Tony Scott Confirms 'Alien' Prequel

Started by Darkness, May 30, 2009, 09:01:08 PM

Author
Tony Scott Confirms 'Alien' Prequel (Read 21,346 times)

Alien Genesis

Alien Genesis

As I have been saying for years, a prequel will be the shot in the arm this series needs.  Many franchises as of late have done origin stories that have breathed new life into material, and I always felt that an origin story to "Alien" could do the same.  Ridley Scott may not be directing, but at least he is involved in some capacity.  Seeing as how "Alien" is the movie that MADE HIS CAREER, he's not going to let a prequel ruin his reputation on that front.  He'll want it to be the best it can be, which means it SHOULD BE the best Alien film in over 20 years.  For the love of the xenomorph, I hope so.

Übermensch

PREMAKE

dallas121

dallas121

That's a terrific new!  That's the best scenario could happen: Riddley Scott on board + a prequel (god bless not a monkey-cheap-remake). The movie could take good direction,  if a quality storyline is respected. I have good hope on it, much much better than Predators!

DOOMSDAY-1

IN 2010 WILL BE ALIENS AND PREDATORS OVER HEAD!!

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Thank crap it's not a remake!

Rob

Rob

If it is a prequel, maybe we might hear about the Space Jockys? That would be intoresting

Xenomorphine

Because, Griker, we know from 'Alien Resurrection' that no outbreaks took place between 'Alien 3' and then. You'd still have the foreknowledge that there would be no danger. Any sequel with some sort of epic stakes in play, would have to be done after 'Alien Resurrection'. The only way to avoid that, would be to make it so that 'Alien 3' was a dream, thereby negating the timeline stuff.

boytupacshakur

Now we can know more about the space jockeys and the queen that made those eggs, and more on the alien homeworld possibly

Rudy M Alapag Jr

Rudy M Alapag Jr

8)   i agree with boytupacshakur that "its gonna be about the derelict ship and the alien eggs and the wise alien queen". my thing is that THE Alien remake is gonna be about only on Ripley herself. THE "ALIEN ORIGINS" basing on Rip than the creatures.

rycher

rycher

you ppl on this site are f**ked up... isnt this what we've been waiting for and wanting for a long time now??? a prequel.... now your complaining about it??? do you want it or not.? jesus!

BUGZ

BUGZ

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.......RAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! ......meh - it might work..........

Spoon

Spoon

As long as theres fans there will always be complainers.  For me I love both aliens and predators and  I treat those movies for for eye candy as they are such amazing creatures.  As long as the aliens are designed right as they are in alien and aliens then Im all for it.  If they look fake and unbelievable then ill lose interest.    Looking at that avp series I actually enjoyed avp:r because the predator actually looked pretty damn good compared those horrific work they did on the first avp movie. Overall they were both garbage but if I had to watch one of them right now I would chose avp:r just to see the pred. ADI completely destroyed the alien ever since they touched them.

dallas121

dallas121

@ Spoon f**king A man!

Xenomorphine

Rycher, don't celebrate things, just because they're superficially new. 'Requiem' promised much, too, but heavily failed to deliver.  And there's a difference between hating something and remaining healthily sceptical of it.

Xenomorphine

Neon, they never sent ANYONE there. That's the whole point of sending hte Nostromo. They intercepted the signal.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed