Aliens V. Predator Ultimate Prey - AvP Anthology

Started by BryanThomasS, Jan 07, 2021, 08:18:28 PM

Author
Aliens V. Predator Ultimate Prey - AvP Anthology (Read 62,938 times)

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Kradan on Jan 29, 2021, 06:34:13 PM
Quote from: Lost_Hunter on Jan 29, 2021, 05:33:24 PM
Woh! That's a strong recommendation, I will give it a sniff. Thanks Kradan

Seriously, there was just so much interesting sci-fi stuff and exotic places characters visited. I loved that trilogy. Hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did  ;)

This, and Alien: Phalanx is also a must for me now. I can't believe I missed this story somehow, battle harden knights taking on "demons", has that Doom Eternal vib with the Night Sentinels fighting the demons from hell with Doomguy at the front of the action.

I do have a question though; Is Ataegina an alternate Earth or descendants of a forgotten colony of a long lost human expedition?
___________________________________________________-

Doing more research now, I see that the Palatine caste has returned to Phalanx which is awesome! Now it made me yearn for a Queen Mother to return to modern day media one day. The Queen Mother itself is an eldritch horror, perhaps the most truest sense of the word in the Alien mythos. I mean its so rare, a mythical being that can instill fear and horror into minds, driving them mad with nightmares of how they will meet a gruesome end. Its almost like a living Marker from Dead Space, which makes it all the more fascinating, this caste should also be explored more.

Other than that, I can't wait for this anthology, this is amazing! More AVP content, finally!!!!!

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Jan 30, 2021, 03:29:57 AM
I do have a question though; Is Ataegina an alternate Earth or descendants of a forgotten colony of a long lost human expedition?

To answer that is actually a pretty significant spoiler for the book itself, so I would recommend going in not knowing the answer to this question, but if you absolutely want to know before you start reading -

Spoiler
Ataegina is a colony that's housed humans for a few generations, but the current generation does not have any knowledge of this history or of Earth. They believe that this world is where they originated.
[close]

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jan 30, 2021, 04:09:33 AM

To answer that is actually a pretty significant spoiler for the book itself, so I would recommend going in not knowing the answer to this question, but if you absolutely want to know before you start reading -

Spoiler
Ataegina is a colony that's housed humans for a few generations, but the current generation does not have any knowledge of this history or of Earth. They believe that this world is where they originated.
[close]
Ohhhh thanks mate! I'm a try to resist the spoiler until my book arrives, wish me luck!  :laugh:

Kradan

Good luck, It worth waiting

PraetorianX101

Quote from: Kradan on Jan 29, 2021, 06:34:13 PM
Quote from: Lost_Hunter on Jan 29, 2021, 05:33:24 PM
Woh! That's a strong recommendation, I will give it a sniff. Thanks Kradan

Seriously, there was just so much interesting sci-fi stuff and exotic places characters visited. I loved that trilogy. Hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did  ;)

This, and Alien: Phalanx is also a must for me now. I can't believe I missed this story somehow, battle harden knights taking on "demons", has that Doom Eternal vib with the Night Sentinels fighting the demons from hell with Doomguy at the front of the action.

___________________________________________________-

Doing more research now, I see that the Palatine caste has returned to Phalanx which is awesome! Now it made me yearn for a Queen Mother to return to modern day media one day. The Queen Mother itself is an eldritch horror, perhaps the most truest sense of the word in the Alien mythos. I mean its so rare, a mythical being that can instill fear and horror into minds, driving them mad with nightmares of how they will meet a gruesome end. Its almost like a living Marker from Dead Space, which makes it all the more fascinating, this caste should also be explored more.

Other than that, I can't wait for this anthology, this is amazing! More AVP content, finally!!!!!
Having read Phalanx myself, I was under the impression that the "Royal Guards" that appeared in the novel were Praetorians, not Palatines. ??? Or at least the way they were described made them appear to be most similar to Praetorians.

Kradan

Aren't they essentially the same ?

PraetorianX101

Palatines have tusks. :P

Mr.Turok

They have them tusks, strong enough to tear apart heavy machinery and heavily armored vehicles, and apparently just as large as a regular Queen.

Queen Mothers and Palatines should make a comeback, maybe it can help with more storytelling ideas for future Alien and AVP content. 

Kradan

Kradan

I mean, yeah, there're definetly design differences - but in terms of their purpose - protecting a Queen - aren't they the same ? There's Aliens: Rogue comic and there they are called Praetorians but they look like Palatines from Female War - with tusks and all

PraetorianX101

Praetorians protect Queens. Palatines protect the Queen Mother. ;)

Mr.Turok

And if Aliens killed off 90% of the human population and control on the planet, I'm surprised that it didn't evolve into a Queen Mother in the first place. Usually they come about when they have near to complete control of a world. Then again, both Queen Mother and Palatines haven't been relevant on transmedia since the 90s.....damm  :'(

SM

Thankfully.

Local Trouble

Would you say that your opinion has always been influenced by the fact that your first impression of them was tainted by Sam Kieth's art?

Nightmare Asylum

Broke: Sam Kieth's art in Earth War
Woke: Sam Keith's art in Inhuman Condition

SM

Both were rubbish.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 01, 2021, 06:13:24 AM
Would you say that your opinion has always been influenced by the fact that your first impression of them was tainted by Sam Kieth's art?

No.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed