Scott: We are going to make another Alien movie

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Dec 04, 2017, 05:54:38 PM

Author
Scott: We are going to make another Alien movie (Read 241,248 times)

The Highlander MacLeod

The Highlander MacLeod

With the way Disney screwed up the Star Wars franchise, I'm doubtful they will do the right thing by the Alien & Predator franchises. Only time will tell. 

SM

$4.2b over three films and overwhelmingly positive reviews = screwed up?

Highland

Quote from: SM on Jan 14, 2018, 02:10:22 AM

I dunno man. I'm super interested to see the numbers on the next one. They will naturally be lower, but it does feel like a blow to the universe, there was never this much hate even on the prequels. If Alien didn't turn out the way fans thought it might, Star Wars just said hold my beer.

D. Compton Ambrose

I haven't seen the new one yet, but The Force Awakens was pretty cool.

SM

Quote from: Highland on Jan 14, 2018, 02:25:59 AM

I dunno man. I'm super interested to see the numbers on the next one. They will naturally be lower, but it does feel like a blow to the universe, there was never this much hate even on the prequels. If Alien didn't turn out the way fans thought it might, Star Wars just said hold my beer.

Never this much hate?  People are still whining about Jar-Jar and midiclorians nearly 20 years on.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: SM on Jan 14, 2018, 07:55:48 AM
Quote from: Highland on Jan 14, 2018, 02:25:59 AM

Never this much hate?  People are still whining about Jar-Jar and midiclorians nearly 20 years on.

Jar Jar was annoying and I wasn't a massive fan of the prequels. I don't think I ever said to myself though " I'm not wasting my time on the next one".

I feel like this is the same problem the Alien universe has suffered only bigger. They write these things like they are part of a story, but there's no story, the next movie has to pick dependant on what the director or the studio calls for.

Star Wars is a bit more confusing though since it suffers no budget or age restraints like Alien.

Predator is 100% going to do the same thing. It's practically locked in. There will be Predator language translated by a kid and it'll be a one liner.

QuoteI haven't seen the new one yet, but The Force Awakens was pretty cool.

Unfortunately there's not much similarity. TLJ could quite easily be a stand alone movie that happened to have the same characters in it. You might like it, but it's a very different movie from FA. In some way's it actually makes more sense to start the trilogy at TLJ.

Jones Lives

"I'm hoping I'll still probably be there so whether or not they go ahead with such a dark subject, being Disney, as aliens remains to be seen. I think they should because I think, when people have a hard and fast franchise which has ongoing interest, it's crazy not to do something with it."

Does it surprise me that Ridley believes the dark subject matter would be the reason they wouldn't go ahead with the next one?! No! He can't seem to look inward and hold himself accountable for under performing returns. When better fan edits of his own films are made using the scenes he cut, it doesn't inspire confidence in his decision making!

Scorpio

The fan edits don't have to keep the film under 2 hours.

Paranoid Android

Yeah, I know what you mean.

Gotta make that film only two hours long, so let's cut all the character development scenes out to make room for this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYGSYq6QgxE

Scorpio

I would call that character denouement.

prometheusfire29

prometheusfire29

summed up in four words: 'David made the Alien'. And that contribution undermines the entire franchise.

hang on a moment ....... what ?
all we have seen is David bring to life an old science project that was obviously already perfected a long long time ago

at least 10,000 years according to the movie prometheus .
has David really created anything ???

Deathbearer

Quote from: prometheusfire29 on Jan 15, 2018, 02:20:29 AM
summed up in four words: 'David made the Alien'. And that contribution undermines the entire franchise.

all we have seen is David bring to life an old science project that was obviously already perfected a long long time ago

Of course he did because Scott is so in love with David that I'd be surprised if he isn't retroactively responsible for the birth of the f**king universe

SM

Quote from: prometheusfire29 on Jan 15, 2018, 02:20:29 AM

What "10,000 years according to Prometheus"?

ralfy

Obviously, prequels should not feature much of what appears in movies that follow, which means they might not be made in terms of horror or action.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: prometheusfire29 on Jan 15, 2018, 02:20:29 AMhas David really created anything??

He created the alien. Not sure what movie you were watching.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed