Alien Remake/Origin Story In The Works

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 28, 2009, 09:04:05 PM

Author
Alien Remake/Origin Story In The Works (Read 17,101 times)

Chet

Not really surprised, just disappointed.   :-\  

Keyes

NO, I repeat, NO REMAKE.  There is absoloutely no point in remaking this... "Alien" is a classic, easily available on DVD and soon on blu-ray... why would you want to remake it when the original is held in such high regard?!  I'm all for a prequel/origins story not certainly NOT a remake with some other girl playing Ripley. It's beyond stupid.

Hicks_0998

In light of that update I feel....somewhat less dirty.  With an announcement of an Alien remake, I wanted to rip out the spine of the head of Fox and use the skull as a trophy.  As for the origin story...there is potential there however the novels and comics have expanded on the Space Jockey which I think is whats referred to in the origins. On the other hand if they decide to do the origins of the xenomorph and go to the home planet, go fourth and reek havoc!! But screw it up and I will burn Fox's studios

X-Rex

A remake no...  But every story that has a backstory deserves an origin story.  It can't be kept secret forever.

Rob

Rob

Strange, 20th Centry Fox sed that we did'nt wont to do a remake of the Original !     :(  

Mr. Weyland

If they remake this I will make it my personal mission to take down Hollywood, end the remakes!

War Wager

@ Rob  That was until they thought about the insane amount of money they'd get from it.

TJ Doc

:'(  

invisible hunter

invisible hunter

With ridley and tony scott on board, it could be very good. Iets see what they come up with over the comming months, im really looking forward to predators. Not much news on whats happening with that though.

DB

DB

Poop.

Mr. Stizout

An orgin story on the space jockey would be cool, but a remake HELL NO!

ShadowPred

All I have to say is....NOPE.

Mick

Mick

Please no more Music/Tv Commercial Directors, most of them have no idea about good acting, plot, building tension, suspence and telling a great story.   :o  

Spoon

How long can you keep the aliens series untouched? Come on Im dieing to see new alien movies.  Im all for this and very excited that there is a new predator movie and now an alien movie.  As long as ADI doesn't touch these movies I dont care what director does these movies.  Just sick of the characters looking so embarrassing for this generation.

Hobbs

Hobbs

two words: NO REMAKE!  Is that simple enough to understand or should fans find a Fox CEO to beat it into?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed