Walter Hill Sent Sigourney Weaver a 50-Page Alien 5 Treatment!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 11, 2020, 05:45:25 PM

Author
Walter Hill Sent Sigourney Weaver a 50-Page Alien 5 Treatment! (Read 81,108 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Ahsoka on Sep 08, 2022, 04:34:33 AMToo bad, I wish they would continue post-Alien 4 with Ripley :(

If not, then what's stopping them to make it in another media like comics or a game?

Back in the DH Press days they did a novel called Original Sin that follows Ripey 8 and the Betty survivors in the aftermath of Resurrection, and deals with (a pre-Prometheus/Engineers interpretation of) the Space Jockies.

There's also the Aliens vs Predator vs Terminator crossover comic which, for some reason, decided to tether itself into a post-Resurrection timeframe and feature Ripley 8. :laugh:

I am shocked that the haven't gotten anything really alluding to Ripley 8 in the modern era of expanded universe material, however. There is one post-Resurrection set novel that I'm aware of, but I think it's more interested in reestablishing Weyland-Yutani and bringing the setting back to the old status quo than it is in actually following on from any threads from Resurrection, from what I've heard.

Wompdonkey

I'm not interested in returning to Ripley's storyline, either

Whiskeybrewer

I'd only have Ripley 8 in a cameo in any post Resurrection set film tbf

Rankles75

Ripley, yes. Ripley 8? I'd rather stick my head in a blender.

Kradan

Quote from: Rankles75 on Sep 08, 2022, 10:04:39 PMRipley, yes. Ripley 8? I'd rather stick my head in a blender.

Why ?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm far more interested in continuing Ripley 8's story. I'd like to explore more of her connection to the Alien. I think it'd open more avenues for some really interesting story explorations.

Bendortheconqueror

Bendortheconqueror

Well, thank God. I wouldn't want to see another attempt to re-animate Ripley. I know people love to give Alien3 a lot of crap, but in my opinion it was the only legit ending for the character. Alien Resurrection was a dumb cash-grab and any "let's ignore Alien3" direct sequel to Aliens, would be another proof of lack of creativity.
I think there is enough or even more potential for interesting stories in the Alien-universe without Ripley.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 07, 2022, 08:29:01 PMMight have to wait for another project, then, because he's producing the next two on the slate.

He's not directing it, that's the most important part for me.

SiL

You want Scott directing. He's still a brilliant director.

You just don't want him making story decisions.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SiL on Sep 09, 2022, 07:21:44 PMYou want Scott directing. He's still a brilliant director.

You just don't want him making story decisions.

He's a victim of his own success at this point, in that people who really should, won't say "no" to him and the end product is inferior for it.

Master

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 09, 2022, 08:09:09 AMI'm fair more interested in continuing Ripley 8's story. I'd like to explore more of her connection to the Alien. I think it'd open more avenues for some really interesting story explorations.

I'd love new entry with Ripley 8. I'd  also love to see another take or adult version of Newborn creature.

COOL GUY

I am all in for more Ripley, why are they so dumb...

[cancerblack]

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: SiL on Sep 09, 2022, 07:21:44 PMYou want Scott directing. He's still a brilliant director.

It didn't look like it with his recent movies, but I guess it's possible.

BlueMarsalis79

Have you not seen The Last Duel then? Pretty excellent.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed