Blomkamp Shares ADI Alien Sculpt for Alien 5!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 06, 2018, 08:54:49 AM

Author
Blomkamp Shares ADI Alien Sculpt for Alien 5! (Read 42,542 times)

The Old One

The Old One

An extra set of limbs is something completely different to the digitigrade legs, c'mon now.

This rendition looks like an action figure, I can't applaud it when I've seen the same design done superior in 2014.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

People bitched endlessly about the inclusion of Ripley's daughter before the game came out. And there were much caterwauling and gnashing of teeth on these 'ere boards when the digitigrade legs news broke.

In the end the game turned out fine and barely anyone complains anymore. The same would have applied to anything Blomkamp did. He could give the Alien two heads and bring back the entire Marine squad from the dead, if the movie was great all would be forgiven and he would be toasted as a capital fellow till the end of time.

The Old One

The Old One

People on these 'ere boards still complain about the ridge heads.

proto leech

Quote from: The Old One on Oct 06, 2018, 04:57:04 PM
An extra set of limbs is something completely different to the digitigrade legs, c'mon now.

This rendition looks like an action figure, I can't applaud it when I've seen the same design done better- very recently.

digitigrade legs on a biomechanoid enhances/streamlines it imo.

queen arms on kane's son is meh. im not impressed.

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Oct 06, 2018, 05:07:45 PM
People bitched endlessly about the inclusion of Ripley's daughter before the game came out. And there were much caterwauling and gnashing of teeth on these 'ere boards when the digitigrade legs news broke.

In the end the game turned out fine and barely anyone complains anymore. The same would have applied to anything Blomkamp did.

i still think ripley's daughter fighting aliens is goofy, people dont bitch that much anymore because the game was quite good and its positives outweigh its negatives. if blommy's movie COULD be so good it made up for dumb stuff is something we'll never know.

Vrastal

Really not liking it.

I really dont want to see anything from the original 4 movies story again.

New story, new cast. A few easter egg refrences are fine. But leave ripley alone. She gets shoe horned into so many things.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: King geedorah on Oct 06, 2018, 05:14:33 PM

This rendition looks like an action figure, I can't applaud it when I've seen the same design done better- very recently.

In the end the game turned out fine and barely anyone complains anymore. The same would have applied to anything Blomkamp did.

i still think ripley's daughter fighting aliens is goofy, people dont bitch that much anymore because the game was quite good and its positives outweigh its negatives. if blommy's movie COULD be so good it made up for dumb stuff is something we'll never know.

Goofy my foot.  If your Mom disappeared on a spaceship mission and you had the means to pursue her last known whereabouts and flight recorder, would you take that chance or would that be too far-fetched for you?  By the same token, had Alien 3 not happened, and had Ripley survived, it would have been totally plausible that she would have taken up the fight if she found out that W-Y found more aliens.  She was ready to nail Burke, right to the wall despite him being an ostensibly powerful figure at W-Y.  There was definitely another great Ripley film in there somewhere that should have been made, and still can.

The Old One

The Old One

If you truly have a solid story there's no need to include Ellen Ripley.

Gilfryd

Quote from: The Old One on Oct 06, 2018, 04:57:04 PMThis rendition looks like an action figure
Because that's kinda what it is?

brokentusk420

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Oct 06, 2018, 05:52:06 PM

Goofy my foot.  If your Mom disappeared on a spaceship mission and you had the means to pursue her last known whereabouts and flight recorder, would you take that chance or would that be too far-fetched for you?  By the same token, had Alien 3 not happened, and had Ripley survived, it would have been totally plausible that she would have taken up the fight if she found out that W-Y found more aliens.  She was ready to nail Burke, right to the wall despite him being an ostensibly powerful figure at W-Y.  There was definitely another great Ripley film in there somewhere that should have been made, and still can.

No there isn't. Her story is over and the third movies bleak ending is the only logical conclusion for her.  Even the original Alien had a bleak ending with her floating off into space.  Maybe to be rescued maybe not. When Alien was made,  the term sequel was never in mind. They were taking a huge chance making that movie and we're afraid it would be a failure. Which obviously it wasn't. The only reasons people wanna bring her and the annoying kid back is because they are incapable of thinking of a story without them or have some fanboy dream of having a Aliens 2.0 movie. Leave her, Hicks and the kid dead. A story of Ripley taking on the corporation and becoming and alien hunter through the galaxy sounds stupid and a bit like a Saturday morning cartoon,  and less like a legitimate film. Stop reducing what were once films, into hollow shells of themselves called franchise movies. That's all Bumkamp's movie would have been.

Quote from: The Old One on Oct 06, 2018, 05:56:08 PM
If you truly have a solid story there's no need to include Ellen Ripley.

Exactly my point. 

Whos_Nick

Neill had a story without Ripley done, he added her after speaking with Sigourney while filming Chappie. In a world where Halloween, Terminator, and RoboCop are getting true sequels 30 years later, Alien could've easily been brought back for one

newagescamartist

Quote from: AVP-CAPCOM on Oct 06, 2018, 02:47:55 PM

Blomkamp is making a mistake beating that dead horse that is ROBOCOP. Come on no-one cares about "Reaganomics" consumerism, social disorder or gentrification. They are more lifestyle choices now than fears.

Speak for yourself. I'm infinitely more excited for Robocop Returns than I ever was Aliens 2.5.

Mr. Clemens

Pleasantly surprised to see the reverence for the Big Chap in this design. I always assumed they'd just be going with Cameron's version.

Still wouldn't want the movie, though.  :-\

irn

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Oct 06, 2018, 05:52:06 PM

It would be better with the daughter/son of Dallas or Parker or anyone else in the Nostromo crew. Ripley's daugther just seems like an excuse to redo Ripley without Ripley but still being Ripley.

Nostromo

Nostromo

Great, more fanboy geek crap...happy his movie didn't get made. Where do these idiots get these stupid ideas from, what's wrong with the original perfect Alien.

But noooo I want to add 4 arms instead of 2 thinking it's cooool...

Hyperdyne120-a2

Eh. Original Big Chap with second set of arms? Why even bother with the alteration? Not to be negative, but I haven't been a fan of what I've seen from this project and frankly relieved this didn't get made.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed