Walter Hill Sent Sigourney Weaver a 50-Page Alien 5 Treatment!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 11, 2020, 05:45:25 PM

Author
Walter Hill Sent Sigourney Weaver a 50-Page Alien 5 Treatment! (Read 81,133 times)

BigDaddyJohn

That's the only one I missed.

BlueMarsalis79

It is worth watching.

Local Trouble

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Sep 09, 2022, 08:22:50 PM
Quote from: SiL on Sep 09, 2022, 07:21:44 PMYou want Scott directing. He's still a brilliant director.

You just don't want him making story decisions.

He's a victim of his own success at this point, in that people who really should, won't say "no" to him and the end product is inferior for it.

Same thing happened to George Lucas.

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

Spite what Disney said about that they wont be Disneyfying Star Wars and Marvel they've done just that. Now they'll bastardize Alien Franchise turn it into a kids medium and we will be seeing fortnight skins and Mobile Games with cute little aliens and chibbi marines for kids to play.

I do whole heartedly blame Fox in the long run though, they really mishandled this franchise going into the 2000s. So it's no surprise they got bought out by Disney of all companies. Really makes that joke in Alien Resurrection even more funnier when the doctor said Weyland was bought out by Walmart in the future haha. 

BigDaddyJohn

Local Trouble

Quote from: Inverse Effect on Sep 12, 2022, 05:09:09 PMNow they'll bastardize Alien Franchise turn it into a kids medium and we will be seeing fortnight skins and Mobile Games with cute little aliens and chibbi marines for kids to play.

Kradan

Inverse Effect

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 12, 2022, 05:49:34 PM
Quote from: Inverse Effect on Sep 12, 2022, 05:09:09 PMNow they'll bastardize Alien Franchise turn it into a kids medium and we will be seeing fortnight skins and Mobile Games with cute little aliens and chibbi marines for kids to play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFNeG0F2nDk

Yeah...I'm gonna cry in a corner now with my stuffed face hugger plushy

SiL

I have one of those. And a chest burster..

From long before the Disney merger.

OpenMaw

Watching Disney wobble around with the Star Wars franchise has certainly been amusing. Oversaturation of the market with shows, films, etc... I had to laugh.

Thus far we have, as far as I know, just the one movie under Disney's belt. Prey. By all accounts (I haven't seen it yet), it's done a damn sight better than The Predator did, and comparatively with the other half of this franchise, better than Prometheus and Covenant did for the Alien series.

So, Disney is off to the right start. I haven't cared much for some of the details i've heard about the upcoming Alien series, but, well... We'll see what happens. I hope it will be amazing... and that would be two for two under Disney's reign.

As to the topic at hand. Ripley shouldn't have made it beyond Alien 3. For all its flaws the final ten minutes of that movie are absolutely solid and end the series the best way I think they could have. No need to go back to the well.

Local Trouble

Quote from: OpenMaw on Sep 13, 2022, 12:27:17 AMAs to the topic at hand. Ripley shouldn't have made it beyond Alien 3. For all its flaws the final ten minutes of that movie are absolutely solid and end the series the best way I think they could have. No need to go back to the well.

What about the first five minutes?

Kradan

OpenMaw

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 13, 2022, 12:30:18 AMWhat about the first five minutes?

A lovecraftian horror that I tried to fix several times.

F*ck it.

Local Trouble

Kradan

Nothing wrong about some lovecraftian horror in an Alien movie

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed