Tony Scott Confirms 'Alien' Prequel

Started by Darkness, May 30, 2009, 09:01:08 PM

Author
Tony Scott Confirms 'Alien' Prequel (Read 21,236 times)

Darkness

Looks like this new Alien movie is definitely happening. Collider caught up with Ridley Scott’s brother, Tony Scott. He confirmed what Bloody-Disgusting revealed a few days ago. Carl Rinsch is going to direct a prequel to Alien.

Collider: 20th Century Fox is talking about remaking or redoing the original Alien. What's going on with that?
Tony Scott: Yes, Carl Rinsch is going to do the prequel to Alien. He's one of our directors at our company.

He also says he expects shooting to begin before the end of the year. You can check out some of Carl Rinsch’s commercials on /Film. Some of them do look pretty good. Thanks to Dusk and Coolness Cool for the news.

Commander Griker

prequel to Alien or remake what is it?

DOOMSDAY-1

Somebody shot those guys, honestly!

Commander Griker

I can see it now a facehugger impregnants a Gorilla to give us somthing new  cause making bio-stock out of humans has bin done over and over

Commander Griker

how is this going to work? we already bin exposed to the Xenomorph time and time again how will a remake work? i can imagin a sequal with difrent types of animal hosts "Bio-Stock" diffrent Alien transbreeds

Commander Griker

Why cant they make a prequal like Aliens: Colonial Marines have it set after the events of Alien 3

Spaghetti

:-\  

Übermensch

Ridley Scott needs to call Giger ASAP.

Splinter Cell

Splinter Cell

If giger is not on board then dont bother.

Fordo

Fordo

What's with these guys? Is it now a prequel or a remake? Why can't they just tell us? Or don't they know the difference? A prequel is NOT the same a remake, is it? It's a sequel which chronologically plays before the original movies, so actually it's a completely new movie.  But I both think and hope they're making a prequel. Perhaps they'll finally do a good Alien-Movie again, after 25 years with 3 crappy movies.

Neon_Knight

A possible plot they could explore is how the company already knew about the aliens on LV-426 and programmed Ash to get it back for them.  Which must mean there was a precious human exploration of the planet that found the aliens, and told the company about it.

Hicks_0998

Ridley Scott is onboard, so that in itself is good.  On the flip side it could be a money making ploy.  The story has to be good; plot, characters, setting etc all culminate to a fantastic tale.  Then the casting needs to be spot on; crappy no name kids who appeared in a commercial for Pizza Hut need not apply.  This is a big risk guys and I for one hope you know what you're doing.  The Brothers Strause are now flipping burgers down at Maccas in Antarctica.

Hicks_0998

@Neon: you know, I should have really watched Alien again on International Alien Day last week, would've picked up on that.

Clovers

Clovers

I´m Think the Fox is done the same Sh!ºt the   J.J. Abrams' creator from new star trek movie did.Is prequel but same time is remake, but this gone to be in bad way.

MrFacehug

I thank the heavens that it'll be a prequel, and not a remake. I'm really looking forward to this, now. :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed