought it was after predator.But it was there weapons that made me think it was present day.

Well you can look at as a reboot (I remeber a long time ago they referred to it as a remake when predators was first announced), Sequel (since their just ignoring predator 2 and making it a direct sequel to P1). Either way its present day judging from all different aspects of the movie.

Me personally I look at it as a sequel to both predator 1 and 2.

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

It has to be well after 1991, because of Mombasa

Spoiler
He is a Sierra Leone Death Squad member. This death squad were for the first time involved in the civil war of Sierra Leone in 1991-2002. He clearly has been doing what he is doing for a long time
[close]

So my bet is present day too...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed