Rodriguez on Predator 3

Started by Darkness, Jan 29, 2004, 02:59:41 PM

Author
Rodriguez on Predator 3 (Read 5,978 times)

Darkness

Darkness

In a short interview with Moviehole.net, director Robert Rodriguez mentioned the script he was writing for a future Predator 3 movie. Here’s his responses:

MH: And what did ever happen to that "Predator 3" script?
Rodriguez: Oh, “Predators”, yes we’re the “Predator 3″, it’s call “Predators”. It was back when I was doing “Desperado”. I wrote “Desperado”, it was going to get made like end of September, and then “Last Action Hero” bombed, so they said we’re not making any movies for a year, like next year. So I was like what am I going to do until then? So I took a writing assignment, and one of the writing assignments that was out was “Predator” sequel.

So I said, yes I’ll write a version of that. And it was just — it was just crazy, it was huge, it was a big, big, big budget. Because I didn’t have to direct it, I just had to write it. So I didn’t really think about the budget, I was just like wrote this, wrote that. And it was really a cool script, it’s floating around somewhere. But it’s huge, and will never be made, the studio edited it and said there’s no way we can make this, this would cost — even at that time — 150 million, and no women would ever go see this movie.

Moviehole: So even with "Aliens versus Predator”, and you don’t think there’s any hope of the script getting made, it’s just too big?
Rodriguez: "It’s too big, and they’ve now combined alien versus “Predators”. So they’re putting two franchises together, which is probably a smarter way to go since both of those franchises are pretty much dying down. It’s the only way to really revitalize it at all. But yes, the — I don’t think that’d ever make it, it was just too expensive."

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I found this earlier but i thought it was old news....

USCMRat

USCMRat

This guys a writer? your kidding, he sounds more like a hyped up Hood!   ???  

MrHell

MrHell

giday i was jest wondering if any one would know where i could find that script i wouldent mind haveing a read of it so if any one finds it could they email where it is to me cheers    :D  

Darkness

Darkness

Loads of people have been looking for this script but all have come up empty. This goes for anyone. If you find the script on the net, email it to AvPGalaxy.

LFO

LFO

God no, please do not let the rock be in predator 3.

winston398

winston398

i loved all the predator films and begining to love the aliens. but so what if they say its too exspesive. you just rewrite the script so it dosent cost as much.

oh yeah, i agree dont let the rovck be in the movie.

preds kick arse

preds kick arse

well I\'m wit u lot bout the rock bein in pred 3   >:D  

oby

oby

should have bin left after the 1st one!

Joey

Joey

The rock is rubish you should get Arnald Swarcheniger to do it

Oh yer i would love it if you made the film it sounds very good and i just love the Predator movies   ;D 

You should put some aliens in it because it would be a better film and at the end of Pred 2 there was a Alien head.

Everyone hates the Rock if you put him in the movie it would ruin it for many people i don't even know why you even thought of the idea

ali

ali

That idea of rodriguez sounds kind of cool. Because in the end of the second movie he gave Glover a weapon of the 17th century.   The other two scripts arent original at all

pred

pred

the rock licks balls, so does anyone who thinks he doesnt. anri would the best option 4 pred 3 but hes gettin to old to b a hero plus hes a political now.. i dont think pred 3 should hav dutch in it at all..

Bobashotmace

Bobashotmace

Don't even get me started about the :arnold doesn' have to play dutch" (see ALIEN5 chat) thing, and the rock does suck, by the way, can somebody post a link to the PREDATOR 2 script, I haven't seen thhe movie and SCRIPTPIMP didn't have it, but hey, scripts are how I got addicted to the alien series. I really NEED to see the PREDATOR 2 script, and                                         IIIIIIIIII also, Arnie can play a hero........ Sorry but that is the only way I can do exclamation marks,  I made it   myuself, and it is total crap, but it is the best I got.   8)  

redalert51

redalert51

it be exciting ,really why quibble about the budget there is this tool called a computer.I think it would great to have set in the past maybe WW2 or the story about the pistol from Predator 2 .      :)  

Ichan D

Ichan D

Rodriguez?, sure is going to be a wild movie..something like Planet Terror...where everything goes...   :o  

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed