Sega Looking for New Developer

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 17, 2009, 10:43:52 PM

Author
Sega Looking for New Developer (Read 11,559 times)

Corporal Hicks

Variety.com has just posted up a new article stating that Colonial Marines isn’t cancelled but maybe seeing release under a new developer:

“However, I’ve just spoken to a source in a very good position to know what’s up with both games who told me that they’re definitely not canceled. Production is expected to continue and the games, both of which are well into development, will come out. But quite possibly not with the developers they’re at. “

This collaborates the information I’ve recieved from my own sources. However, just to build on what I’ve heard: The RPG isn’t being canned. It is merely postponed while Obsidian concentrate their work on Alpha Protocol (the other Sega game they are working on). It is Colonial Marines that is in danger of changing hands. As you may have all read in various other articles, Sega is “reviewing” the quality of the game and my source is saying that Sega aren’t too keen on what they see.

So we’ll see. Just keep an eye out, here and various other gaming websites, for more news as it comes. Thanks to Cellien for the Variety article.

stealth bunny

i like most people would love an aliens game but it's got to be good quality otherwise it just brings more bad press on the aliens name,and thats the last thing we need.

Hicks_0998

Hicks_0998

AvP was a top notch game, ya cant argue with that.  A good quality game comes from dedication and hard work and hopefully both A:CM and the RPG will be the result of many hours hard work.  I'd hardly call AVPR game for the PSP of good quality...even though it was from Rebellion.

n3m0

n3m0

this is turning into a AvP soupe opera ^^

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

man I don't even care at this point.   whatever.

JD

JD

Maybe by keeping the fans waiting sega wants to create demand for the 3 games. Fine take your time but give us something good. There is a good possibility that the end result may be three games from the AvP universe on the list of games of the year 2010! But we dont want any of the games canned. This might just bring back the lost reputation of the AvP franchise.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I'm smelling another "Duke Nukem Forever" right now.

Blahblahblah

Blahblahblah

Wow, they really must come with more to keep me excited.  See us in 2020   ::)  

Bio Mech Hunter

Oh son of a b****! CM better not end up in Rebellion's hands. Or there will be blood.   >:(     :'(   Monolith get's my approval though.   ;)    If Sega is saying they're not keen on what they see, that might mean the quality is too good for them. lol I swear, with the kind of games they've been releasing, it's plausible. They better not gimp The Conduit.   >:(  

Splinter Cell

Splinter Cell

I just want this game . For f**ks sake i just want this game . Games like Jumper get released but an Aliens game gets so much shit ?

Nobody

Nobody

f**k Sega

Riptr2

Riptr2

I just wish someone from Sega would calm this cacophony and tell us exactly what is going on.   I'm tired of coming to these sites and just finding more rumours that seem to rile the fans up into a frenzy. I'm sure we'll see an official snippet of news soon, we just have to wait...hopefully not too long.

cloverfan98

cloverfan98

Well at lest the games aren't canned.

Griffith

Griffith

This is bullshit. I don't care anymore as n3m0 said this is like a sad and disgusting  AVP soupe opera ...see you next weekend on Aliens Franchise curse of an endless tragedy

Xenomorphine

No, not f**k them. If they think it's crap, then I appreciate them not giving it to the public.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed