Scott: We are going to make another Alien movie

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Dec 04, 2017, 05:54:38 PM

Author
Scott: We are going to make another Alien movie (Read 241,150 times)

SM

He made a nice song for Elizabeth too.

ChrisPachi

Draws quite a bit.

SM

Definitely has a penchant for art.

prometheusfire08

prometheusfire08

erm...... the engineers created the Alien.
a movie I watched called prometheus shows a crew of explorers going to a far away star system where they come upon a structure ( at least 2000 years old ) that features paintings and sculptures of the Alien.........

not really much you can argue with that .

unless you think David is a time traveler 😂😂😂

SM

Except if you want argue that it's a Deacon.

prometheusfire08

prometheusfire08

Tomato tomatoe 😉

Ingwar

What about facehuggers on the mural?

Predator@Alien

Of course it's a Deacon.
I don't know why everyone want to see a Xeno... It's a Deacon, the production wanted to put a Deacon, the Engineers created it. And now you will say that in Prometheus it was random circumstances, but no. Human genome and Engineers genome is the same, so same result. Moreover, the effects of the black goo show that every administration create a creature which have similar characteristics : acid for blood, elongated head, no eyes for example. David has just advanced the Deacon to create the Xenomorph. I don't know why everybody always want to find something to contradict that, maybe it's a problem because you don't like that but David create the Xenomorph, that's it...

prometheusfire08

prometheusfire08

well I guess if we are to believe Davids claim to fame we should also follow him with who wrote his fave quote...........

Scorpio

I'm fine with David creating the xenomorph.  The Engineers created the black goo that created the xenomorph.  The Engineers also created an early ancestor of the xenomorph.  That's enough to say it wasn't wholly created by David.  So it's the best of both worlds.  You get a personal story of creation by an insane android and a wider story of an ancient race creating a perfect weapon.  So the xenomorph has personal and foreign origins, which makes it more compelling from a narrative standpoint than if it were either one or the other.

Gash

Quote from: Scorpio on Jan 24, 2018, 12:55:20 AM
I'm fine with David creating the xenomorph.  The Engineers created the black goo that created the xenomorph.  The Engineers also created an early ancestor of the xenomorph.  That's enough to say it wasn't wholly created by David.  So it's the best of both worlds.  You get a personal story of creation by an insane android and a wider story of an ancient race creating a perfect weapon.  So the xenomorph has personal and foreign origins, which makes it more compelling from a narrative standpoint than if it were either one or the other.

Yeah, that.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Scorpio on Jan 24, 2018, 12:55:20 AMSo the xenomorph has personal and foreign origins, which makes it more compelling from a narrative standpoint than if it were either one or the other.

I would argue that from a narrative standpoint giving the alien 'personal' origins is anathema to what was great about the original film.

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Jan 24, 2018, 10:38:09 AM
Quote from: Scorpio on Jan 24, 2018, 12:55:20 AMSo the xenomorph has personal and foreign origins, which makes it more compelling from a narrative standpoint than if it were either one or the other.

I would argue that from a narrative standpoint giving the alien 'personal' origins is anathema to what was great about the original film.

It doesn't have personal origins though. It has so many origins it is intentionally difficult to place any one point of central divergence. Will we ever know just how many times it has been wiped out and brought back from extinction by AI or others who become so enraptured with it as though it were some long-lost lover or relative? And even then, there are still many unanswered questions and mysteries left open before the prequel series is concluded (if it ever is), but I don't think they should be answered. The connection between the bio-mechanical appearance of the Xenomorph and the Engineer biotechnology, the organism on the Derelict, the eggs on the Derelict, ANYTHING about LV-426 in relation to the prequels, among other things, such as how David knew they required a Queen as a physical manifestation of a pre-existing hive-mind... guys, the Xenomorph is more than just a physical creature, it's more like a force. That is basically what I'm getting from all of this. The Engineers, even if they didn't make it, they SAW it somewhere before. There is an entirely "other" layer and component of this equation. The Xenomorph when looked at as more of an essence than merely a physical being makes more sense. What would a perfect organism be? Well, an organism that comes from somewhere inorganic, obviously, or beyond mere organics. There is no such thing as a perfect organism - ergo, its origins are far more complicated than the physical creation aspect of the beast, because the physical creation is just the tip of the iceberg...

tleilaxu

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Jan 24, 2018, 10:38:09 AM

It's funny you say that because in the original film, the "alien" uses a human host to procreate.

whiterabbit

Fire has always existed but it wasn't until mankind discovered it could be created and bent to our will that we become powerful.

David's fire is the black goo and he has bent it to his will. So the goo and xenomorph dna existed before David but it is what you do with that fire that makes one a creator. Considering the aliens in Covenant look and act differently from Big Chap, there's still work to do and it's what David does next that becomes The Modern Alien.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed