Walter Hill Sent Sigourney Weaver a 50-Page Alien 5 Treatment!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 11, 2020, 05:45:25 PM

Author
Walter Hill Sent Sigourney Weaver a 50-Page Alien 5 Treatment! (Read 80,948 times)

BlueMarsalis79

It might have used "Aliens" more on licensed material, but being a film story first and foremost it is undoubtedly the "Alien" franchise for all intents and purposes, ridiculous discussion anyway though.

D88M

If they had made a good movie i would have liked to see it and is a shame, but the story was over anyway and i wanted to see the ending of Ridley Scott prequel trilogy

We will see what disney has in store but given that the studio has not made a good movie in like what, 20 years? And everything they touch they destroy it i dont have my hopes up, in fact i was sad with the buy of fox and i just count every property they had in there to be already dead creatively speaking, just like what they did to Marvel, Star Wars, etc.

In fact while i am writing this i thought it is pretty weird they dont want the Ripley story to be continued or rebooted or some non sense like that, is right up their alley, i will be surprised if the new Alien and Predator movies they make will not be some kind of "remake that is also a sequel" crap.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: D88M on Sep 05, 2022, 09:05:34 PMIf they had made a good movie i would have liked to see it and is a shame, but the story was over anyway and i wanted to see the ending of Ridley Scott prequel trilogy

We will see what disney has in store but given that the studio has not made a good movie in like what, 20 years? And everything they touch they destroy it i dont have my hopes up, in fact i was sad with the buy of fox and i just count every property they had in there to be already dead creatively speaking, just like what they did to Marvel, Star Wars, etc.

In fact while i am writing this i thought it is pretty weird they dont want the Ripley story to be continued or rebooted or some non sense like that, is right up their alley, i will be surprised if the new Alien and Predator movies they make will not be some kind of "remake that is also a sequel" crap.

True, but the Alien movies aren't going to be made by Marvel/Lucasfilm. Still, and while I don't really like ADI's Predators, I did like Prey as a whole. So I'm still cautiously hopeful for Alien.

About the prequels, I just hope they have a good writer if one day they decide to play that part of the lore in Live-Action form, and honestly, the last thing I want is for Alien to be Ripley's saga.

razeak

Xenomorphosis nailed it. Giler and Hill have been the biggest issue with the series.

SiL

Yeah they only produced two classic movies and saved the original from Roger Corman.

Master

TBH the two movies with Alien I'd really like to see is A:R sequel with Ripley8. Make her a hero, make her a villain both could work.

Another is post Alien3 story where we see whole might of W-Y going to LV-426, finding derelict, setting up base, studying jockey ship and Alien then going to hell with everything going turnly wrong. I want  to see collapse of W-Y and why they are absent in A:R.

BigDaddyJohn

Mmm that could work.

Adam802

Urgh...shame.  Why do we keep losing out on actual good Alien movie concepts?.....

BlueMarsalis79

We dodged a bullet most likely.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Sep 06, 2022, 03:50:50 PMWe dodged a bullet most likely.

We dodged this?  ;D

Spoiler

[close]

BlueMarsalis79

If I am shot in the mouth I'd rather it not be with a bullet.
Spoiler
;)
[close]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Sep 06, 2022, 04:18:26 PMIf I am shot in the mouth I'd rather it not be with a bullet.
Spoiler
;)
[close]

Spoiler
That can be arranged.
[close]

Kradan

SiL

Get a room sheesh

Master

No no, go on!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed