Mechanics Needing To Be Changed

Started by Xenomorphine, Jan 21, 2010, 02:27:51 AM

Author
Mechanics Needing To Be Changed (Read 75,550 times)

Brother

Brother

Sounds good for Survivor.

predalien27

Quote from: Brother on Mar 13, 2010, 07:41:35 PM
Sounds good for Survivor.
Agreed.

VEF214

VEF214

It could be used for Survivor, but human players as Aliens in Infestation is more interesting I think.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I played a little bit of SP last night at my buddy's house and the only thing that really bothered to the point of frustration, and I realize this has been said a billion time already but it's worth repeating, are the piss-weak Aliens.

You're telling me that a pistol whip from a Marine can knock a Warrior down on its ass? Really?

Brother

Brother

Yar ain't it kewl? They seem to be able to take a reasonable amount of bullets on higher difficulties but the knocking works equally fine on all of them.

VEF214

VEF214

A problem I have is when playing as a Predator or Alien in large dynamic battles is that you basically engage in 1v1 after 1v1. This is why Marines top the charts in Species Team Deathmatch, they can easily engage three or four targets at a time and bring them down quickly. Ranged Predators don't have this problem as much but they are no where near the Marine's level.

Map: Refinery
Game Mode: Species Team Deathmatch

Aliens: 6
Marines: 2
Predators: 4

I was playing as a Predator and only using my wristblades. If two Aliens came at me at once I was screwed. If I was fighting one and another one came at me, I was screwed. It felt very awkward not being able to quickly engage one after the other.

Maybe if heavy attacks had stun splash. Blocks are fine, they block all light attacks that come at you. Light attacks could have small splash damage. Or perhaps even trophy or stealth kills could stun nearby players for one second really close to the player being grabbed.

You might say, "Stick together in a pack." Well, yeah this is a good tactic but it really limits the potential for epic encounters (a factor this game severely lacks).

/ramble

predalien27

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 14, 2010, 06:22:34 PM
I played a little bit of SP last night at my buddy's house and the only thing that really bothered to the point of frustration, and I realize this has been said a billion time already but it's worth repeating, are the piss-weak Aliens.

You're telling me that a pistol whip from a Marine can knock a Warrior down on its ass? Really?
Play on Hard mode.  They stumble back instead of falling and those rediculous prompts don't pop up every time you fight an enemy.

VEF214

VEF214

Domination feels unbalanced. Marines need faster capture times away from their home control point. Three Aliens just beat five Marines. 100 to 62. Jungle. The Alien's mobility and ability to strike from any angle on Marines who are standing within a short perimeter makes it difficult for the Marines to take and hold points.

predalien27

Quote from: VEF214 on Mar 14, 2010, 10:01:38 PM
Domination feels unbalanced. Marines need faster capture times away from their home control point. Three Aliens just beat five Marines. 100 to 62. Jungle. The Alien's mobility and ability to strike from any angle on Marines who are standing within a short perimeter makes it difficult for the Marines to take and hold points.
Yes it's just no fun being the marines in domination.

Brother

Brother

And something needs to be done about stunning/knocking down your team mates when FF is disabled for the people who run around and do it on purpose. Very annoying when you're running around trying to play and some turd shoots and nades you.

predalien27

Quote from: Brother on Mar 14, 2010, 10:11:27 PM
And something needs to be done about stunning/knocking down your team mates when FF is disabled for the people who run around and do it on purpose. Very annoying when you're running around trying to play and some turd shoots and nades you.
Ha ha.   :)  Yea that sucks, too.

Crabface

Crabface

Bring back the classes. What predator would walk into a fight using only his wristblades?
Kinda like ya know.... AVP (gold) horde mode,AVP2,AVPPH. -_-

(Although the disc would have to be tweaked and Rebellion would actually have to do some work)

Inverse Effect

Well Vasquez managed to hold one down with her foot. So i asume a pistol whip could knock one down with enough force to the head.

never

never

Quote from: QueenofDeath on Mar 15, 2010, 03:27:56 AM

Well Vasquez managed to hold one down with her foot. So i asume a pistol whip could knock one down with enough force to the head.

The problem is before the pistol whip, it is the blocking with the pistol. If you could detail just exactly how a human is capable of blocking the claws of an Alien capable of tearing your head off with a single hand is physically possible, I would be amazed. If I was an Alien attacking a Marine and the poor fellow raised up his gun as if to block my attack, I would simply grab his gun, eviscerate him with my tail, and then eat his face. The blocking mechanic in this game simply doesn't make sense.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: QueenofDeath on Mar 15, 2010, 03:27:56 AM

That was for a few seconds, and it was already falling down so likely it was bit out of it.

As for the prompts, ya, those were definitely making the game too easy.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed