Alien Prototype - Tim Waggoner

Started by felix, Mar 25, 2019, 05:09:09 AM

Author
Alien Prototype - Tim Waggoner (Read 34,344 times)

Samhain13

Samhain13

I doubt Zula alone will make this novel worthy. Maybe we will get a great villain or the portrayal of the Alien will make up for it.

Frosty Venom

Do we think this will be set post-Resistance/Rescue?

skhellter

skhellter

how many "people start experimenting on the xeno" stories do we need?

flogging a dead xeno...

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Still Collating... on Mar 27, 2019, 10:48:00 PM
I never really liked Zula. I hope this writer can change my mind. But if it's just a single alien, or only a few, we could have a very interesting novel on our hands.

I actually really love her so I'm quite keen to see more of her. I know Defiance took a bit of a downward spiral towards the end but Zula was never a disappointment to me. I'm looking forward to seeing her developed a bit more.

Quote from: Frosty Venom on Mar 28, 2019, 05:18:58 AM

That's a good question. No way to really know off the synopsis so far.

Frosty Venom

I would assume it's set afterwards but post-Defiance/pre-Resistance could also be a possibility.

Still Collating...

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 28, 2019, 07:53:57 AM
Quote from: Still Collating... on Mar 27, 2019, 10:48:00 PM
I never really liked Zula. I hope this writer can change my mind. But if it's just a single alien, or only a few, we could have a very interesting novel on our hands.

I actually really love her so I'm quite keen to see more of her. I know Defiance took a bit of a downward spiral towards the end but Zula was never a disappointment to me. I'm looking forward to seeing her developed a bit more.

Quote from: Frosty Venom on Mar 28, 2019, 05:18:58 AM

That's a good question. No way to really know off the synopsis so far.

I enjoyed Davis a lot more. Still, even though I didn't quite sympathize with Zula as much as I do with most characters in recent novels, I'll give her this. She feels more real and a lot more interesting than most characters in the recent comics IMO. I'm eager to see if the novel helps with my perception of her since I generally respond more to that medium.
Any original alien novel is a must grab for me. If the characters are believable and the alien is treated with care in this one, I'll be thrilled.

SM

SM

In regards to timeframe the first clue is "former Colonial Marine".  The rest will be revealed when Rescue rolls out.

Nostromo

Nostromo

Nice, new audiobook too hopefully.

The Old One

The Old One

Hopefully it's good, above all else.

Corporal Hicks

[cancerblack]

Quote from: The Old One on Mar 25, 2019, 06:56:02 AM
Interesting. Overpowered? lol

I mean, for all we know there's only 20 people on the planet and it killed the guy with the gun first.

Or it's a babby queen and the race is on to catch it before it nests etc.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

It's actually a white hybrid and is going to kill them all with a sword while spouting Bible quotes.

Monster Man

Monster Man

Interesting how Zula caught on and is now protagonist's in several books. Thought she'd be a one and done after Defiance.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Monster Man on Apr 10, 2019, 04:10:33 AM
Interesting how Zula caught on and is now protagonist's in several books. Thought she'd be a one and done after Defiance.
I did too, but mostly because I thought she was pretty under-utilized in Defiance (especially in the second half). I figured they were just.... done with the character, otherwise they'd have done more with her in Defiance.

Frosty Venom

Quote from: Ultramorph on Apr 09, 2019, 07:53:02 PM
It's actually a white hybrid and is going to kill them all with a sword while spouting Bible quotes.

Hell yeah!  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed