AVP the Original Comic Series 30th Anniversary

Started by Engineer, Aug 24, 2019, 02:57:39 PM

Author
AVP the Original Comic Series 30th Anniversary (Read 24,295 times)

Engineer

It's coming out May of 2020.
A friend of mine on Facebook found it online; it's not on Dark Horse's website yet though.
Aliens vs. Predator: The Original Comics Series (30th Anniversary Edition) https://www.amazon.com/dp/1506715680/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_IavyDb6CWVFW1

Corporal Hicks

Not a choice I would have expected for the cover but it's about damn time!!!

And foolishly wishing it's a recolouring.  :laugh:

Engineer

Yea, I may have to get this... I'm a sucker for a hard cover, plus the larger format is nice! Not my favorite cover choice or color either. The yellow is going to clash with the black, blue and red from before. Lol purple would have been cool imo.

Russ840

Russ840

I knew it was Coming  :D. I personally hope it's only the first series.  The page count seems to suggest it and some extras.

I hate the yellow and would have chosen a different cover pic.

Brown background with the Dorman painting of the Pred fighting the Xeno's in the swamp, my profile pic lol.  That would be my choice.

Correct me if I am wrong but that cover pic is the cover to the Dark Horse Presents issue that first features AVP ? Only recoloured.

Also would have preferred  'Versus' in the title, as per the original comics, instead of the modern 'Vs'.

Engineer

I'm just happy they didn't use the movie's style of "AVP" logo

426Buddy

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 24, 2019, 04:06:08 PM
Not a choice I would have expected for the cover but it's about damn time!!!

And foolishly wishing it's a recolouring.  :laugh:

Lord I wish they would finally re-color this series. But I bet this will have the original coloring instead.

Russ840

Quote from: Engineer on Aug 24, 2019, 10:13:43 PM
I'm just happy they didn't use the movie's style of "AVP" logo

Amen to that brother.

SpaceKase

It looks like they're trying to keep in stylistic synergy with the red cover they did for the Predator Anniversary release, where we tantalizingly only got that single Wes Dzioba re-color from the 'Life is Beautiful' cover shot of the original Concrete Jungle. I mean, it's gorgeous but it always cracks me up, like a Collective Soul video or something.

I daren't hope for the full Dzioba treatment on the AvP book, but I can at least dream. There's indelible charm to the 90's water coloring from of the original single issues though. It really emphasized the beauty shots of scenes like the Ryushi sun's-set, or the landing of the Cargo Hauler ship, that and all the rad Ron Cobb design work really fleshed out this colony world in a way that few other stories have. The subsequent colorings were a bit painful, so I'm waiting with bated breath to see what we get here. Until then, my androids will have to just keep dreaming of electric Dziobas. *sigh* Until the day, brothers and sisters.

The Old One

The Old One

Finally, looking forward to it.

Corporal Hicks

If not a new colouring, I kinda hope it's the original colouring from the singles. I much prefer those over the Dark Horse Digital recolouring from the trades.

Russ840

I think it will be the original colouring from the singles.

So far all the other releases in this format have been the original material. Aliens book One was back to black and white and used the original names for the characters.

Book two even omitted the bonus page of art from the later trade printings.

I also hope it is the original art as well. As much I i like the consistency with the trade release, the original colours were much better.

Katanu

So, this should collect the original AvP and War?

SM

Judging from the cover and the blurb - no.  Just looks like the original series.

Corporal Hicks

Given the page count, I'd also just expect the first series. But the new Essential Comics collects AvP, War and 3WW.

The Old One

The Old One

I'd prefer just the first series, anything after that with Machiko Noguchi is nonsense anyway.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed